“Reservation not honored” 2 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
South Florida
“Reservation not honored”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2008

Room was ok. Older but not a dump. Area was fine and close to Fort Benning which was convenient for visiting my son in the Army.

All staff EXCEPT the manager were friendly. Manager refused to honor a reservation for a second room as I was told it was "changed" by someone when I checked into another room the previous night (not me). I had reserved a non-smoking King. Since this was no longer available, I was given a smoking King but at a HIGHER rate. When I argued that my reservation was at a lower rate, I was told that reservation no longer existed. After a 15 minute argument with the Manger, I was told it was fixed to the original rate but at check out it was not.

Also, I was told breakfast was from 6-9 AM. Arrived at 8:50 AM and was told it was all gone :-(

I won't stay here again unless they change management at this location.

• Liked — Proximity to Fort Benning
  • Disliked — Problems with Manager and reservation
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
EconoFB, Assistant General Manager at Econo Lodge at Ft. Benning, responded to this review, June 15, 2011
Hello travelitSouthFlorida,
First of all you will be happy to know that we have changed management. With that being said and as part of the management team and all of us here at The Econo Lodge at Fort Benning, give us another chance. I would like to invite you down so that you may see the updated accommodations and be given a chance to meet our new management team. Please email us back at EconoLodgeFortBenning@ymail.com so we can discuss your situation and figure out a solution that fits best. I look forward to your email!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2008

DIDNT even stay here and got charged 2 nights that I have now been trying for a week to get paid back for. There is a Manager who cant even show up for his shifts so of course I cant get paid back!!! HORRIBLE PLACE!!!! DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stayed March 2008
EconoFB, General Manager at Econo Lodge at Ft. Benning, responded to this review, June 13, 2011
Christinasr,
From all of us here at The Econo Lodge at Fort Benning, we extend our deepest apologies. Something like this is completely unacceptable by any standard. Over the past 2 years we have been making changes from the inside out, to help remedy things like this. With your input we can make strides to prevent something like this happening from any of our guest be it they stay with us or not. I would like to extend an opportunity for you to explain what happened so that we may do what we can to correct this. Please contact us at EconoLodgeFortBenning@ymail.com so that we may see what we can do to fix this for you and prevent anything like this from happening to any future guests that may take the time out and book with us. Thank you christinasr and we look forward to correcting this.
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2007

In Feb 2007, I stayed at this hotel with my inlaws. We were attending my husband's Graduation at Ft. Benning. It was located in a rundown part of town, but the hotel itself was fine. Victory Drive is known as a "bad part of town", and I wouldn't recommend wandering around too far at night, especially on foot.

The staff were extremely helpful & friendly. There were a lot of other families there for the military gaduations. It felt safe & secure, although it was set up in the "motel" style, with each room having an outside entrance. The rooms were clean, and continental breakfast was offered, but I didn't have it. The hotel had wireless and the staff recommended places for us to order food from for delivery.

VERY well-located for access to Fort Benning. Quick drive. Pretty good for the price. I would stay again.

• Liked — friendly staff, close to fort benning
  • Disliked — location in rundown part of town
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2006

Both my Girlfriend and I traveled to Fort Benning via car (17 hours) to attend my Son's graduation at the post. After check-in and settling in the room being exhausted from the drive, there was a water break from the ceiling. Electrical gadgets, cosmetics, and travel supplies were damaged, and we were whisked to another available room. The was no offer or refund for our troubles or items ruined (I would have kindly declined - but the offer would have been nice). A friendly guy from check-in did ask if we wanted chicken from
Popeyes. The hotel accomodations of the new room were OK, though several of the lamps (several bulbs blown) and equipment looked dated from WWII.

The Continental breakfast left a bit to be desired. No eggs, syrup for the waffles, and everything pretty much depleted before 0730am. Finally, a customer complained to check-in, and a Lady came in pretty much lacking enthusiasm, lethargically going thought the motions, unfriendly. I watched kids complaining about lack of milk for cereal, and it was a joke watching people stick plastic forks in the toaster (to large for waffles) to retrieve food.

As icing on the cake, I had a little surprise after returning to NY. My credit card was billed an additional $190.00. When I called with an inquiry, I was told by the Manager this was for a long distance phone charge! We never even used the phone during our stay (other than to wake up the front counter for our check-out at 0430am). He stated this appeared to a mistake as the billing was for after we left, and, the hotel would reimburse my debit card. A few days later I called to confirm this would indeed happen, and I talked to another 'manager'. He said the additional billing was 'actually' for 2 days 'booked', after we checked out, stated a mistake was made, and the funds would be returned. 21 days later this has not occured, so, I had to file a complaint form with my bank, and will be contacting Corporate Headquarters with details.

I would not recommend this Hotel to family or friends.

• Stayed April 2006
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2006

Very close to BCT graduation area.
Ideal for people who sleep late and run late.
Clean rooms at good rate. Easy access to I185N to mall and restaurants

• Stayed April 2006
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2004

Our whole family stayed here for a Graduation Ceremony at Ft Benning. It was Great! Very convenient to the Post, resturants, shopping, and the airport. Rooms were clean and user friendly. Microwaves and 'fridges a real plus. The staff were all extremely helpful, friendly,and efficient. The continental breakfast was the best.There were lots of choices, with plentyof fresh baked goods, fresh fruit, several drink choices, cereal, and all the usual drink choices, etc. We will definitely stay here the next time we visit our soldier

Been to Econo Lodge at Ft. Benning? Share your experiences!