“Not returning, bad service” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 154 Restaurants in Conyers
Cuisines: French, Continental, Eclectic, Brasserie
Covington, Georgia
“Not returning, bad service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I went there because I had been there once before in the late 90's or early 2000 and thought the food was pretty good. I decided to go again because I had a daily deal coupon but unfortunately this time the staff was rude and turned me and my husband away during business hours without explanation. There were other patrons in the restaurant eating and it was not full. The attitude of the staff gave me the feeling my skin was the wrong color for me to eat there. Interesting because the first time I went there over a decade ago I was with a group of ladies and was the only one with my skin tone.

Visited April 2012

Atlanta
“Not a place to have a quiet dinner”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

My wife and I met my parents on a Saturday night for what we thought would be a nice quiet dinner. When we arrived, there was a large party on one side of the restaurant. The waiter was very attentive and we received our drinks promptly. After that, the party apparently finished THEIR dinner and became very loud and boisterous. After I complained, the waiter apologized, but did not offer to ask the party to be considerate of the other guests. My wife and I left before ordering our food, so cannot comment on the quality of the food.
If I go to Applebees or Hooters, I expect loud noisy patrons, but not at a restaurant with these prices. I will not return to Seven Gables as they are not considerate of ALL their guests.

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Alan B, General Manager at Seven Gables Restaurant & Catering, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Your parents have been guests at our restaurant for many many years ,thank you.We sometimes host large birthday dinners in our banquet room.This particular night the party started early and was supposed to end around 5 pm,the time we open ,only they were having such a good time they stayed a little longer..and were noisier than usual. I apologized to you and went to the party host and requested they quiet it down,but you left anyway. We served your folks like usual.
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great place to eat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

Great atmosphere, we went for a anniversary and had a great time,food was very well prepared and the drinks and desserts are exceptional
We will be back

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Conyers
“Our go to place now”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

We found Seven Gables Restaurant through a friends recommendation. We never knew that this place even existed and after dining there, my wife and I think that this is our new go to place in town! It is truly a hidden gem in the midst of Conyers. Although we did not make any reservations before hand, when we arrived we were seated promptly by the friendly waitress and were sat next to the window. There were a few more tables and I figured that this place must get busier later on at around 8 pm or so. Anyways, for our appetizer we ordered the escargots which were absolutely delicious and had a very distinct unique flavor. Then again, maybe its because I don't have them in a while but I'm pretty sure they tasted amazing either way. My wife went with a salad. For our entrees we had the salmon filet which was served to us with vegetables and potatoes on the side and the sauce which had a strong lemon flavor to it really perfected the filet. And we also had the chicken wellington which was also pretty good, but we didn't even have enough room to finish! We were offered some choices for dessert that sounded pretty good but decided we'd come back for dessert next time. Before leaving, we were greeted and thanked by the owner, Alain, for dining in. He seemed like a very nice chef and warm person, and we will be back for sure! Thank You for the great dinner!

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Alan B, Owner at Seven Gables Restaurant & Catering, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time and writing about our restaurant.Even after 24 years here We still love what we do and do our best to show it to our guests.Anthony,guests like yourself are the reason we continue to have this passion for cooking and serving great dinners.Please give us the pleasure of introducing yourself the next time you are in,i would like to personally meet you and welcome you.
Chef Alain
Conyers, Georgia
“Very good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

The restaurant serves very good food - cooked to order - not microwaved! The atmosphere is romantic but also kind of lonely since we have been there when there were only 2 or 3 other couples seated at tables. The service is great!! We used a groupon the last time we ate there and the owner/waiter seemed a bit hostile that we used a coupon. Interesting place with good food!!

• Visited March 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Alan B, Manager at Seven Gables Restaurant & Catering, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Thank you for returning to our humble establishment.I am happy to know you had a great meal.I will make it a point to stop by your table the next time you are in.We have been open for service for 24 years and Summer months in this market have always been slow.I look forward to meeting you.
Alain