“Average” 3 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
New York, NY
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2011

We've stayed here twice, because of nearby family functions and because all of the choices in the area have problems. This hotel has the advantage of being fairly new, so it got the nod. Most of the staff are excellent. We were upgraded to a suite, because of our elite status. However, it was awkwardly designed. The wall a/c unit only cooled the bedroom, leaving the sitting area much warmer. The one good thing about the a/c was that it was noisy, so it drowned out the trains and trucks. The desk chair was wedged between the desk and the side of the sofa, leaving no room to actually sit at the desk. Are there no design people at Marriott to think these things through ahead of time?

Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2011

Poor experience at this Fairfield. No mention of the train tracks that are located right beside the hotel. Many trains ALL NIGHT. Between 3 & 4 am, I counted 4 trains, 3 of which used theirs horns. Only in the morning did I find a little sign in our room with a picture of a train & offering free earplugs (they forgot to re-stock in the room though).

Extremely poor service at desk upon check-in. Our room had been reserved in advance, with a special request that it not be near the elevator. Upon check in, when the attendant gave me our room cards, I once again asked for confirmation that we were not located near the elevator. She assured me that we were not. Well....the room wasn't the 1st room in front of the elevators, but the 2nd. I returned to ask for a room change (the hotel was not full) and she rudely told me that I would have to line up in queue again and wait. I asked that she simply change our room, and she proceeded to argue with me that our room was not near the elevator. For those of you who want to check it out, we were in room 307. It was clear she was not attempting to remedy the situation, so I walked away.
If management reads this: the attendant served up at 9:30 pm on Thursday, April 14, 2011.
This is the 1st bad experience we've had when staying in the US. No hospitality here.
Rooms were as expected, no problems, except they don't use proper duvet covers for the duvet (it is sandwiched between 2 flat sheets instead), so as soon as you move in bed, the sheets separate and you are in contact with the duvet (which is not washed between occupants).
I would not return to this location, and unfortunately this one clouds our impression of other Fairfields.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Springfield, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2011

This is a wonderful place to stay. The workers were extremely helpful and kind.
The pool is indoor and heated and the hot tub was perfect. They have a workout room.
Towels are available poolside with a restroom available as well.
The beds were soooo comfortable. I will stay at this hotel if I am in the area again. Also, I will make this hotel my stay in all areas because of the treatment received.
The hot breakfast the next morning was the perfect ending to a perfect stay.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2011

My sister's family and I stayed at this hotel on our way to Florida.
The hotel staff were amazing, and one lady kept breakfast on late so our whole family could have a wholesome breakfast before hitting the road again. We even forgot my niece's blanket here and they kept it for us and we picked it up a week later on out way back through..

I highly recommend this hotel to anyone travelling along Interstate 75 through Georgia

Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2010

I really enjoyed the cleanliness and good customer service. I even met people from other countries there and had a decent conversation. I would highly recommend staying at Fairfield Inn and Suites.

• Stayed October 2010
Bradenton, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2010

The other reviewers are right...this property is wedged between I-75 (closer than the maps indicate) and a very active railroad line.

I told the lady at check in that I would prefer the railroad side because I was tired and I didn't need to hear truckers jake braking all night.

So, of course, she put me on the highway side. She worked the desk the night of june 16. He's her clue: LISTEN to your guests.

Property is nice, new and comfortable. TVs were blaring out the bad news of the day while we had their fair breakfast. In short, it was OK, not great.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Newnan, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2010

We loved this place! We took our children and grandchildren to ride Thomas the Train at Cordele and stayed at the Fairfield Inn. The staff went out of their way to make our visit wonderful. When we asked for an extra towel, they brought six. When we requested anything they were Johnny on the spot. Breakfast was great and, again, the staff saw to our every need. I will stay here every time I get an opportunity. Yes, there were trains that went by in the distance during the night, but they were not a bother ... at all.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Cordele? Share your experiences!