“Fort Benning graduate Mom” 4 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3201 Macon Rd, Suite A, Columbus, GA 31906-1717   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #32 of 46 Hotels in Columbus
Windsor Heights
“Fort Benning graduate Mom”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

We chose this motel because of the good reviews I saw on this page that were mostly positive. And they were right! It isn't fancy, but we didn't need fancy. We had a very nice stay there - the rooms are clean, the breakfast is very good, and the staff is absolutely wonderful. I agree that Maria is one of the best desk associates I've ever seen, but the entire staff was beyond our expectations. Stores and restaurants galore within walking distance. Fort Benning is only 10-15 minutes away from there. Thank you for making our graduation experience a very good one!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Arlington, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

I am a loyal La Quinta customer but this hotel needs some work and security. We were here for Fort Benning Family day. When I booked it I was unaware the drill sgts tell the guys to stay north of Macon St. Trying to get out of the parking lot one morning we had to wait while some "working girls" argued with a man who had just left their room. I just did not feel safe at this location. For graduation we booked at the La Quinta further north.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

I enjoyed staying at this location. I had asked for a recliner in one of the rooms which wasn't there but the receptionist got me one fairly quickly.
I only had one small problem while I was there. My family and I stayed the first night and the next morning my step dad went to the office to let them know we were gonna stay one more night. The person at the desk didn't tell him that we would need to pay for the second night or the keys would no longer work in the doors after noon. We were there to see my son graduate from Basic Training and were not gonna be back before noon. It was a bit of inconvenience but we were able to get it resolved fairly quickly and of course without pain! LOL I definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

We stayed at this La Quinta while attending Family Day with our soldier at Fort Benning. It was everything that was advertised. Convenient to Ft. Benning, restaurants, and stores. The staff was very helpful, friendly, and courteous. ADA accessible rooms are available, so if you are a special needs traveler, request/reserve an accessible room. PS: there is NO elevator for access to the second floor, so be sure to request first floor accommodations if you can't negotiate stairs.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Idaho City, Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

We to stayed at this Liquinta during our son's graduation at Fort Benning. We stayed for four nights. The Staff in this Hotel were the best! they were very courteous and always helpfull. The hotel itself, as has been mentioned, could use some tlc, but our room was clean and comfortable. The nightly rate was the best that we have had in a long time, it was actually affordable.The Longhorn Steakhouse next door was also an outstanding choice for lunch and dinner. We would definately stay at this hotel again if ever in the area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family