“great motel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 4 hotels in Cumming
owls head ny
“great motel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

My husband and I have been staying at SUN SUITES CUMMING for many years. We love the cleanliness and friendliness of the entire staff,some of whom we have seen many times.The property is well kept and the laundry is great. We will ALWAYS stay at SUN SUITES when we are in Cumming.NICE PEOPLE!!!!!

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

28 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Sautee, Georgia, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

This is a hole in the wall kind of place. Smells bad and sleeps crap. Good if you're drunk. Not somewhere you'd take someone you like. Maybe a pay by the hour kinda place. Who knows when the last time they changed the sheets or washed them

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
General M, General Manager at Sun Suites of Cumming, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Thank you for your feedback. We take great pride in our property being clean and our team members being very friendly and sincerely regret it when we fall short of this goal. Your comments provide our hotel with valuable information that we can review to improve on in the future. Please know that these issues will be addressed immediately to prevent a recurrence in the future.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

It was a short stay but I would've wanted a quieter room. There was too much activity and noise in the hallway and the room is adjacent to the main laundry room. The dryer and staff conversation was constant. However the room and towels were clean. The kitchenette was a nice addition and so was the living and dining rooms seating.

Room Tip: Room 121 is adjacent to the laundry room, the noise from the dryer and staff conversation was consta...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
New Yorker in UK
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

With the possible exception of the staff, with whom I had minimal interaction, everything about this hotel is dreadful.

To start, I stayed in a smoking room and my eyes nearly teared up when I walked into the room, the smell was SO bad. The bedspread had burns and other stains that I don't even want to consider what they were. I threw the bedspread on the floor and slept on the sheets, which were reasonably clean. There were also stains in the shower.

When I came back to the room after dinner with family, there were groups of men hanging out on the balconies drinking beer... made us feel very uncomfortable.

As if this wasn't bad enough, the kicker for me was seeing roaches in the kitchen. This is an absolutely filthy place! My skin crawled when I was in that room and I couldn't wait to get out of there.

Room Tip: Avoid at all cost
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Cumming, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Hotel staff & front desk manager Andrea & Justin- Stephanie made my visits very comfortable worked with my schedule with multiple stays always bringing a smiling when I arrived.
As a business owner & consistent traveler their professionalism is greatly appreciated.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

When on a road trip I usually like to keep it cheap and cheerful, but clean and comfortable too! Normally we stay in Comfort Inns & Suites or Country Inns & Suites - swimming pool, nice rooms etc, but this time my husband chose not to book one of those. Instead he booked this dreadful place. We arrived and Trevor behind the desk was friendly enough and got us sorted in fairly quick order. We had two rooms, each with two Queen beds in. The first room was supposed to be non-smoking but absolutely reeked of smoke, so nice Trevor switched us. The 2nd room was marginally better, although the bed spreads had burn holes in, as did the 3rd room's bed spreads. Along came Trevor again and switched out the covers - these were marginally better but still showed signs of damage. However, the actual sheets on the bed looked fairly crisp, clean and smelled clean. Each room has a kitchenette with a 2 ring burner and under the counter fridge, basic but functional as well as a small bathroom with basin, WC and bath/shower. Bit nasty looking with rust spots and dirty baseboards, but the bath/shower was clean and for a crappy hotel there was good water pressure!

Last but not least the air conditioning unit was horribly noisy in both rooms, although ours in particular was dreadful. Up came Trevor again and SWITCHED OUT THE ENTIRE UNIT!!! Hooray for Trevor is all I can say.

Basically a drab, smelly, damaged, noisy, horribly hotel that if I'm ever passing that way again will be certain not to use.

Sorry Trevor, you were the only thing of merit in the place!

Room Tip: Just don't choose this hotel. Pay a little more, get a nicer place. Horrible.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Conyers, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Our 4 employees that stayed at Sun Suites of Cumming for 2 months were very pleased with the outstanding service they received during their stay.

The staff at Sun Suites stayed on top of everything for us. Andrea Gee at Sun Suites gave the home office excellent service keeping us up-to-date on everything.

Room Tip: Our guys did not swim during their stay.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
General M, Manager at Sun Suites of Cumming, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us, I am delighted to hear that your employees were well taken care of. We value your business and look forward to serving you again. If there is anything we can do to assist you in your lodging needs, please feel free to contact us.

Todd

Been to Sun Suites of Cumming? Share your experiences!