“A For Real Southern Dinner!” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Ellaville, Georgia, United States
“A For Real Southern Dinner!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

My parents, me, my uncle and aunt all went to dinner on one of my parents last nights here.There is no real waiting area inside and it took almost 10 minutes to sit us even though there was plenty of tables and really no wait. The decor and atmosphere was incredible! I felt right at home. I love the candles on tables, light sconces, warm fire place running and the decorated hearth. Once we were seated we order drinks and fried pickles and oysters, fried pickles took a bit and they were delicious, battered lightly in corn flour and very warm but we had to ask about the oysters. She forgot to tell us that they would be 10 minutes after the pickles. We finally got our salads, which were fresh mixture of salad greens, shredded carrots and three rings of red onion. I wish there was a little more to the salad, but it was fresh and they had honey mustard dressing. BONUS POINTS!! The oysters finally came and I tried one for the first time. It had a sort of crumble on top and a bit of bacon. I did not care for it myself but my uncle loved them. We all got our food except my aunt and that took a while for her to get her food. I got the fried catfish, cheese grits, hush-puppies, and coleslaw. There was 3 pieces of fish on my plate. WOW!! I only could eat 2; mama got the same thing and she could only eat one. The cheese grits had great consistency and perfect cheesiness; the hush-puppies were the best I have had all my life, they were not heavy and cooked perfectly; the coleslaw tasted almost like mama's except mama's had more color and texture with a lil' grated carrots and purple cabbage. I haven't found anyone that make coleslaw like mama. Everyone loved their meal except my aunt who had shrimp and grits and she didn't care for the tomato sauce. Maybe that should be on the side in case some don't care for it. The over all dinner was grand and we will be back.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Atlanta, Georgia
“Romantic and Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

My wife and I had the most romantic and excellent meal at the Daphne Lodge. I was impressed with the selections and the quality of the food as well as the host/owner who took extra care to make our visit extra special.
The Daphne Lodge is a diamond, gleaming in the rural south and offers food on par with the best in Atlanta or Charlotte and at very reasonable prices. It was and is a great place to eat.

Visited June 2013
metro Atlanta
“2nd time here and just as happy as the 1st”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

We again had the opportunity to dine at Daphne's while in the Cordele area. It was just as good as our visit 1 1/2 yrs ago. Lovely setting, friendly, quick service, and excellent food. I had the catfish this time and it was excellent as were the side dishes that came with it. My hubby had the fried shrimp dinner and it was lightly breaded and cooked to perfection, as was my catfish. We tried the crab soup and really liked it too. Crackers were fine with us so that we didn't fill up on bread before the food arrived. Hush puppies were a little over cooked this time, but we were so full from the other food, we didn't really miss them. Still didn't get to try dessert because we were full.
Note: Don't wear your best dress shoes as the parking lot isn't paved.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Austell, Georgia, United States
“Delicious Cozy Dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We enjoyed a delicious cozy dinner at Daphne's Lodge. The atmosphere is quaint and country cozy. The food was very good and well seasoned. We were with 2 other couples and we all enjoyed every bite of our meal. When we return to Cordele, we will have dinner there again.

Ursula S.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Vienna, Georgia
“Great quality of people that dine at this place .”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Been to this place several times, people always nice and laid back atmosphere not so noisy like a lot of places I've been, foods always cooked to perfection and waiters always ask if every things ok, good old fashion fun.

• Visited May 2013