“NASTY” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Melon

You added Hotel Melon to your Saves list
Hotel Melon
2109 East 16th Avenue, I-75 Exit 101, Cordele, GA 31015 (Formerly Days Inn Cordele)   |
Ranked #14 of 15 Hotels in Cordele
Newnan, Georgia, United States
“NASTY”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2014

The shower backed up ,there were dirty sheets on the bed. When we asked for clean sheets the clerk refused saying she couldn't leave the front desk. When we ask for a refund she agreed to lock the door and walk us to laundry. Once in the laundry she handed us sheets from a folding table. Once back in the room we discovered these sheets hadn't been washed they were full of "hairs" and stains, we had just touched /carried nasty sheets to our room . We were told via phone we could have a refund the NEXT day after we provided a paid receipt from a nearby hotel. This place houses migrant farm workers . The pictures are no telling how old because the hotel LOOKS NOTHING like this and the pool is not usable. We wouldn't even sleep there knowing we had paid and may not get a refund.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2014

I went here in August of 2014 and it was just TERRIBLE!!!! The pool was completely DIRTY and nasty and there were even other rooms there with the windows broken out. Wouldn't recommend to ANYONE!!!!!!

Room Tip: The rooms were ok but you couldn't swim and the other guests was fussing and other guests couldn...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

We checked in at 11:29pm and dropped our bags before heading into dennys (which is conveniently attached to the hotel). After eating (which took forever due to the kitchen being behind) we get to the room and turn down the sheets. The sheets were disgusting. One bed had blood or food smashed into the sheet, but the other had a ROACH smashed into it. Carpet was needing a shampoo nd vacuum. There were bugs inside the room, but we only saw two so we thought we could presumably handle that. We went to the desk and the lady was rude to us. We were told they couldn't give us clean sheets because housekeeping was not in until morning. Even after explaining how filthy the sheets were she refused to help us. How can you run a hotel and NOT offer clean sheets?! There were rooms with beer bottles all over the outside, the pool was BLACK with clumps of algae and there were people loitering about. I was also told we could not receive a refund because we had been there for two hours (even though we were in dennys during those hours). The health department should shut it down.Disgusting. I wouldn't give it any stars if I didn't have to.

• Stayed July 2014
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

The clerk at the front desk was.....discourteous would be kind to say. She was just plain rude. We were very tired so let that pass. She seemed irritated that we had booked at a cheaper rate then she was quoting. No thank you. Come again. Nothing. We asked for a first floor room due to limitations of MS; she put us on the "upper" first floor. " The pool was covered with a thick scum. Grass around pool area knee high. Other areas full of sand and ants. A family of feral cats, mother and five kittens, were in residence. The room was clean. Bed had fresh linens. Air worked. TV worked; limited selection. The room was very worn. Place just run down. Suggest name change from Hotel Melon to Hotel Lemon.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
London, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

First room the tap in the bath tub would not stop dripping. Moved to second room. Free wifi did not work - remote control for the tv did not work - the phone did not work (they finally fixed it).
The free continental breakfast consisted of coffee, cereal and milk. No juice no muffins. This hotel should be called Hotel Lemon

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

The bed was clean and I had a good night's sleep.

I don't mind a noisy air conditioner. My experience has been that a constant noise can help drown out noise from outside. I don't mind a mild moldy smell. With my sinuses, after a few minutes it will go away. I don't knock a hotel for a roach in the bathroom. Bugs are something you really can't completely control. But a spider web on the curtains is a pretty clear sign that somebody is not cleaning on a regular basis.

I don't mind a hotel with a pool that is closed. I wish it was mentioned on their website, but I appreciate that they have it very clearly noticed on their front desk before you check in. The sign has been there long enough that folks have doodled on it, which makes me wonder why it is not mentioned in their web ads, but still not a big deal. Pools are expensive to operate and maintain. But a pool that is so green with algae that it is floating in clumps on the surface and not covered up is not OK.

What I really mind is staff at the front desk who act as if I am intruding when I interrupt them watching their soap opera in the afternoon. (This desk is a regular nest of old magazines and clutter, like the printed notice about the pool being closed.) I do mind being told why my reservation is more difficult to enter because it has to be retyped exactly like it was entered. (If I don't tell you about my job difficulties, I probably don't want to hear about yours.)

The staff person in the morning was friendlier. She said "hello" to me as I went into the office as she sat outside with her boyfriend while he smoked a cigarette. I appreciate that he wasn't smoking inside. The breakfast "buffet" consisted of regular coffee, sugar, and non-dairy creamer, along with some packaged sugary coffee cakes, bananas, toast and jelly. About what I had expected.

You won't have to worry about me intruding again.

Room Tip: If they haven't covered it up, don't get a room facing the pool.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Been to Hotel Melon? Share your experiences!