“Incredible Birthday Dinner” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: French, Continental, Eclectic, Brasserie
CONYERS
“Incredible Birthday Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

I planned a special dinner for my husband's birthday. I called and spoke to Alain and told him I wanted something extra special. He said he would be more than happy to plan us a menu. I left it in his very capable hands! That night when we arrived, a special table had been set for us by the fire which was glowing romantically. The dinner was beyond anything I could ever have imagined. It started with homemade clam chowder. The entree was so much better than I will be able to express here - we had roasted duck, mushroom rosoto and asparagus. The sauce that Alain made with the duck was done tableside and he used a special press to extract all the juice from the duck for the sauce. The next course was a salad followed by bree cheese with raspberries. If that wasn't enough then we had dessert. To say we left full would be an understatment.

I can tell you that we have not stopped talking about how mind blowing the entire experience was for us! This was the best birthday dinner my husband has ever had and I am so happy that I decided to arrange this.

While we have NEVER been dissapointed with the service or food when going to Seven Gables this was so above any beyond my wildest dreams.

Thank you so much Alain for making this a birthday that we will never forget!

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Alan B, Owner at Seven Gables Restaurant & Catering, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
You are truly amazing guests and truly a joy to serve. We hope we can always live up to your expectations.We are working on our 26th year of great dinners here at SEVEN GABLES and it is our guests who keeps us motivated and fired up and we continue to strive for best possible results.

Folsom, California
“A touch of Europe with southern charm”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

I have eaten here twice on my visits to Conyers.to me! it is one of the few restaurants that serves real food that is not fried, prepared or part of a fast food chain! The atmosphere is quite "homey" and inviting as soon as you walk in the door! The wait staff, David! or the Owner make you feel most welcome, and help you with food and beverage selections if undecided. They keep an eye out for you but do not hover over you. The food selection is adequate as well as delicious. I happen to be there during the week, so it was not crowded and I felt I had extra attention, making me feel special!

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you, thank you for your kind words.We love to cook ,we love to serve our guests and most of all we love to hear great comments. Great comments has been the fuel that drives us.
Lawrenceville, Georgia
“Great food and calm setting!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

I always enjoy going to Seven Gables! I have been going for years. My family and I enjoy the the atmosphere because we are usually running round throughout the day and this restaurant allows us to sit, relax, and talk about our day. The food is excellent! I am sure my family and I have tried basically everything on the list and it is all good! If you are looking for a quiet romantic field, this is definitely the best place for it!

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“A piece of atlanta in Conyers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

I consider myself a foodie and have eaten in many different restaurants all over Georgia. I found this restaurant through a friend who had eaten there and decided to try it. The service was very nice and I did not feel any negativity due to my skin color. The atmosphere is what you would expect in a fine dining resturaunt with soft lights and music in the background. I had the french onion soup and ceasar salad to start with. The soup was amazing and the salad was far better than most I have eaten. I choose the pheasant for my entree and I have never tasted anything like it. It was cooked in a pastry with a balsamic glaze drizzled over it and the meat literally melted in my mouth! Absolutely amazing and the flavor was delicious. After all this I was tempted with desert and chose the strawberries with a vanilla glaze. Such a simple desert but the berries were just right and fresh and the sweet glaze paired well with the tartness of the berries. I will definitely be returning for another meal! Truly a wonderful experience!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Alan B, Owner at Seven Gables Restaurant & Catering, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Thank you so much for coming to Dinner and for taking the time to express your opinion about our place.After 24 years serving our community and beyond we are still passionate about our vocation.We love making our guests happy.If I can be of service to you or need to make a special dinner request like many of our regular guests do please just call me in advance.
Your humble host,
Chef Alain
Covington, Georgia
“Nice staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

My husband and I went to Seven Gables looking for something diffrent in our community. We were the only couple for a while later joined by one more couple. I will say I was not impressed with the food and didnt eat my order at all. (chicken parm) but I will say that our server (I think it was the owner) was super nice and took it off our meal ticket without me needing to complain. He was super attentive and nice to us. I hope that it was just an off night and the food will be better the next time...

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Alan B, General Manager at Seven Gables Restaurant & Catering, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Thank you for coming to our restaurant and your feedback. I remember the intern from the culinary school we had in the kitchen during that period, . He was working along with the chef who sometimes lets him handle an order or two. We still train interns but we carefully watch every step they make to insure high standards of preparation.Again Thank you and hope to see you soon.