“Great Service, Clean Room” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Cordele
Monroe, Michigan, United States
“Great Service, Clean Room”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Well this was just one of our Best Western stops while traveling. But after the first night that we stayed at another Best Western on our trip we knew we then had to stop only at them on our trip down and back from florida. The room was very clean and everyone that worked there was very nice to talk to and helpful. The breakfast was great, lots to choose to eat and the food area was kept very clean. Thanks for having a great place to rest before another day of travel .

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

I was originally attracted by their $59 a night managers special now I will drive an extra hour to stay here anytime I am doing business in this part of Georgia. While the property is a little older, it is very well maintained and the rooms are much larger than newer properties. The beds are very comfortable and the bathrooms well appointed. The free breakfast has a variety of hot dishes which are well presented, prepared and fresh. The staff of this hotel are the most welcoming and friendly I have experienced.

For business travelers the wifi and lobby computer are fast. The business center even has a laser printer and full Microsoft Office software.

Room Tip: check for the online $59 a night managers special.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

OK it wasn't bad. One thing I liked was the mattress. FIRM! so no complaints about that. AC? Cold which is also good. But the bathroom left a lot to be desired. They need to remodel or how about installing a exhaust fan! I hate when there is no exhaust fan. The toilet was designed for very small people, like hobbits. Once you sat you need someone to help you up. The TV was nice but with all those channels there is really nothing on anyway. So I am sure there are better places but if your on a budget, I paid $70 with a AAA discount I guess I would recommend this with the discount. Also they do provide a complimentary breakfast which really is a big plus too.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

I stopped here on my way driving from Chicago to Ft. Myers Beach. Rooms are comfortable. Very reasonable prices. Killer free breakfast!! I just stayed the night and continued on. The hotel has a pool (didn't go). A good Mexican restaurant is nearby. Planning on staying here on my next trip down.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Cincinnati, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

The only thing good about this facility is that they had a very good continental breakfast - more choices than most (pancakes, OJ, scrambled eggs, sausage links, sausage gravy, biscuits, cereal, & more.)

But the room was not even average good. Not really clean - dirt residue around the beds.

Would not stay at this one again.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Louisville, Kentucky
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

We have stayed at this Best Western for 9 years several times a year and have enjoyed many of our experiences (5 stars). Over the last several stays, the conditions and situations we have experienced will most likely have us searching for a new favorite hotel in the area. To begin, I need to say that the hotel staff are very helpful, nice and accommodating. The rooms have been recently updated and are attractive. The beds area very comfortable with plenty of pillows. However, here are our disappointments.... During our last two stays (end of June 2012 and middle of July 2012), the price of the rooms increased by $10.00 with no additional services and a reduction in the variety of food offered during the breakfast. We truly missed the hard boiled eggs and cubed cheeses. One staff, when questioned, stated that the manager was trying to cut corners and save money. The hard boiled eggs were replaced with an egg patty that was not comparable in quality at all. Our room during our last stay was very disappointing. The floor to ceiling window next to our door had previously been shattered and replaced with a plywood makeshift wall. Shards of glass were still in the carpet near this area which we had to remove to keep our pet from stepping on them. The dresser was dust covered, as well as the TV screen. (We could write our names on the screen). The vent to the air conditioning unit was dusty as well. We tried to wipe it off and found it was sort of stuck on somehow. The coffee pot was non functioning - but not worth reporting since there is coffee available in the lobby. The towel bar/rack in the bathroom was very flimsy and almost ready to fall off. All of this seemed very unusual for the hotel compared to our previous stays. Hopefully these issues can be addressed by management so future visitors can have a more pleasant stay. What concerns us the most is the amount of "traffic" we observed and heard late into the evening. We often heard the "thud" of a car stereo drive by numerous times, followed by a knocking at the door across the hall from us (6 or 7 times until after midnight). The stereo was loud, the knocking was loud and the noise from inside the room entailed loud laughter, arguing, people coming and going frequently and eventually door slammings and louder arguments. (This situation had all of the signs of someone selling or doing business of the not so legal sort). We called the front desk and they stated there had been complaints about the room - that we weren't the only ones and that they were trying to call but the people weren't answering their phone. The noise finally ended around 1:00 a.m. The next morning the staff reported the people making the noise left the room in the early morning hours. The staff was apologetic and tried all they could to make things better. We were very uncomfortable with the fact that there could have been less than legal activity right across the hall from us. We know that the hotel staff cannot screen and ensure everyone staying in the hotel are family oriented, but our safety throughout the night is important. We need to say that the staff reported they could not leave the office, but we felt there was not adequate security.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Springfield, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

I made a reservation on a spur for somewhere to stay on our way thro Georgia coming back to Ohio from Florida I had stayed at all Best westerns so I wanted to stay at one in Georgia the one we stayed at in Valdosta was booked so I chose this one BIG MISTAKE first all the way down the highway to get there they advertised 59.00 I had make my res on line for 69.00 so when i arrived I asked if we could get the 59.00 price NO if you make a res thro bestwestern.com thats the price you have to pay I didnt like that but worse yet was how Dirty the room was the grounds was nice and the pool but the room where I would be sleeping was in my just plain nasty hair left behind from someone else all over the bathroom and smelled not so good either I had my own lysol and used alot of it I had reviewed for weeks for this trip and had great stays at all the other ones we stayed at but was in a hurry to get one last one for the way home next time I will not be in such a hurry cause it was not very nice but it was only one nite and we were tired so I stayed but will Never stay again and have reviewed it so everyone else knows how nasty it was

Room Tip: I would go on to Valdosta they have a clean hotel
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN Colonial Inn? Share your experiences!