“Wow....and buffet too!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Monroe, GA
“Wow....and buffet too!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

Going on the advice of tripadvisor, my wife and I stopped at the Commerce Cafe on Faulkner road. It was obvious to us that this was the place to dine as the parking lot was full and it was raining. Cars kept coming and made it very difficult to park for soon as a space became available, someone would be waiting for it. I managed to park some distance away and aided by an umbrella, made our way to the line at the buffet.

What a treat that was (my wife had the chicken tenders and I had the fried fish) not to mention the sides of butter beans, squash casserole, macaroni, fried okra, and banana pudding. All for less than $16 for both. You must not miss this cafe when in Commerce. It's off the beaten path but just north of all the businesses.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“Great place to eat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

This a a great little place to eat with a variety to choose from on the buffet line. They also serve a delicious breakfast.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Commerce, Georgia
“Where the locals eat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

This is served cafeteria style with a selection of meats, vegetables, etc. I usually get a to-go plate. I usually like their catfish fillets or steak-n-gravy. You can order fast food there as well.
Their slaw burgers are good as well has hamburger steak dinners. Like I said in, this is where the locals go. They have a good business going.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Georgia
“Traditional Southern Cookin'”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

You may be surprised to learn that a Chinese family owns this restaurant, I was. This place is very popular with the locals, it is always packed right after noon on Sunday! The atmosphere is dated, it is very much like an 80's diner and is located in an older house off a back road. The food is very much southern fanfare, cornbread, country fried steak, catfish and it is prepared well. You can not beat the value, you will have more than enough to eat for around $8 per person. Personally, even though I am from the south, southern food is not my favorite cuisine as it tends to be overly greasy and heavy on the stomach, but if that is what you like then you will love the food here. I have had their breakfast and dinner, their biscuits are terrific. If it were not for the outdated atmosphere I would give this place an excellent review (although I guess it does add to the charm and uniqueness of the place).

• Visited December 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Seneca, South Carolina
“A must stop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Went to commerce shopping this is a must family stop everytime. About an hour drive from our house but well worth the trip. We used to go shopping then eat now we go eat and plan our shopping around their hours..

• Visited December 2013