“Nice!!” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #36 of 46 Hotels in Columbus
Lakewood, Ohio
“Nice!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

Friendly staff..close to shopping and food places..needs elevators if they have them pls share that info..we have alot of bags:) otherwise nice place, nice people.. love tha dirty south !! Mad sexy manners!! I love this town!!

• Stayed June 2014
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Columbus North I-185, responded to this review, July 12, 2014
Dear Thena M,

Thank you for your recent stay with us, and for taking the time to write a review. We strive to give great and impressive service to all of our guests and it makes us happy to read that you were pleased with our location. We appreciate all the feedback we receive and most certainly welcome any opportunity to improve.

Should your future travels bring you back to Columbus, we look forward to welcoming you back in our establishment.

Kind Regards,

Tracy V.
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Washington DC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

This was a family trip to attend a vacation and we thought it to be safe to book at an out of town hotel chain we all were familiar with, however it was a big mistake! The bartender was nice and the lobby was decent but all of the other problems made me give this hotel a poor rating. The grounds around the hotel were FILTHY it looks like a MOTEL and although there look like there may have been some bathroom, decorative and bedding upgrades the carpet was filthy and it smelled bad were we traveled to the local Wal-Mart to purchase Febreeze and candles. The tub backed up while showering so it was like taking both a bath and a shower at the same time yuck! Our door was damaged where you could look at the top and actually see the wall in the room! The ice machine on our floor was broken LUCKY US!! One plus was the front desk staff was very accomodating and the wait staff were nice too. The breakfast was decent as well.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Columbus North I-185, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Dear TinkWDC,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am delighted to hear that we were able to meet your expectations when it comes to our breakfast and level of service provided by our staff.

It is regrettable that the layout of our rooms and housekeeping were not able to live up to your standards. Rest assured that your comments will be be used to consider improvements where needed.

I hope we get another chance to host you again and provide you with a better stay in the future.

Estill, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

I read all reviews before making a reservation and decided to give the hotel a try. I was traveling alone to visit my husband at Fort benning. The hotel has a great location and has a shuttle to take you around. The pool was deep and very nice so was the lounge area. I had been in the pool and was headed back to my room when I noticed a lady on her cell phone dressed very seductively. I walked passed her and she commented on how beautiful my figure was and said that I could make alot of money with a figure like that. That comment shocked me and I walked on ahead of her. I could hear her still talking on her phone talking about her charges for "intimate services. I started feeling very uneasy becasue that guest's conversation made me very uncomfortable.when I got to the room I quickly grabbed my things and went to the front desk and told the gentleman that I wanted to checkout. I didnt tell him about my encounter in that hallway I only stated it was because I needed to stay closer to the base. Despite all the bad reviews on here, I found the hotel to be somewhat outdated but still very nice, that was until I had that experience with the woman walking in the hallway.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Columbus North I-185, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Dear Jaymay803,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. It is our priority to provide our valued guests with a great and comfortable hotel accommodations, that's why it is regrettable to learn about your recent stay. Rest assured that your feedback has been taken into serious account and we would like to follow up on your experience. I have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

New Iberia, La.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

The hotel is old, the rooms smelled, the housekeeping staff were some of the most rude people I have ever dealt with, they have a 5pm check-in time (which is insane in and of itself) and one of our rooms STILL wasn't ready at check in. I'm not sure if the hotel is poorly run or woefully understaffed but that's pretty unacceptable. I complained to IHG as I am a Gold Elite member and while I have heard back from IHG I still haven't heard back from hotel management and it's been almost 30 days since I stayed.

• Stayed May 2014
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Columbus North I-185, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Dear c0ld,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for being a Gold Elite member of our IHG Rewards Club program. It is unfortunate to learn that you were not able to fully enjoy your recent stay because our rooms and service were not able to meet your expectations. We take comments such as these very seriously and would like to follow up with you. I have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Columbus, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

The service here is great. I called and made a last minute reservation and they were able to accomodate me. The issues are the rooms itself.

They are extremely run down. Beds are lumpy and if you have something to plug in good luck finding an outlet. We opened the sliding door that leads to the parking lot and were unable to lock it back properly. THe only reason we noticed it is because we left the room and when we came back I pulled the door pretending that we could just step thru and it opened!.

They do have a buffet that is free for guests in the morning that was good, I honestly do not believe this hotel/motel is worth the money they are charging. Go somewhere else.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Columbus North I-185, responded to this review, June 14, 2014
Dear sheronep,

Thank you for your recent stay with us. We’re glad to know that you are happy with the breakfast buffet and the service you received from our staff. On the other hand, it is regrettable that you were not satisfied with the room conditions. We have taken note of these concerns and we will certainly use your feedback to focus on improvements.

Thank you for your review. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Kind Regards,

Tracy V.
Puerto Rico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

I choose this hotel because I found a great rate online. When I got there to check in I was quickly told that checkin was at 4. It was 3:30 by the way. I asked the lady how long and she said I had to wait for housekeeping to put the rooms in the computer. The lady then got on her cellphone and was talking about another employee that was late and totally forgot about me. I left the hotel and returned 30 minutes later only to be told that the room was on the 2nd floor and no elevator. I got the keys and when I got to the room the key did not work, I went back to the desk and that same lady gave a mean stern look. I think her name was Cheryl. When I finally got into the room there were no towels, the tub looked like muddy footprints and room smelled like wet molded carpet. Yuck I was stuck because I booked online and no refund. I went to walmart and bought airfreshner. When I came from walmart I just wanted to change rooms and there was a guy there. I thought I had a better chance with him but he was just was unfriendly as the lady was. She said he was her supervisor. He said he could move me but the room was in the very rear of the hotel and this room was worse than the 1st. I think they moved me there on purpose because the lady smirked when he blurted out the room number. Isnt that a no-no? I toughed the night up but I will Never stay at this place again. I would have done better just sleeping in my car.

Room Tip: Run and do not look back
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Columbus North I-185, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Dear Jose A,

Thank you for staying with us and for leaving a review of our property. Please accept our sincerest apology about the level of service you have received. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and for this reason your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into. We’d like to obtain some additional details regarding your experience, so we have sent you a private message.

Again, thank you and I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

John O
Seminole, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

My husband and I recently made an emergency trip from West Texas to Columbus, GA. My elderly mother had a massive coronary and she was in the ICU at St Francis. We arrived in Columbus after an all day and night drive with no idea where we were going to stay. Someone at the hospital mentioned the nearby Holiday Inn. It was an answer to a prayer.

From the moment we stepped into the hotel, we were treated like family. We were allowed an early check-in after explaining our circumstances and we went right to sleep on the very comfortable beds. Thank you, Vickie from the front desk. After our nap, as we were leaving our room, our housekeeper Elaine, asked if we needed anything. "Just prayer for my mother", I replied. She held my hand as I told her our situation. She gave me a hug and promptly took off. I thought she had forgotten something. Imagine my astonishment when she came back with head of housekeeping, Charlie. Both fine ladies prayed with me and I left for another vigil at the hospital refreshed and empowered.

Hubby and I stayed with mother from mid-afternoon to midnight, while my two brothers took the other shifts. Therefore, we slept late in the mornings. The room was nice and dark, and the noise was at a minimum. Elaine was available for our needs, but at no time did she intrude. In fact, she and Charlie showed up at our door with one of the most beautifully hand-written cards I have ever received, expressing the prayers and concern of the entire Holiday Inn staff, along with a giftbag full of goodies to share with exhausted members of my family at the hospital. I cried at the impact of their thoughtfulness.

The restaurant staff was excellent, too. I got hugs and assurances of thoughts and prayers for my mother each morning. The breakfast buffet was wonderful; I just wish I'd had a better appetite. Thank you Jennifer, Bacari, Roxana, and Brandi.

Everywhere we went, the staff seemed to know about our situation. Kindness abounded. I wish I knew the name of every one of the fine people who showed us such compassion during our stay. But you know who you are, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart. I don't believe that I would have had such an uplifting experience in the midst of such emotional turmoil if we had stayed anywhere else in Columbus, GA.

I read some of the other reviews. Yes, the hotel is older, and yes, it doesn't have all the bells and whistles of the newer ones.... but old fashioned kindness and caring more than make up for the lack of glitzy decor. The room we stayed in was exceptionally clean, everything worked, no rust, missing plugs, or other negatives. Would we stay here again? You betcha!

Room Tip: I had a sprained ankle, so a first floor room was a must. Nice patio area with sliding door.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Sophia P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Columbus North I-185, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Dear Cassandra A

We truly apprciate your wonderful and kind words. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to provide you and your husband with great customer service, comfortable place to stay along with the at home feeling. It was truly our pleasure and if in the near future we can be of any assistance please don't hesitate to give us a call.

Sincerely.
Sophia Parker, GM

Been to Holiday Inn Columbus North I-185? Share your experiences!