“Good local BBQ!” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
“Good local BBQ!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

We stopped at smoakies as we were driving to Atlanta on I-75. Great decision. Doesn't look like much from the outside, but the food was excellent and very reasonably priced. My husband got the 1/2 lb BBQ sandwich and it was huge!! 1/4 lb was plenty for me. The sauces are all homemade, and were very good. Save room for dessert! The three of us split the pecan pie and a fried peach tart with ice cream. All the desserts were homemade. The service was excellent too. Directions on their website were a little confusing- if you are on I-75 North, take exit 102 and turn right off the exit and its just down the road. We will definitely go back next time we are on the road!

“OUTSTANDING”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

My family and I just stopped here on our way to Florida. We just needed something simple and quick to eat. We figured it was just average.
Let's start by saying it was wayyyy better than average. I tried chicken, ribs, pork, and onion rings. And it was all amazing. The sauces are also awesome.
The service was some of the best ever! The people were sooo nice! The owner just wanted us to be happy and told us "I'll bring you more food! Won't even charge ya! Just want you to be full when y'all leave." He went around and talked to everyone who came in while we were there.
It's a simple place so don't expect anything fancy. But don't worry it was very clean!!
Overall it was a great stop and an amazing restraunt! Definitely recommend!

Davidson, North Carolina
“Friendly people with excellent food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

This is a family owned and family run restaurant just off I-75. The excellent choices of sauces are homemade. The recipes for all the items have been passed down through the family. I was passing through Cordele and went to the restaurant based on other Tripadvisor reviews. It was the best decision of my trip. It is so good to escape the usual fast food chains and experience real American (and Southern) food, atmosphere and people. If you make it to dessert after the great barbecue try the fried peach pie with ice cream. You will be glad you saved room.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Outstanding barbecue and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Best barbecue we have had. The chicken was tender and my husband had fall off the bone ribs. Lots of Homemade sauces to compliment.Simple little Place that was clean and very friendly. Well worth going a little off the path.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“De-lish!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012 via mobile

Smoakies BBQ is wonderful!!! Ribs and chicken are awesome. Pork has no fatty pieces in it....skins......well....you have to try them...you'll want more. The stew is fabulous! Yummy!