“Very good” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
State Road, North Carolina
“Very good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

We ate here our last night on storm work and I thought the food was delicious. The servers were very friendly and nice. It took a little while to get us seated but we were a large group so that's to be expected. It didn't take long for our food to be served and everything was hot and very good.

Commerce, Georgia, United States
“Go-To Steak House”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

This is my go-to steakhouse personally an professionally. We go here probably 3-4 times per quarter with work because it's really the only 'upscale' place to eat in Commerce at lunch. Outback loses out on this oppurtunity due to there opening time. Although I prefer Longhorns steaks over Outback. The bread that you start off with is out of this world! The renegade steak might not be the most expensive, but I would put it up with any of the others.

Visited July 2012
Florida
“Not what we normally experience with a Longhorns.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

I'm gonna start off by saying that we LOVE Longhorn's Steakhouses. Unfortunately, this one was not quite up to par. We were staying at the nearby Hampton Inn, so it was just a short walk, and since it is one of our favorite restaurants back home, we gave it a try. We arrived at the restaurant and were told that the wait would be 30-35 minutes, so we agreed and had a seat. After about 40 minutes, I went to the hostess station and asked how many more were in front of us, and she told me there were still 4 names in front of us. I also noticed that next to our name it said 45-50 minutes for the wait. I asked why she told us 30-35 minutes and now it would be so much longer and her answer was that some of the call ahead seating had "shown up" so it made our wait a little longer. WHAT????? Aren't the call ahead people figured in to the wait time?? She said that a lot of call aheads don't show, so they don't add them into the wait times. Now, it would make sense to us that the call aheads would be figured in to the wait times and then if they don't show, that just makes everyone else's wait time a little shorter....right? I'm almost positive that the manager was aware of our frustration, but never stopped by our table to make sure that we were satisfied. **Note** I don't have a problem with a long wait if they are honest from the start.....heck, I probably would have ordered a drink from the bar to help pass the time. But the fact that a relatively short wait time was quoted (30 minutes) and then it almost doubled by the time we were actually seated (50 minutes), and they made dumb excuses for why it was so much longer....made it frustrating and unacceptable.

However...once we were finally seated things went pretty well. Our server was prompt, and got our drinks and bread out right away. Our drinks were refilled regularly. She got our order correct, and it was pretty good except that my filet was closer to medium than medium rare as ordered, but it was still pretty good., although a little dry My husband said that his food was just as good as usual. It took us less time to get and eat our food than it did to be seated.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Hartwell, Georgia
“I Think I'm Done Giving This Place Another Chance”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

I've been visiting this restaurant since it opened a few years ago and it just gets worse every time I go. This really was a terrific restaurant at one time and they even retained all their good servers for quite some time until about 2 years ago.
This place put a bad taste in my mouth when during one of our visits a waitress decided that she was going to argue with me about a cut of steak which she had served at our table. A filet was ordered but a sirloin was served instead. Now, I know my steaks very well and when I mentioned this she jumped back at me with, "oh yes it is! I cut them myself today when I came into work so I know it is a filet!", uh.... She made me so mad that I had to excuse myself from the restaurant because I didn't want to make a fool of myself. She did a great job of doing that to herself anyway.
Last month we tried it again. What a waste. Why in the world do I torture myself and go back to places that really upset me?
Little ol' me ended up having a loaf of bread for dinner......SERIOUSLY! I ordered the Firecracker Chicken things. When I bit into one I thought the cook was trying to kill me! Those things were so salty they set my salivary glands on fire! Now, I've had them before and they were good but I would have been just as well off had I pour the full salt shaker of salt on my bread plate and poured it down my throat! Not kidding! The waitress was very nice about it and took it off the bill, even asking if I wanted something else......uh maybe a McD's burger! The manager never even came by about the issue either which I did find odd since she had to get his approval to remove the charge.
Lastly a question? Why do you guys only bring a half loaf of bread to a table of 2? Don't you know that bread loaf is now smaller than it used to be and that there are only 3 slices in half a loaf? Also, why would you doing this when I'm sure you have to know that the waitstaff is going to ultimately have to run back to the kitchen for another half? Come on. That loaf couldn't cost you more than 10 cents to make!

• Visited April 2012