“Corley/OHS” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #40 of 46 Hotels in Columbus
Mcdonough, Georgia
“Corley/OHS”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2012

I have been bringing teens on a trip to Columbus for four years. This facility has an outstanding staff from guest services through the front desk! Shane, the assistant manger, goes above and beyond to help with all the details of stying at the hotel, and the Veronica, the general manager, is always pleasant and extremely helpful with any situation that may arise. Our group wouldn't stay anywhere else!!! See you next year!!!

Room Tip: I highly recommend the non-smoking rooms. I prefer to stay on the inside of the hotel when bringing...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Alpharetta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2012

I have been travelling with groups of teenagers for sixteen years. Planning a a trip for a small group can lead to a disaster upon arrival. This is my second year at this hotel and I cannot offer praise strong enough. The facility is an older hotel but has been tremendously updated and all rennovations have been directed to customer comfort. Planning the trip was such a breeze and the registration was effortless. I have stayed at many hotels with students only to be told - "what reservation?' With Howard Johnson's - Columbus, I have the comfort of knowing that everything is going to run smoothly and I have no worries. I will be happy to return next year for our convention.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2012 via mobile

Great service, Shane at the front was very friendly an extremely helpful

• Stayed January 2012
Florence, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011

Assistant Manager Shane Beesley was extremely helpful. Warm, very welcoming, and quick to call for directions for me so that I could drive my friend to the bus station. When my wife and I arrived, Shane gave us a larger room than we had originally booked. The accommodations were very comfortable. All in all, a very pleasurable experience. We will certainly return for next year's SOA Watch event.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
vernie02, General Manager at Howard Johnson Inn and Suites Columbus, responded to this review, December 12, 2011
Dear John H.,Thank you for taking the time to give us a review.I appreciate your kind words regarding my assistant.I'm thankful that you enjoyed the accomodations at our hotel.It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you.Again,thank you.
Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011

I just wanted to write a short review of the work of Ms. Shane Beesley, Asst Mgr of the above hotel. During late November of the past 2 years, I have spent several nights there and have found Ms. Beesley to be an incredible, welcoming host. Although she works such long hours that she seems to live there, Ms. Beesley is consistently warm, beyond hospitable and always ready to go the extra mile to help you in whatever your needs may be.
She seems to work wonderfully with her staff in an extremely supportive way, which makes all of them similarly welcoming during the stay.
I have not met a warmer reception and attentive assitance in any hotel I have stayed in. She deserves a deep thank you and credit for the work she does.

Tim Nolan, Asheville, NC

Room Tip: suites are very helpful
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Dear Tim N.,Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to write a review.I appreciate you acknowledging the customer service level of my assistant.We appreciate that you chose to stay at our hotel.We look forward to seeing you again whenever you return to Columbus.Thank you.
Athens, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2011

I was first introduced to Howard Johnson Inn and Suites at Columbus, GA when I did long term stays on business trips (3-5 day lodges) while in Columbus. While I continue to do this once or twice a year I now also stay here for family occassions when visting my daughter who is at CSU. The lodgings have always been reasonable and fine.....the complimentary weekeday breakfasts have been just enough to get you started in the morning and the staff have always been honest, kind and helpful. On at least one occassion staff members (Shane Beesley for one) have gone out of their way to make sure that important materials that I left in the room after my stay got returned to me. For good reasonable lodging ...especially for staying for several days at a time I have been using this hotel for nearly five years now and will continue to do so in the future.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Dear Mr.R.Dunham,Thank you for taking the time to give us a review.First of all,thank you for your dedication to our hotel.We know you have many choices of hotels to choose from and we 're delighted that you chose us.Again,thank you for completing the survey and if we can be of any assistance to you,don't hesitate to contact us.
Saint Augustine, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2011

The Asst Mgr, Shane Beesley, was one of the most cheerful, welcoming, and customer service oriented desk clerks we have experienced in a long time. She had wonderful "people skills" and it made all the difference. So often lower-cost hotels/motels have clerks that obviously hate their jobs and would rather not have to talk to people -- no interest whatsoever in accomodating your needs. Shane was just the opposite. Our only complaint is the cleanliness of the bathroom -- the housekeeping dept. is not doing its job, for sure!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Nancy O.,Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to respond on the Trip Advisor Review.Thank you for all your kind words regarding the assistant general manager.I assure you that the matter will addressed with the Housekeeping department regarding the bathroom.Please accept my sincerest apologies in this matter.I hope you will give us the opportunity to regain your trust that all of your accomodating needs will be up to standard.Please feel welcome at our hotel in your future travels.Thank you.

Been to Howard Johnson Inn and Suites Columbus? Share your experiences!