“Beautiful but ruined our trip” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Conyers
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Beautiful but ruined our trip”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

We stayed here for 2 weeks during a horse show. The location was perfect but between the breakfast lady being rude and not making anything, to the staff not knowing where anything was like the pool or the towels!!!! When we checked out it was a mess! The girl was a trainee left by herself and we were told that she would check us out when someone else came in... What??
Ended up that the hotel charged each of us 3 times and we are STILL trying to stop them from charging our cards!!

Room Tip: Stay in lithonia
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Conyers, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Dear Valued Guest, I am truly sorry that your stay was less than excellent. I assure you that our staff has and will continue to be revisited with training on top of the training that is on-going to prevent issues as you outlined. Although some of the employees are new, there remains no excuse for less service.

I am sure your bill has been rectified and completed as the hotel's banking service has acknowledged all settlements from these weeks. Unfortunately, switching and dividing amounts on credit cards at check out can sometimes get complicated; but we sincerely apologize for any delays caused and have issued compensation.

Please let me know direct, if there is anything I can do for you in the future, At your Service.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Conyers, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

It was very good experiance for me to stay in hawthorn for 1month, it is one of the wonderfull property located in conyers..staff is good and friendly specially Rahim was very humble& helpful!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dacula
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I have been staying at the Hawthorn Suites in Conyers for well over 10 years. I travel to Conyers at least 3 times a year, and stay for two weeks each time. The Hawthorn is definately my hotel of choice! The staff is beyond friendly & helpful and, although previous managements have fallen short in some service areas, the current management takes great pains to make consistent, positive improvements. I was there just a few weeks back and each room has now been outfitted with new, flat screen televisions. New beds and other furniture make the stay quite comfortable as well. The restaurant and bar is in full swing and all of the meals I have had there are delicious. I could stay anywhere, but I make the choice to stay at the Hawthorn!

Room Tip: I always enjoy a room with a balcony if one is available!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Conyers, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Dear Valued Guest, thank you so much for your kind words.

We sincerely strive daily to deliver excellent service and seeing that you have been a loyal customer for years encourages that the right changes are being done and propels us to continue striving for excellent service in all aspects.

Thanks for believing in Hawthorn, Conyers.

Management
Tuskegee, Alabama, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

ive had an awesome stay at hawthorn suites..the employees have all been very helpful. One in particular is management Rahim giving me the best service and answers to all questions...i thank him and evryone else....i would defiantly recommend this as a safe and relaxing invironment for friends and family..keep up the great work...

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Georgia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

My house was ruin by a thunderstorm and my insurance agent booked my stay online. They were booked the first night so I stayed at the LaQunita which does not offer a full kitchen, but a small fridge and microwave. The next 5 days, I was supposed to stay at the Hawthorn Suites to better accomodate my cooking needs. They said that they don't really validate online booking and that the insurance agent should've called to make sure of the availability. I tried to get early check-in to place my groceries from my house in a refrigerator, but they said that was not an option. Keep in mind, it was about 100+degrees in July and there was no way they would've survived in the heat in my car. I even asked if I could place them in a room that had been checked out or a staff fridge, but they refused. The manager, Dion, was rude and fake and spoke under her breath. I sat in the lobby crying for hours with a trash bag of groceries in the tile floor to keep them cool until they would check me in at 3:01. As I waited, other customer complaints were made to the front desk worker. One of the guests dishwasher did not work, so he handed her a sponge and soap. Another guest complained of the outside patio being dirty and he handed her a broom. Another guest complained of a dirty bathroom and they informed housekeeping. And another guest complained about her room not being ready in time and that the previous worker offered her a free night, but the current worker would not validate that request. Once in the room, it did not even have the full kitchen as requested by my agent, but yet had the same accommodations that were offered from LaQunita except it was a full size fridge instead of a knee high one. When I complained to the front desk worker about the poor customer service, Dion interrupted by stepping out of her office and yelled at him to come in there. The workers seem miserable to work for her and almost walk on egg shells around the entire building. As it turns out, my 5 night stay turned into a one night stay. Not only did they say I did not have a room because they were booked, but I also called my agent to place me back at the LaQuinta Inn and Suites where I stayed the previous night.

I would avoid this hotel until management changes. The LaQuinta is located right down the road and has had wonderful service. I will be continuing my stay until I am able to find suitable longterm living arrangement as my house undergoes renovations from the storm. By the way, both do allow pets, which, in this situation was a must!

Room Tip: Make sure you call to check availability of the room and that the room you book really does have ALL...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
, Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Conyers, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

I deeply apologize that your experience was less than great and accommodating. And because of it I would love to offer you a complimentary stay and cash gift card - please call the hotel direct to process. It was brought to our attention that your reservation however, was not in our system at the time of check in and we were sold out the night prior as you mentioned above; so regrettably we consequently could not honor your request at that desired time as rooms were not available. We reverence all of our guest and know that you have a choice in staying at any hotel, so we don't take you choosing us lightly. I did personally speak with your agency the same day at the time of the situation and explained in detail what happened and they apologized and was understanding as well.

Once again, I deeply apologize and wish I could take the experience away. Best regards,
Management.
Newport News, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

Hotel staff was very friendly and helpful,after viewing rooms and distance from downtown ,Atlanta decided to look for another closer location. Rooms were out dated,and missing televison in bedroom area. Located in remote, off the driven path.

Room Tip: Visit rooms once renovations are completed.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
truthmakesyoufree, Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Conyers, responded to this review, June 14, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feed back as we value you as our customer. We are currently involved in mutiple property projects over the next few months that is and will enhance our hotel further in guest rooms as well as public space. I trust and hope that you will give us another opportunity to "wow" your stay with our latest new and improved changes.

Thank you again, kindly for allowing us to be your hotel of choice during your recent stay and call us direct when you renturn at 770-761-9155.

Dionne Ford & Mac Ammanamanchi - Management
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

I stayed at this hotel with a wedding group and although the property was not very modern or at times clean (I.e the elevator, water stains, mildew smells in random places) we enjoyed ourselves for one reason alone. The staff. From the front desk agents, to the morning cooks, to the best bartender ever to mix a quality martini, we were almost sad to go. The food at the bar and bistro was surprisingly very tasty and Rita delivered the best service i ever experienced while keeping all entertained with such grace and pizazz. When you come across such talent, one must sing praises! Thank you all for making our stay eventful.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Mac A, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Conyers, responded to this review, May 29, 2012
While being glad that you stayed with us, we also thank you for taking some precious time of yours to say a few good words about us.

We just acquired this property a few months ago and are constantly making improvements to every inch of the hotel.

We are so delighted to know that our team members provided a great service during your stay and they will be happy to know your feedback.

We would greatly appreciate if you can let your friends and family know about us and would definitely like to host you and them next time you are in this area.

Please call me if you need any additional assistance to make your next stay a more memorable one.

Mac Ammanamanchi

Been to Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Conyers? Share your experiences!