“An average Hampton Inn” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Commerce
Aliso Viejo, California, United States
“An average Hampton Inn”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

This hotel was the typical Hampton. It was off the freeway and convenient for where I was going. Nothing spectacular about the hotel. The breakfast was the usual fare. Room seemed quiet enough and everything seemed to work properly. Nice that it was next to a Longhorn Steakhouse

Room Tip: Ask for one on oppose side of freeway
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Did Not Meet the Hampton Quality I know and Love. Dirty Linens, Noisy Room (toliet and HVAC), and bed was just o.k. The toliet ran all night- I had to get up and shut the bathroom door to block some of the noise. Then there was hallway noise because we were beside an exit door so I was awakened at 5 o'clock on a morning that I could have slept in- and could not go back to sleep because of the noise coming from the heating unit in the room and the other traffic in the hall and the toilet- and by that time the other rooms showers running through the pipes. I will definetly choose another brand hotel when in this area. The only real plus was the great LongHorn's located in front of the hotel parking lot- that was in walking distance- but the barricade hindered the walk a bit.

Room Tip: We were given a room near an exit door- and hallway traffic could be heard early that morning. But i...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
harry p, Manager at Hampton Inn Commerce, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments on your recent stay

As part of the Hampton 100% guarantee, if you are not satisfied with our service you do not have to pay. We would have gladly moved you to another room to ensure a better night's sleep with us

We honor this commitment as part of the Hampton Brand and will do so in this case too!

WEST MONORE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Me and so friends were traveling from the super bowl and i rented a room at the hampton inn and the rooms were some what clean, hallways needs to be more cleaner and the service front the young lady Alisha was so sweet and helpful and she did a great job and accommodated all of our needs and questions .

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for sharing your review of our hotel when you stayed with us over Superbowl weekend

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and that we proivided a greal lodging experience

We renovated in 2012 with all new bedding, flat screen TV;s , renoavted lobby along with the Hampton Signature free hot breakfast

Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I should have known at check in - I travel very frequently for business and stay at Hampton often. The hotel staff was unkept, my check in was scattered. The room was the dirtiest I have ever been in in my career. A dirty film on everything, a sour smell, mold crusted faucet in the shower, stained towels, slimy remote - you name it. Woke up with red bumps on my arms and legs - gross!
The parking is on the side of the building next to an overgrown field. I just ran to the key entry door and hoped for the best at night.
There was a constant banging in the hall all night and when reported, hotel staff didnt seem to care.
Too bad - love this brand and have had fairly consistent results over time. But this hotel will make me think again about staying at Hampton.

Room Tip: Stay at fairfield or holiday inn express - seems like much better options in this area.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your review of our hotel

I must apologize for the poor service that you encountered back in January,

We live up to the Hampton 100% guarantee and will ensure that our guests are not charged for a poor experience,

I have investigated the room in question to see where we might have come up short so that we can ensure we will live up to our service along with hampton's standards
staten Island, New York, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

The property looks like its poorly taken care of. You can tell its an old place & could use better up keeping. The sinks didn't drain well, & after a while began to have a back up smell. the toilet ran for hours during the night & the t.v. didn't get half the channels I would suggest they switch carriers. The elevator shook & seemed like it was gonna trap me, so I took the stairs most of the night. The beds were amazing on another hand. & the room looked GREAT very clean just poor maintance. I was checked in by a girl named Rebecca she was so pleasant! sweet short haired blond with an amazing personality. I was traveling alone & had been in my car for hours & was pleased that she didn't mind at all me staying in the lobby with her & talking about everything under the sun. Most people would have gotten annouyed, but Rebecca was beyound welcoming! Breakfast the next morning was ok, I have had better, but it was nice. I talked with a girl named Christina, personally she came off as fake. but was also sweet as can be. The lady at the front desk spoke to me, but didn't remove her eyes from the computer screen. I will visit this hotel again, everytime I pass through this area! I just hope that Rebecca is working when I check in or atleast some point during my stay!

Room Tip: a room away from the elevators close to the stairs so you don't have to walk far to go down the...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for sharing your review of our hotel, We were built over 15 years ago but we have maintained the Hampton brand standards

We completed the brand new bedding, flat screen TV;s and renovated lobby along with the new Hampton Signature breakfast in 2012

We are glad to see that our staff met with your approval and that they made your stay enjoyable

Mobile, Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Check-in and check-out process was the longest I have experienced at any hotel. Staff seemed like first timers straight out of high school. They did not dress like employees of any other Hampton I have stayed. This Hampton did not meet my expectations of the Hampton brand.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Americus, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

We spent two nights at the Commerce, GA Hampton Inn while in town for the wedding festivities of some friends. We were quite pleased with the set up - comfortable room, VERY comfortable bed, convenient parking (right outside the side door). Our room was also right next to the elevator, which was helpful for those of us who have some trouble getting around. The breakfast was tasty and quite adequate. The desk, dining room, and custodial staff were all quite friendly and helpful.
The only "con" I have - which, of course, is not something Hampton Inn can easily do anything about - is that it can be time-consumingly difficult to make a left turn onto very busy US 441. I wish there was a connecting road that could take us to a street that has a traffic light.
Nevertheless, it's very likely that we would stay at the Hampton again if we are in Commerce.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
harry p, Manager at Hampton Inn Commerce, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you for sharing your recent review of our hotel on Tripadvisor, We appreciate your feedback and we will do our best to ensure that we have the best value for money in the area along with the Hampton Inn Guarantee

We have completed an extensive renovation in 2012 with a brand new lobby, upgraded free hot breakfast and flat screen TV's

We hope to welcome you back in the near future

Thnak you

Been to Hampton Inn Commerce? Share your experiences!