You added Extended Stay America - Columbus - Airport to your Saves list
Ranked #39 of 46 Hotels in Columbus
Savannah, Georgia
“Not bad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2015

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights. The staff was nice and the room was clean. We stayed on the back side of the hotel, which was VERY noisy due to being right next to the highway. Good thing I'm a hard sleeper and it really didn't affect me much. If noise bothers you, make sure to ask for a room at the front side of the hotel. This hotel has an excellent price per night. It has everything you could ask for in order to have a great stay. My only "complaint" is that this hotel could stand to update their rooms a little since it is a little outdated. Nice plus is that they had an updated TV. Overall my stay was pleasant!

Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Airport, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. We appreciate you letting us know about the noise issues in your room. We are sorry for this issue, but are happy to read that we provided you with friendly service and a pleasant stay. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Townville, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2015

If you're a light sleeper, you may want to consider another hotel. Very loud road noise. Poorly cleaned room and the other travelers staying there left me a little concerned for safety. On the plus side, it was very conveniently placed.

Room Tip: you get what you pay for.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Airport, responded to this review, February 24, 2015
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that we did not exceed your expectations during your stay. In response to your feedback, I am working with my team to ensure that our rooms are fresh and welcoming to our guest. I apologized for the loud road noise due to our hotel facing the highway.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at cap2@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Dyersburg, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2014

Travelingso much with work, this place is great that you can cook, get a full refrigerator and also all the kitchenware needed. I highly recommend it if staying a week or longer. Would definitely return

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Airport, responded to this review, December 8, 2014
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with your fully-equipped kitchen, and that you would recommend our hotel. It is great to read that you would stay with us again. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We would love to welcome you back, should your travels bring you to our area.
Ocean Springs, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2014

We spent 4 nights at this location and we very satisfied. The staff was perfect in every way and the room was spotlessly clean. If the old recliner was replaced, everything would have been perfect, as the arms were worn and presented a bad impression. The linens were clean and well stocked, as were the dishes & utensils. The small coffee pot was clean and worked just fine although with the coffee available in the lobby, we could have skipped that. The parking lot was well lit and patrolled while we were there.

Room Tip: As mature adults, we prefer ground floor rooms and were quite pleased with it.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Airport, responded to this review, December 1, 2014
We want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. We are sorry to hear about the condition of your recliner; however, we are thrilled that you had an enjoyable experience with us. In response to your feedback, we will inspect our furniture and replace the items that do not meet our standards.

Columbus, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2014

People expect the waldorf astoria in columbus ga. The place works and the staff helps the customer bed down in a good spot for the night. The towel service, quick breakfast, easy parking, and well sized staff make this place good support for your needs. This weekend the placed is booked to the max so you do the math. WiFi is not bogged down (2.4GHZ 72.2MBPS - 802.11G).

• Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Airport, responded to this review, November 21, 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a good, informative review. I am glad to read that you were pleased with the staff and the services that were offered during your stay. The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Columbus, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2014

I stayed here while my house was for sale in another state when I took a job here in Columbus. As extended stay hotels go, it was better than average. Reading these reviews makes me think people expect Hilton services at Extended Stay America prices. ESA has always been about once a week maid service and new towels, and in a prior stay I was offered the chance to get daily service for more money. Hey, once a week is fine with me. Oh, and about the internet. As of about Oct 2013, it works great. Fine for email and web browsing, but if you stream video you might want to get the upgraded internet.

I loved the location, the staff was great, and I may be blind, but I didn't feel unsafe at all. I will say if you stay more than 90 days the room may feel a bit small, but I'd stay here again if I needed somewhere to stay for a month or two.

Room Tip: The Armour Road side is very quite.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Airport, responded to this review, November 4, 2014
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that we were able to meet your accommodations during your stay with us. It is great to hear that the staff was great and you felt safe during your stay. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Cerritos, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2014

I booked a two night stay at this property based upon the reviews from another website. Boy was that a mistake! Our room had a ton of issues starting with neighborhood:

1. The room was smelled of a foul odor
2. The furniture was old and looked like it needed to be replace years ago
3. The face towels in the bathroom were dingy and better suited as rags for washing your car or scrubbing pots than for any part of your body.
4. The noise from the interstate was so loud, I was expecting one of the cars to drive though our room.
5. Our room was on the back side of the property -- but I did not feel comfortable parking my rental car back there each night.
6. There are stains on the walls
7. We were told that the towels in our room would not be replaced unless we brought them down to reception. What we were not told was that our room would not receive maid service. We returned to our room late in the evening to find the beds not made after being out all day.
8. The last straw? I had to call the front desk one night after returning from a day at Fort Benning, to discover a roach in our room. The women in reception did not seem surprised at all. She come up to our room with some bug spray but could not operate the sprayer. She ended up using her shoe! I asked about a refund and the manager's name. I was told that because I booked the room through Booking.com that the hotel could not help me, I would have to talk to booking.com to get any sort of compensation.

When I checked out this morning, the clerk mentioned there were notes on file describing the issues we had encountered the night before and apologize. He did not seem surprised by my claim but did apologize and provided a $20.00 discount. My plan is to still reach out to Booking.com.

I will be back in the Columbus in December for my nephews graduation at Ft. Benning and have already booked another property. I cannot recommend this hotel to anyone!

Room Tip: Do not accept room 201! This room was horrible for us!
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Airport, responded to this review, October 30, 2014
Your review for our hotel was recently brought to my attention. I sincerely apologize that your room and the services provided did not meet your expectations. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have reviewed all of your comments and will be correcting the issues that you mentioned to ensure your experience is not repeated. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. Please contact me, at cap@extendedstay.com, if you would like to discuss this further. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

Been to Extended Stay America - Columbus - Airport? Share your experiences!