“fort benning” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #41 of 45 hotels in Columbus
Lancaster, California
“fort benning”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

close to fort benning and freeway room was not very clean beds had hair on bedding and dried blood on pillow staff changed all linens and towels. room seems like it has not had a good cleaning. need to clean behind furniture not just in front

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Airport, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Marcos - Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. We are disappointed to hear that your room did not meet your expectations; however, are glad that our staff was able to assist you. To ensure that a situation like yours doesn't happen again, our team is working on a deep cleaning procedure that will ensure that every room meets our standards.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Please feel free to contact us directly, at cap@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

16 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Midland, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Can't beat the price or friendly staff here. The went out of their way to make my 3 week stay the best. Grab and go breakfast doesn't make the grade. Don't take a room facing 185 - too noisy. Would stay here again if I needed more than 3 nights. Room 140 was tops.

Room Tip: Don't choose a room facing hwy185.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Airport, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dan - Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. Please accept our apologies that our grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your expectations. Still, I am thrilled to know that our staff provided you with friendly service and a great room.

We hope to see you again soon.
Lilburn, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

The hotel is in a nice area where we felt safe. The staff at the front desk were very friendly, helpful and efficient. This is a very basic place and because it is an extended stay you need to bring your own shampoo, hair dryer etc. They do supply 2 small bars of soap. The place could use some renovation but everything was in working order and the most important thing for us is that it is clean. I was most impressed by the cleanliness and because of this would likely return next time we are in Columbus. Also the bed was comfortable and it was pretty quiet at night. We enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Airport, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a positive and informative review. It's great to hear that the cleanliness of the room and the friendliness of the staff met your expectations. We also provide shampoo and hair dryers at the front desk.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

I was pleased with what I got for what I spent. The room was clean, the bed was comfy, and the pillows great. I loved the little kitchen and made use of it saving on dinner expenses by not eating out. I would stay here again the next time I am in the area for sure.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the front of the hotel if traffic noise might be a sleeping concern.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Airport, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Lance - Thank you for posting a glowing review of your stay. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed our clean rooms with fully equipped kitchens at a great value. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

This was a last minute booking, but i'm real picky about the hotels I stay in, and when I got here I wasn't expecting this at all. The only good thing about this trip was we got there late to check in so we got to check out soon and the front desk lady was very friendly. Other than that, the bathrooms were questionable, there were cigarette burns in the comforter, the beds were solid as rock and the room I was provided was right next to the highway. By far the worst experience at a hotel and worst sleep i ever got. Would not recommend this place to ANYONE, unless you truly don't care where you lay your head down at.

Room Tip: My tip for travelers is if you value where you stay, DO NOT stay here.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Airport, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. I am so disappointed that we were not able to provide you with a comfortable place to stay. Please accept my apology. To uphold our company's high standards, we have been upgrading our bedding to better accommodate our guests. I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention.

I invite you to contact me, at cap@extendedstay.com, if you have any additional comments. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Florida, USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

The staff was helpful and friendly, but the room was dingy and in need of some TLC. There was stains on the walls and curtains. The towels in my nonsmoking room smelled like cigarette smoke. Definitely not what I had in mind when I booked the room. I have had great experiences at other Extended Stays in the past.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Airport, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. Your comments in regards to the friendliness of the staff are much appreciated; yet, I was disheartened to read about the the cleanliness issues. I discussed your comments with the team, and we are working on focusing more attention the things mentioned.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at CAP2@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Homeless
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

We are PCSing from Washington. As a family of 6 this can be expensive. I wanted to be able to still cook for my family while being in a safe and comfortable environment. We have used Extended Stay before for a PCS so decided to use it again.
This experience was not pleasant. The staff was wonderful. The rooms were below standard.
There was a bleach stain on the carpet. The stove was old. The microwave was dirty. The bathroom sink looked like someone dug out around the drain. The shower was dirty. There was a hole in the blanket from burns. To top it off my husband saw a roach.
We left as soon as the Sleep Inn had a suite available.

• Stayed December 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Airport, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. We appreciate the kind comments about how wonderful the staff was; however, we apologize that cleanliness of the room was not up to your standards. To uphold our company's high standards, we will improve on the training of the housekeeping staff and the inspecting of our rooms moving forward. Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback.

If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at CAP@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

Been to Extended Stay America - Columbus - Airport? Share your experiences!