“After reading reviews we expected more” 3 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 67 restaurants in Dahlonega
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Doing business, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Dessert
Daytona
“After reading reviews we expected more”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I went in on a Friday late afternoon. Looks like the staff was preparing for a large party that would be sat on the balcony.
We were placed at a small table for two which would have been alright except it turned out to be near stairs that led up to storage. I had servers and cooks brushing past me non-stop.
My husband had the Grouper Picatta which he said was very bland. I ordered the vegetable lasagne. It seemed ok at first but perhaps was cooked ahead and disappointing since we waited for 30 minutes during a slow time (3 tables including ours)and would gladly wait longer if our entrees were freshly prepared.
The staff was friendly and our server pleasant. I think just a few things would have made it a more appealing visit. For instance the servers and manager were drinking in the work areas and while handling plates glasses etc.
Also some of the cooks had dirty uniforms. An apron would go a long way.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

83% Recommend
Columbia, SC
“Outstanding Food and Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

OMG - Everyone should try this place. The girls and I went for a winery trip and happened across this place on Sunday for Brunch, when we were leaving. The food here topped the food at winery's we ate at and the prices were unbelievable low. Too bad - we were leaving! Would have loved to eaten here again. We will be back and I highly recommend this place!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Don't go after 8:30”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

Tried to go on a double date here on a Saturday night, arrived at 8:40 and was greeted by a male employee opening the door for us on a rainy night (was thinking how nice) until he opened his mouth before we could walk in and say "Dang y'all, we thought that we weren't going to get any more customers tonight. We(the staff) is ready to leave. As if to say that we would be ruining their nights to sit down and spend at least $100 or more and tip $25 or more. We asked if he was serious and he replied yea. A lady sat us at a table (I think she was the manager) we sat and watched all the staff whisper to themselves and stare at us. We got up and left without even getting drinks. They thanked us for leaving.... Worst restaurant/hospitality experience ever

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, Georgia
“A Gem in the Mountains”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Tried Yahoola after reading the positive reviews on Trip Advisor. Good call, had a lovely lunch on the porch. The fried green tomatoes were the best I ever had. I had the hamburger (which was good), my mom had the shrimp and grits...wish I would have had the shrimp and grits, they were amazing! Finished lunch with creme brulee (yum). Service was excellent. Would highly recommend them.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Gainesville, Georgia
“Very friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We went last weekend. Service was a little slow, but they had some large groups ahead of us, so they were a little overwhelmed. If you eat on the porch, ask to sit near the back because of highway noise. Presentation was lovely and food was good. Will go back for sure. Too bad there's no view, corn muffins were not anything to write home about.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere