“Nice Hotel with good location to I-20” 4 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #6 of 8 hotels in Covington
GreenLeadersSilver level
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Nice Hotel with good location to I-20”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2010

We had a nice stay at this location. The rooms were nice and clean. All updated beds and desks. The interior of the hotel was all open on the inside with a atrium feel. Different from other Holiday Inns we've have stayed at before. Staff was nice and friendly, gave a great recommendation for dinner at Mama Maria's located one block from the hotel. Location was secure and near local shops, dining and gas locations. Would recommend staying here to anyone in the area.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business

53 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Brighton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2010

This was a very nice hotel - unique in design for any Holiday Express I had stayed at before. It was similar to a "mini" Embassy Suites We called fairly late in the day on Sunday and spoke with Lenna at the front desk. She did everything she could to accomodate all of my quirky requests. Thank you Lenna!!! We stayed on the fourth floor - far end away from the road and it was very comfortable. I opted for the two room Suite which was affordable at $92 with AAA.
The only thing that was a bit under par was the breakfast - but in fairness; we had arrived so late that we slept in so we did not go down for breakfast until almost 9 o'clock and the breakfast items were fairly dried out. Not the end of the world - just could have been better. Over all, this was a very good value.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Lake Charles,LA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2010

I traveled with my hubby,mom and dad, Sister and Brother We stayed in a double bed suite that had a sofa sleeper, It was awesome that it could accommodate this many people Comfortably and still had room left over My parents and siblings slept in the bedroom and me and my hubby slept in the living room on the sofa sleeper which was very comfortable we had privacy the way the suite was set up, great flat screen tvs in living room and bedroom ,we attended a wedding so All Family was at the hotel we were allowed to have the Lobby to ourselves to chat and mingle it was very quiet , We held the bachelorette party, and Bachelor party there and had privacy to the extreme we were never bothered at all! I loved the trendy over all look of the hotel, the gym was awesome and the indoor POOL!!!!! was great!!!!! I enjoyed myself!

• Stayed August 2009
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2009

New, Clean, Nice people, Great recommendation to Mama Maria's Italian Restaurant
which was delicious.What not to like?

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Hudson Valley
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2009

I wasn't sure what to expect with the varying reviews, but I was very pleasantly suprised. The hotel is off the Highway, Rte 278 and easy on/off of I20. The place is immaculate inside & out, with very comfortable beds, bedding. My room was a King, had a flatscreen HD TV. Could've used a tilting/turn miunt, but what the heck.

The breakfast was the normal scrambled egg, sausae patties/bacon, along with a selection of cereals & fruit. I wish they had oatmeal other than the packages of instant. Some HIEs have a 'cooker' of real oatmeal. Through the week I was there, they never had those cheese omlettes that I think is the best part of the HIE hot breakfast, but seemingly has become less & less of the fare as the year has gone on, I suppose in a cost cutting attempt.

My only complaint was the the in romm AC was noisy, and I couldn't hear the TV when it came on, and the TV was too loud after it cylced off. The AC in controlled by a wall mounted thermostat.

The front desk staff was always very friendly & helpful, from late checkin to check out.

The wireless internet was wasy & very fast.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Warner Robins, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2009

We stayed at this hotel for one night on the way back home from an event. The hotel is almost new. The inside is awesome. The dining room is first class. Unfortunately, we did not enjoy the breakfast buffet in the morning. We were so tired from traveling and slept in. We had a king-size bed and the room was HUGE. The bathroom was very large with a nice mirrored closet near the entrance to the room. The staff was extremely helpful and efficient. When we left, the desk clerk assisted us in finding a place close by to eat breakfast. If I am ever traveling through Covington again and need a room, I will definitely stay again.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Covington? Share your experiences!