“clean, quiet, friendly” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Cumming
New Kent, Virginia
“clean, quiet, friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

In mid-September, 2013, my wife and I stayed and enjoyed the property. It was clean and the 'angel' on the front desk (Angela) was so friendly we couldn't be happier. We will stay again.
The entrance/exits are 'tricky' the first time but no real problem

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Martinsburg, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

We spent 4 nights there while fishing at Lake Lanier with 2 others. It was a comfortable and the staff were courteous as well as attentive. There are a lot of eateries in the area but be prepared to drive. Breakfast at the Comfort Inn is the standard free get going fare. If you need to stock your fridge there is gas station/convenience store nearby. Parking is tight and somewhat confusing.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
harrypr, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Thank you for sharing your recent review of our hotel. We apprecaite the positive feedback too
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

From the hallway, to the elevator to the stairwell, the hotel smelled musty and had a rotten food odor. The 4 tiny pillows on the bed were sad, flat and uncomfortable. We should have ripped the seats out of our minivan and used them as pillows. The bathroom sink was not properly cleaned (food particles left). The next morning, the breakfast attendant was very rude and did not speak to anyone. There were 2 elderly ladies struggling with the waffle maker machine and she did not offer to help them at all. Another guest (a teenager) helped them with their waffles. I was looking for hot water for my tea and she did not say a word to help me despite the fact that it was obvious that I was searching for something.

At check out, the front desk clerk was too lazy to get out of her chair and check us out properly. She was busy texting on her phone and made us feel as though we interrupted her text conversation. My husband asked for a receipt and she acted like we asked her to carry our luggage to our car on her head. Ridiculous.

Overall, management needs to seriously pay attention to the horrible customer service at this hotel. We will definitely not be staying here ever again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your review. Our apologies that we did not provide a pleasant lodging experience with us. We have decided to refund your money as we failed to provide adequate and reliable customer service

Charlotte, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

While prominently posted as "No Smoking," we didn't even cross the threshold of the first room as it REEKED of ashes. The desk clerk seemed genuinely abashed & found us another room (with some effort on her part).

Room #2 smelled of Asian take out food (really; we thought of just leaving, but had already paid via Hotels.com); getting the AC going cleared the air shortly, albeit after some effort to get it going. Later, we found the TV didn't work (not the remote, but the TV, even plugged into an outlet just checked with a lamp). The desk clerk offered to summon someone, but advised it might take a while. As it was after 10 & we were beat & in bed, we said "skip it.'

That's what we recommend about this hotel & what we'll do hereafter: "SKIP IT."

That clerk, though, is a person I'd hire for sales - in a NY minute.

• Stayed June 2013
harrypr, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Thank you for sharing your recent stay with us. Please accept our apologies that we did not get you checked into a room where everything was to your satisfaction. We do offer alternate rooms regardless of the booking source.We appreciate your postive comments about our staff. We are in the process of upgrading our property which will be completed in 2013
Cumming, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

We were moving to Cumming, GA and needed a hotel just for one night before the Closing. We chose this hotel as it was pet friendly and not very far from our new home. It is very nice, clean and convenient to everything necessary. We didn't want to leave our dog in the room, so we had picked up a salad at Ingles, and ordered out for pizza....yummy. The only negatives were a slight musty smell when we first entered our room and the breakfast was just mediocre. However, with that said, it was a great find and we were very pleased. There were no "doggie" odors in the lobby like we experienced at another pet friendly hotel recently. Beds were comfy and bathroom was very clean with nice towels. The afternoon desk clerk (female) was very friendly, efficient and accommodating. The early morning desk clerk (male), was on his cell phone, and didn't seem that interested in his job, but no big deal. All in all, very good.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
harrypr, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Thank you for sharing your review and I trust that your closing was successful and that you have settled into Forsyth County. We appreciate your feedback and that we could accommodate your family and our pet designated rooms too
Emporia, Kansas, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

My biggest problem here, and the reason I'm writing this review, is the lack of customer service. My wife and I were in Cumming with a friend to do some hiking and stayed the night here. We got a king bed that was reasonably comfortable, but there were only four small sized pillows on the bed. I have back problems, so I needed a bit more support than just two pillows (two for my wife), No problem, I thought, I'll just ask for more. I went down to the lobby and asked Raj at the front desk if I could have two more pillows for my room. He then told me that a king bed had six or eight pillows. I told him that my room had four pillows, and then he quickly corrected himself and said yes, king beds should have four pillows. He then told me that four pillows was enough for a king bed and that he didn't have any more pillows to give me. I was a bit shocked, so I just went back to my room to go to bed. As you might expect, I didn't sleep well between having two small pillows and a rattling air conditioner (which, really, I might not even have noticed had I been able to sleep more comfortably).

Overall, the room was reasonably clean, I had plenty of towels, and the person at the front desk in the morning was very polite. I just find it shocking that an employee would refuse my request for a couple more pillows and then tell me that I had enough as it was. Don't tell me that I'm wrong about what I need to sleep comfortably. If it's company policy (and if it is, I would strongly suggest that management change that policy; I've gotten more pillows at Hampton, Candlewood, Hilton, and other hotels without a problem), then just tell me it's company policy and apologize. This poor customer service led to a poor experience with this hotel on my part.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
harrypr, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Thank you for sharing your recent stay at our hotel. Our apologies that the additional pillows were not made available when you initially had made the request. I will share thi response with Raj so that he knows of the situation and how to handle it better the next time this siutation arises
Lincolnton, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

This was a comfortable hotel located right off of 400N in the middle of everything. Staff was very pleasant and helpful. They had a wonderful male front clerk Mr. Raj that was very helpful. My room was comfortable and clean.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
harrypr, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Thank you for sharing your recent review of our hotel . We appreciate the feedback and that we are offering great value for lodging in the Cumming area. I wil pass on your kind remarks to Raj, our Night Auditor

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!