“Terrific seafood!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Hoschton, Georgia
“Terrific seafood!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I recently went here with a group of ladies and everything was so good, I returned the following evening with my husband. They have a very extensive menu of fried, grilled and Cajun-style seafood. I believe they also had some beef items. Most items were reasonably priced but a few things were pricey (lobster, for one). Freshly-made hush puppies are brought to the table when you order. They were tasty and not greasy. Items ordered at my table of ladies included shrimp etouffee, shrimp scampi with pasta, clam po' boy, grilled salmon, fried shrimp and flounder, seafood gumbo and fried calamari and clams. Everything was wonderful and tasty and hot! Even our waiters were friendly and efficient! The gumbo was very spicy, the etouffee mildly spicy and the shrimp scampi was not too garlicky. The calamari and clams were tender. And we had freshly-made beignets for dessert--scrumptious! When I returned with my husband, he ordered jumbo fried shrimp with clams which he loved and I had a crab cake with cole slaw and a baked potato. The crab cake was make in-house and was tender, flaky and very good. I didn't care for the cole slaw because nutmeg was added and I would prefer it without this spice. This restaurant has only been open for 5 months and is becoming quite popular. The place is small so they may have to find larger quarters if their popularity increases!
I must add that my daytime experience was different than my nighttime experience. The food was wonderful on both occasions but at lunch, the music was too loud. The restaurant was not crowded at lunch and felt we got a little better service than in the evening when it was full. Also, the nighttime female hostess had no smiles and didn't have a very friendly attitude but our waiter was great!

• Visited February 2013