“By the Shell Gas Station....,...” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Cumming, Georgia
“By the Shell Gas Station....,...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

First I have to say that I fought my husband about trying this out primarily because of the location. I know I drove by it hundreds of times without glancing toward it. Who would eat there? The answer is clear......I do along with a bunch of people who know a good thing when they have it. The gyro platters are my favorite. The Greek potatoes are delicious too! Don't judge a book by its cover. Open it up and read the menu. You won't be disappointed.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“Love this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Even though this place is located right next to a gas station, it's a great little find if you like Mediterranean cousin. I love their gyro and Greek potatos. Ask for feta cheese in the gyro. The owner is there most of the time and checks on everybody.

• Visited October 2012
GA
“Don't Miss This!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

It is true that some of the best places to eat are located in the places you least expect! Baba's is located at a gas station but provides some of the best Greek and Mediterranean food I have ever tasted. The lamb is the best thing on the menu and the portions are huge!

Visited October 2012
Cumming, Georgia, United States
“A "Don't Miss" restaurant in Cumming? At a gas station?!?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Do NOT let the fact that this place is attached to a Shell Station fool you. It's authentic Iranian and Greek food and, if you can get a table, it's a great affordable treat.

I admit some bias since I absolutely love Iranian food and having a place like this close to home is a dream come true for me. I WANT it to be good. Thankfully, it actually IS good!

Not nearly enough seating for Friday nights but make sure you go there.

Make sure you order the most-o-khiar (I have no idea how they spell it in English!). I have no ideas if the gyros are good, that would be the last thing I would order there. Take a chance and try something new.

• Visited June 2012
“Nothing Special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

We tried Baba's after purchasing a Groupon ($20 worth of food for $10). It was okay, nothing special. I had a Gyro sandwich. It was bland (the meat, the sauce) while the french fries were over seasoned (to the point where they were almost inedible). Honestly, I think the gyros at the mall taste better.

• Visited July 2012