“Good value for the area” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Howard Johnson Commerce

Save Saved
You added Howard Johnson Commerce to your Saves list
Howard Johnson Commerce
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   148 Eisenhower Dr., I-85 & US 441 Exit 149, Commerce, GA 30529   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Stay 3+ Nights, Save 20%
Ranked #8 of 15 hotels in Commerce
Kingsport
“Good value for the area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

The hotel is located in a great spot relative to the shopping and restaurants. Good selection of TV stations. Personnel allowed me to check in early due to college football games being on. This was a big plus.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

jupiter2012, Owner at Howard Johnson Commerce, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Thank you for your kind words. We would not be in business with our guests. All reviews help us stay on track and work harder to serve our guests.

73 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Saint Petersburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

I feal safe there and allways clean thsnk you for a clean safe place to stay.
Time to up grade pillows! One flat and slight oder.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Thank you for your kind review. We appreciate your feed back and we will address your concern with our staff.
Thomasville, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

This hotel was so dirty! The wallpaper at the top of the walls is pealing off. There were cobwebs in the corners of the ceilings and floors. I picked up the alarm clock to move it and plug it in, and it was sticky all over the bottom. The blanket on the bed looked dirty. The remote did not work for the TV. The lampshades were stained and dirty. The bathroom felt gross and there was hair in the tub. This place really needs to be renovated and cleaned up. There are so many other hotels within walikin distance that are compairable in price and seemed to be much cleaner. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
jupiter2012, Owner at Howard Johnson Commerce, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
We always welcome constructive criticism - it helps us improve our services. Thank you for your kind words and we will definitely address your comments and try and improve our services in the areas of your concerns.
New Orleans, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

I stayed at the Motel 6 (Suwanee) going to Atlanta and the Howard Johnson in Commerce coming back from Atlanta. I paid the exact same price ($47 tax, tag and title) for both places, but they couldn't have been more different had they been called "night" and "day". (You can see my posting on the Motel 6 under that name.) The HJ was very clean; had a semi-seperate sitting area with a sofa, desk and chair, and the bathroom was a pleasure all the way from the soaps and shampoos to the towels (plenty!) to the high-waisted vanity bar and room safe. There was also a nice sized refrigerator and microwave. The only thing I didn't like was that it was hard to find a convenient empty outlet close to the bed to recharge my phone and laptop. The management was very cordial and nice, even though I arrived well after midnight and had to leave before 6 am. All this was in GREAT contrast to my experience a couple of days before at the Motel 6 Suwanee! (q.v.)

Room Tip: I think that you can find this hotel has discount coupons in the free magazines at GA Hospitality Ce...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
jupiter2012, Owner at Howard Johnson Commerce, responded to this review, February 1, 2012
Thank you for your kind review and also for remembering to post a review. Our savvy travelers know it’s best to hear both sides of the story to get the most complete picture. We will continue to work hard and give great service to our guests.
Lexington, SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2011

We stay here when we race at Petite. Great clean room.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Elizabeth, NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2011

We had to stay over night on our drive back home becasue Hurricane Irene pushed us out to GA. But I was not crazy about this property. I am a member of Wyndham Rewards and I like to stay at their properties and this was one I was not crazy about. But for a night sleep it did the job I guess. The exit had a lot of food so that was why we picked it and it was right off the highway. But the front desk staff Danyell was the nicest staff person I have meet in any hotel recently. Went above and beyond to help my family.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
jupiter2012, Owner at Howard Johnson Commerce, responded to this review, September 9, 2011
Rome
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

The manager did an outstanding job of keeping up with our group and making sure we had everything we needed. He definitely went above and beyond. I'll be back next year.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Howard Johnson Commerce? Share your experiences!