“Good place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Commerce
Kenly, North Carolina
“Good place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2010

My family stayed at this hotel in July 2010 and we really enjoyed our stay. I second with very clean and the staff were very nice. The only problem we found with our room was the toilet in our bathroom ran all the time and when it did flush you would have to flush a couple of times,think maybe they need to check things like toilets out. We were on the second floor room 1257.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Mechanicsburg, PA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2010

This is one of the poorest Super 8's that I have stayed at. Save yourself the time, money, and effort and keep driving until you find another room. The guy at the front desk, presumably the owner, was unfriendly upon check in. He grunted something at me followed by me having to ask him to repeat himself several times. That should have been my cue to walk out and keep driving. When he did hand me the room key it was for a room on the back side of the building. This necessitated parking on the end of the building and walking to my room despite the rooms with parking directly in front of them being empty all night. The sign at the front desk had said breakfast was 6 - 10. The following morning I got around and checked out at 9:35 and the guy from last night was just finishing wiping down the counter. All of the food had been put away. One can only guess that if you put it away a half hour early you run less risk of people actually eating something which would cost you money. This room was $42.95 for the night. I did go ahead and sleep there for the night but you couldn't get me to stay there again for half that price. I rated this room a 1 out of 5 only because tripadvisor doesn't allow the option of rating it the zero that it deserved.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2009

Decent pillows. Good shower. Good location. OK TV. Wireless internet access. Good for an overnight and/or shopping trip to the outlets. However, the desk clerk (older Indian man) was utterly disinterested in his job and customers. Probably one of the rudest desk staff I've ever met and I've been in 100's of hotels. Make sure you tell him what you think before you leave. He might decide that it's a good idea to be nice to the people that pay his bills!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2009

This is a very clean hotel, way back from the road, so it is quiet. It has no pool, fridge or microwave, but the price is right. Continental breakfast is good and available at 6 AM (important for bird watchers and nature people). The desk clerk is laconic, but very efficient. Best motel of our 5-night trip in this price range.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Athens georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2008

I reserved a room in this motel via their website. Then the next day I called the hotel directly and booked an extra night. The indian man that was at the front desk was very rude and refused to give me the discount they advertized online, but I booked the extra night anyway. Then I called the super 8 reservations number the next day, and found out that he had not even booked the extra night as I had requested, and I had to book it all over again. They gave me the discount that I had asked this indian man for. I called and complained to the super eight manager at this motel. When I got there, they had put us in a room on the second floor as far away from the stairs as possible, and behind a wall with no view. I went down to the office and requested another room, and the indian man told me that he couldnt switch rooms. I know this is not true because there were very few people staying there. The parking lot was almost empty all weekend and you could clearly tell that most of the bottom floor rooms were empty. I almost felt like he was retaliating because I complained to the reservations people and his boss about him being rude. I definitely wont return to this motel. He was also very rude and unfriendly when I checked in.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — staff at front desk
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Super 8 Commerce, Georgia? Share your experiences!