“The Brisket is fantastic” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 70 Restaurants in Dahlonega
Cuisines: Barbecue
Clarkesville, Georgia
“The Brisket is fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

We had a great meal this evening with our entire family. Everybody loved the food and of particular note was the brisket which is a definite "don't miss!" The service was exemplary. We met the owner and he's a nice fella as well. We finished with the banana pudding and my Mom who is ordinarily critical of other folks banana pudding declared it homemade - high praise indeed. We'll be back for sure.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Haddenham, United Kingdom
“Delicious BBQ, simply served”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

We visited based on other reviews, and were glad we did! The BBQ food is delicious, tasty side orders and simply served in a basket with disposable cutlery. Service was speedy and friendly.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dahlonega, Georgia
“Worst Bar B QUE EVER!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

I do not understand how people enjoy this food to me everything was terrible. I tried this place more than once just to see if I missed something. The sides were not even good to me! Too much smoke flavor of something in the Bar b que!

• Visited July 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Great BBQ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

My husband and I stopped in based on other great reviews. The food was very good; and being from Missouri we've had our share of BBQ. I had brisket with baked beans and cornbread casserole. Hubby had chicken with coleslaw and potato salad. All of it great! Staff was very friendly. Not a fancy place but don't let it fool you....well worth the stop!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Atlanta, Georgia
“Tender, flavorful, quality food at a reasonable price with great service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

This was our first visit here as we were just passing thru after a 1/2 day hike up Blood Mountain.
I had several questions for our server who was very attentive and wanted to give me accurate information about the different choices. It was refreshing to have a server take pride in his job and treat customers so respectfully. He even offered to bring a sample of a side to help me know what I would be ordering.
As we enjoyed our delicious food; we discovered this was a family business and our server was the owner's son; who also helps smoke food. He really knew the business without that "know it all" attitude. The brisket was excellent and very tender. I especially liked the baked bean side. The chicken was tender and could be eaten without needing to smother it with a lot of sauce.
A great place to stop off; after hiking or wandering thru Dahlonega.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere