“the dirtiest little hotel i have ever stayed in” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Bulldog Inn

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Commerce
Bulldog Inn
You added Bulldog Inn to your Saves list
North US Highway 441 & Route 1, Commerce, GA 30529   |
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Commerce
alabama
“the dirtiest little hotel i have ever stayed in”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2009

This is not one of the hotels that you would want to take ur family to. Blood stains on the sheets and the matresses and the cochroaches that roam at night. The shower handles fall off the valves and the toilets run all night the tv didn't work half the time.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Jacksonville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2009

This hotel was awesome. When we pulled up it was paradise at it's finest. Don't look anywhere else. Resturants and tourist attractions surround the area. The rooms are clean. There are no bugs under the matress pad and no blood stains on the sheets\wall. Towels have no stains. No holes in the wall. No puke on the sidewalk and the people who own the place are so nice.

If I were asked, "where in the world would you go if you could go anywhere?"

My response: The Bulldog Inn in Athens, Georgia

Stayed December 2009
athens
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2009

Filthy little place. The towel racks were ripped from the wall. They had roach powder behind the nightstand and television. The glass above the door was broken out and cardboard was "duct taped" to the window frame. All the manager is worried about is his money. Then he has this old man watching everything ( thats creepy!) The housekeepers come in all the rooms while smoking they look like they just got out of prison. It wa really nasty.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2008

I am not sure which was worse, the smell of the room, the blood stains on the sheets or the three cockroaches I encountered over the course of the night, one of which crawled up my pillow. I considered staying at a fraternity house on the floor as a much cleaner alternative.

• Stayed October 2008
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2008

First, since I was trying to find a place to stay a bit last minute, I was thankful to at least have a place to stay in Athens. With the knowledge that all hotels in the Athens area jack their prices up during the UGA Home football games, I expected to pay a bit more than the normal room rate. My complaint starts with the reservation office attendants. The women I spoke with at first seemed a bit rude on the phone, sounding as if every question (which we not many) were a hassel to answer. Simple constumer service without attitude I think is not too much to ask for. By the name alone, "Bulldog Inn" I also expected it to be a bit of a dive. What I didnt expect is a room standard below you average Motel 6. The bed was clean, but the room had a smell. They advertise a small refrigerator in every room, but I guess someone took mine to their tailgate party the game before...no refrigerator. The shower nozzel was horrible, and the water pressure during every shower fluctuated between a 3500 psi Pressure Washer and a trickle just shy of have a little boy on a ledge taking a tinkle on my head...quite an experience, but i did end up clean in the end.
The next morning at 630am I went to the office just to simply ask what time the Chevron that was located 400 meters down the road opened, and that same female desk attendant simply and a bit rudly said " I don't know, maybe 630 am?" Seeing how is was already 630am and all of the lights to the gas station we out, I am not sure that was the best guess. Like I said, I wasnt expecting much, but a bit of situation awareness on her behalf probably would have been much better. You would think if you job is to book a room for a customer and previde the normal customer service...knowing what is around the hotel and maybe their hours of operation would be a nice little tool for them to better serve their paying customers. Oh, and for 1 night they charge $114.00 after taxes, whic taken into consideration that it was expected to be elevated...is WAY to much for the room they are providing.
If I didnt get tickets last min for the game, more research would have deffinatly solved all of my problems. If you have time, book a room somewhere else..if not ask yourself if $114.00 to pay is worth it for this little dirty hideaway.
Ben Graham
[--]

• Liked — The Hotel was pretty close to the Stadium...and only a 10 dollar cab ride.
  • Disliked — Poor customer service
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Bulldog Inn? Share your experiences!