“Food was good, staff was horrible.” 3 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #13 of 110 Restaurants in Covington
Covington, Georgia
“Food was good, staff was horrible.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

I finally visited this place because I had a co-worker who was absolutely fanatical about it. But no matter who great the food tastes, the staff makes all the difference. Everybody in this place has that "I'm related to the owner, therefore, I cannot be fired" attitude. They have a very large and confusing menu. I settled on a Philly Cheese Steak combo, which was on par with other fast food eateries. It tasted nearly the same as the ones I'm used to ordering from American Deli.

But, back to the staff, the whole time I was there the staff was playing around and talking loudly amongst themselves. There were at least 4 people behind the counter cutting up and laughing and the restaurant itself was in dire need of a clean down. Dirty tables, trash on the floor, the list goes on.

As much as I really do like to support my local businesses, I don't believe I'll be returning to this restaurant. Service is everything in this industry. Food is only part of the game.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Atlanta, Georgia
“Best cheesesteak ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Little phillies has the best cheesesteak I have ever had, and I have had a lot of cheesesteak. As previously stated, the place is essentially a hole in the wall, but I drive an hour just to get this cheesesteak. The portions are huge and the sandwich is nice and messy. I hate a dry cheesesteak. You really have to try it yourself but I have yet to find a better cheesesteak in Georgia.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
rutledge
“Must Eat Here.....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Great food the pest Philly Steak sandwiches south of Philly. Dont expect any frills and the prices are a little high, but you get what you pay for. Large portion and good.

Visited November 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“Unique Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

Where the locals go for good food. Not being from the area, this was a uniquely good experience. Good food and reasonable prices.

Visited August 2012
stillkc
“Roadhouse feel and an east coast meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012 via mobile

Yes you can get a good philly cheese steak outside philly and even in the deep south.

However the one thing I would recommended over everything else is try the buffalo fries. They come from mild to hot and topped with parmasan cheese. Add in a side dip of blue cheese dressing and wow.

Not a lot of room and I am told at lunch you might have to stand in line outside to order. It's worth it. The inside has a roadhouse feel right down to a pool table in the middle of everything. The service is great but expect to do a few things yourself.

I'll be back to try those buffalo fries again.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere