“Good service, so-so wifi” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #18 of 46 Hotels in Columbus
Arizona
“Good service, so-so wifi”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

Stephanie at the front desk was very helpful in recommending local restaurants and getting me checked in. Room was clean, no frills, a little worn out, but at least it had a comfortable bed. Wifi was just so-so...often sluggish and intermittently dropping out altogether. A decent value, met expectations...just barely.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
EconoFB, General Manager at Econo Lodge at Ft. Benning, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Thank you TomL911 for your feedback. Without this information I may not know of something that our guests are experiencing during their visit with us. I have move this information on to our IT department to help correct the WIFI and began ordering all new supplies to freshen this place up a bit! Your review and input is truly an invaluable tool I take seriously and utilize to help drive home the experience we want to create for each and everyone of our guests. I hope that you may stay with us again in the future and we may provide an exceptional visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Bronx, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

I would like to thanks Ms. Tamako and Ms. Stephanie for the way they treated us in the lobby. They were very nice and very professional, specially Ms. Tamako. She gave me direction in how to get to my son graduation at fort benning. Also there Ms. Tamako had the courtesy of call me to let me know there was a leak (water) in my side of the building and updated my room to the other side of the hotel. They both were very helpful in our staying for that week. Thank You.... Both....... From me: Mr. Reyes

Room Tip: ground floor.....
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
EconoFB, General Manager at Econo Lodge at Ft. Benning, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Thank you tony r for taking the time to wright a review on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. With this kind of feedback that we should expect the rest of our employees follow! Without this information we may not even know what our guest are experiencing. I will also be sure that Tamako and Stephanie are both recognized for their outstanding job doing what they do best, serving our guest!

We hope to see you again soon! And again thank you.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

The hotel needs to have a better rate then others are giving. The staff was amazing, very helpful! Hospitality down south is just so comforting! I believe every body should give this place a try! Conveniently located as well!

• Stayed March 2014
Thank you KaylaHoon for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. With this kind of feedback we are now able to have a foundation of which to back ourselves on when we begin to update our property. Without this information we may not even know what our guest are experiencing.

Your words are too kind and we hope to see you again soon! And again thank you.
Jacksonville Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

I stopped at your hotel while passing thru Columbus, I was greeted by Stephanie with a warm smile and a beautiful personality, upon arriving to my room I noticed the the steps and sidewalk leading to my room didn't look very appealing although my room was very clean and the beds were comfortable as well. Breakfast was okay and would be better if you offered fresh fruit. Overall I enjoyed my stay and if ever in the area again I would stay at your facility again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
EconoFB, General Manager at Econo Lodge at Ft. Benning, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites at Ft. Benning.

I apologize about the sidewalks and I am happy to tell these have been addressed. We are currently working on pressure washing the entire facility to better accommodate our guest and ensure that our outside appearance matches all we have to offer on the inside. We are also currently evaluating our breakfast options to ensure that we are providing what our guest want. this will include a possible investment in fresh fruit.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope to see you soon!
Dawson, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

1.)it's not in a pleasant area
2.)We were waiting outside for someone at the front desk to return from wherever he was to check in for at least 10 min.
3. The website advertised two queen size beds, and those beds were more like twin/full size.
4.) there was only one outlet to use. We had to move the desk table to te other side to use he iron and place the peewee ironing board on top of it.
5.) We requested more towels and the ones that were brought to us were dirty and dingy looking(disgusting!) there were hairs in the towels and all in the tub.
6) the air conditioner didn't function right. The knobs/buttons were broken.
From the reviews, you'd think this would be a good hotel to stay in, but those reviews do not reflect this hotel and are not true. I'm sorry but I could not and I would not recommend anyone to stay at this hotel. This hotel needs a serious upgrade!!

• Stayed March 2014
EconoFB, General Manager at Econo Lodge at Ft. Benning, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete a TripAdvisor review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

I ask that you contact us in regards to your stay and allow us an opportunity to make this right. We are by no means perfect and fully understand that. This is something we hope to make up for with great guest service and clean rooms. I will personally look into what was going on and why there was no desk clerk on the desk when you arrived. There are times that we get pulled away to assist other guests just as we would serve you and I do recall a recent day that one of my desk clerks was off the desk giving another guest a jump because their respective car battery was dead. None the less we do so apologize. Your opinion matters and we take all items addressed not only here but when you arrive VERY seriously. We ultimately want to provide every guest with an exceptional experience.

North Canton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

Staff was incredible , specialy tyiesha . The staff made me feel like family . The breakfast was great .The location is so close to fort . I will stay there again for families coming down for Family weekend its perfect.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Hello Harold U and thank you for taking the time to complete a TripAdvisor review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We will also make sure to give Tyiesha recognition for a job well done! We hope to see you again soon!
Columbus, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

From the minute I stepped in the hotel lobby, smiling faces were welcoming me into the hotel. They were exceptionally courteous and understanding. The room was really clean and the beds were among the most comfortable. Thank you to the employees working at the lodge. You guys were great.

• Stayed March 2014
Thank you Rickybobby0! Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Been to Econo Lodge at Ft. Benning? Share your experiences!