“Human Feces stain and smell on mattress” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Conyers
Conyers, Georgia
“Human Feces stain and smell on mattress”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I discovered sheets that smelled of human feces and had the hotel change the sheets only to smell fresh for a short period of time. After sleeping in the king bed with new sheets the next morning the sheets smelled again of human feces as did my PJ's.I pulled back the sheet and mattress pad to discover a huge yellowish stain that immediately smelled of human feces. I was beyond disgusted and reported to the front desk to have the manager come immediately.Only to be told he was not available and I could be moved to a new room. Don't stay in room 409 for sure!After days of management avoiding me, he finally called to assure me he had bleached out the mattress!!! I was appalled! Seriously? UNACCEPTABLE

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
CountryInnConyers, Manager at Country Inn & Suites Conyers, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We will discuss the conditions of your room with our staff to ensure all guest rooms are up to Country Inns and Suites by Carlson standards. To discuss your stay further, please contact the hotel directly, and ask for Jay Bhavan, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Chesterfield, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights for a family reunion. Our family host selected this hotel otherwise we would have never booked here. The party that we arrived with rented 7 rooms. My aunt's room appeared to be unclean and smelled horrible as soon as she walked in. My uncle found an old tennis ball (chew toy) behind the curtain and random paper on the floor which was an indication that the floor wasn't vacuumed properly. Housekeeping did come up immediately and cleaned the bathroom & the floor. While visiting my aunt's room, my cousin & I noticed little bug bites on random places of our body. When we mentioned the bites and asked about fleas (they allow pets to stay in the hotel) the man stated, "Oh no, no we don't have fleas. But we will clean your room again if you want." My room seemed okay but the bathroom wasn't as clean as it should be(hair in shower and on curtain, bathroom floor not swept properly). The parking is

Room Tip: Room 517 is in the back corner of the hotel (the east side if you will) where we felt and heart the...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
CountryInnConyers, Manager at Country Inn & Suites Conyers, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Fayetteville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

We stayed here on our way out to South Carolina. I have to say, my family and I really enjoyed this hotel. The staff was very kind and wonderful. Our room was clean, and the beds were really comfortable. The location was also great, close to I-20, and close to a ton of restaurants including Cracker Barrel and Outback. This hotel sits right next to a CSX railroad track. Our room was right near the track. We only saw 1 train during our stay, but it didn't bother us at night, even with us sleeping with sleep machines. So overall, we enjoyed our time here, and I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. I would also highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
CountryInnConyers, Manager at Country Inn & Suites Conyers, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed our breakfast and our services. Our six story building is constructed using concrete blocks and all our exterior windows are sound proof -55 DBA ratings same as block wall. Heating and cooling units are in closet with a special air make up system to prevent any noise from outside. We look forward to your next stay.
Indianapolis, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

The hotel seemed to be built on a very small lot. Very limited and tight parking with no outside grounds (trees or flowers). I had my ear plugs in so i didn't hear the train going by at night time. Even the one bedroom suite seemed small but clean. The bed was not anything to complain about. The hotel staff on my check in was very friendly and helpful and the manager said that he would guarantee that i slept well or my money back. Well the hotel kept my money, not a bad place to stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
CountryInnConyers, Manager at Country Inn & Suites Conyers, responded to this review, June 1, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. All our staff has been trained to serve and do best for our guest experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed as my guest " Uniquefew". We look forward to your next stay.
Milwaukee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

We reserved a studio suite but were pleasantly surprised to find a very nice large room with a sleeper sofa and lots of room to move around. The lighting was better than usual and a nice big window gave us lots of natural light too. The entire facility was very clean, the laundry was spotless and functioned perfectly. The patio off the indoor pool area was a treat too!
Sunday breakfast was pretty meager but that was undoubtedly due to large soccer teams beating us to the breakfast room, The very friendly staff member did try to keep up with demand but that was a tough task! We were there again Monday morning and enjoyed a plentiful selection of breakfast choices.
We were surprised that we never saw anyone at the front desk. There was a bell to ring for service and the one time we used it, the response was quick but it's even nicer when there is a friendly face to greet you when coming and going. Maybe it was just a temporary staffing shortage.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
CountryInnConyers, Manager at Country Inn & Suites Conyers, responded to this review, May 19, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful remarks, which I have shared with our staff. We are thrilled
to hear that you enjoyed your stay in our largest suite in the hotel, and look forward to welcoming you back soon.”
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Was charged for something missing from the hotel room, which was NOT the case. I was not notified, and the manager couldn't explain/prove a missing item and refused to remove the charge. Poor customer service on top of that. DO NOT STAY!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Carlson Hotels C, Online, Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites Conyers, responded to this review, May 17, 2013

If you would like to discuss your stay further, please contact Corporate Customer Care.
Evergreen, AL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

My wife and I were passing through and having stayed at a Country Inn in Florida, I decided to book here. Not disappointed. Kim at the front desk was very friendly and helpful. Bedding was comfortable and I like having thermostat controlled air conditioning. All rooms indoors with elevator and clean rooms. Right near I-20, so be prepared to turn left at first intersection north of the exit.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
CountryInnConyers, Manager at Country Inn & Suites Conyers, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
“Thank you for your wonderful remarks. We are located on I-20 Exit #82 North of exit . We always shared our guest feed back to empower our employ's and make daily improvements as they feel appropriates with the seasons. We take pride in our service. We believe each of our guest deserve great experience at our hotel. We look forward to see you on your next visit.

Been to Country Inn & Suites Conyers? Share your experiences!