“Good place for Family Reunion” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #35 of 46 Hotels in Columbus
Huntsville, Alabama
“Good place for Family Reunion”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Good place to stay for a couple of days for reunion because you are not in room much. The rooms are in need of upgrade. Drains in sink and tub back up with water when washing and showering. Rooms could use refrigerator and microwave. Banquet facilities are very good.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Holiday I, General Manager at Holiday Inn Columbus North I-185, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear Magic3191-

Thank you for your review and giving us the opportunity to learn from your feedback.

The maintenance items you have brought to our attention will be reviewed and addressed to correct possible future inconveniences.
We are pleased to hear you enjoyed the banquet facilities during your stay for your family gathering. We appreciate you allowing us to host your family reunion.

Thank you again for taking the time to give your comments on your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again if your travels bring you back to Columbus.

Tracey Nierode

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Columbus, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

I choose this hotel trusting in the well known brand.
I found out an out of time motel completely dirty in rooms, corridors and lobby; carper was cut in few points and doros in room did not work properly.
The wall were so thin that you could hear peoplae in next room.
Exercise room smelled and the machines were old fashioned.
Parking lot was full of trash and was was no security service, so you could fine some unconfortable people in parking area.
I tried to upgrade my flat rate to breakfast free rate but it was an impossibile mission at the front desk.
Please, never visit this place

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Pinco P-

Thank you for taking the time to comment on TripAdvisor on your recent stay with us. We do appreciate you choosing to stay with us trusting the brand and we apologize that this location did not meet your expectations.
After reading your review, you might imagine how disappointed I was to learn about the issues you experienced on your stay. The cleanliness and customer service issues you have stated have been reviewed in detail with the team and will be used as a training opportunity to improve our services.
If you do decide to stay with us again, we offer free access to the local fitness center with complete cardio and weight systems.
Please accept our sincere apology for the overall dissatisfaction you experienced.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and providing us a candid feedback.

Montgomery, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Very clean room, great smelling, easy access from our first floor room to the clean pool.
Loved the breakfast buffet and wait staff. Front desk was very informative and friendly. This is a great location with easy access to I-185, Peachtree Mall, Ft. Benning, Andersonville, Plains and
Americus for touring. Will be glad to stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
LAKEWOOD
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

The convenience of being just off I-185 is a big plus. It's old tho and no elevator to the 2nd (top) floor is a consideration. The staff were EXTREMELY helpful, thoughtful and gracious, which made up for some short comings. No lunch service in the restaurant and only 5 bar stools and a few tables at the bar which was immediately adjacent to the lobby was annoying. And noisy. Dated is true. Only 2 conference rooms is tight. It was a long, long walk to the rooms out back. The hot breakfast was passable, with bacon and sausage and scrambled eggs. Again, the helpful staff covered some other shortcomings. I'd give it about a "C" and that's after staying 8 nights. . .

Room Tip: Be prepared to tote/climb stairs if you aren't on the ground floor.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Holiday I, General Manager at Holiday Inn Columbus North I-185, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear JanetRL-
The team here at Holiday Inn Columbus appreciate you taking the time to give your opinion on your recent stay with us. We are delightful to know that the service that was provided was to your liking and stood out above other areas we are lacking.
The length of your stay helped you utilize all amenities which we offer and in return helps us consider altering some of the items that you noted that are some of our shortcomings.
Thank you again for response on Trip Advisor and if your travels bring you back to the Columbus area, we would like the opportunity to change our grade from a "C" to an "A".

Holiday Inn
Columbus, Ga
Tallahassee, Florida, Usa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

This trip was to move our daughter up to Columbus State University. The location was our primary consideration (and the fact that I am a Holiday Inn points member).

The front desk staff was OUTSTANDING. She improved our rate (from the "guaranteed lowest price" on the web), and included breakfast. This is definitely "above and beyond" what she needed to do.

The room was OK.

The breakfast included was GOOD (not great, but good).

The breakfast services was OK.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Columbus North I-185, responded to this review, August 24, 2013
Dear Bruce L,

Thank you for posting a review of our property. It is a great pleasure to learn about your experience with us and to know that you we were able to meet your expectations during your stay.. We always strive to provide the highest level of service to all our guests and we value your feedback.

Once again, thank you for your thoughtful comments. We look forward to the opportunity of serving you again in the future.

Karen C
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Hotel was not upkept very well at all. Dirty walls in the room as well as the halls. Very out dated decor in the room. 19th century dressers and chairs along wirh a 1992 microwave. pool was dirty and salty, elevators were in poor condition as well as the AC not functioning properly. The reviews I read that lead me to choose this Hampton were way over hyped. Surely not worth the 120.00 I payed. Will not be coming back. Only positive was the front desk. This is not the hotel to bring your wife or girl friend to.

• Stayed July 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Columbus North I-185, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear Jay19697,

Thank you for taking the time out our your busy day to share your thoughts and comments regarding your stay with us. We value your comments, as they enable us to further improve our services and to surpass the very high standards our guests expect. Please accept our sincere apology for the overall dissatisfaction you experienced during your stay and we regret our hotel did not live up to your expectations. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and providing us a candid feedback.

Joel B
Sarasota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Visited Columbus for a tennis tournament with my son. This property was the tournament hotel so I assumed it was pretty good but upon entering the room found that it was pretty dated and definitely in need of some TLC. Staff were courteous and accommodating with our issues like the lock breaking on our door so maintenance had to pick the lock and install a new one which left us in the hallway for about 45 minutes. Rain left carpet in the room soggy and musty due to water pooling on the balcony with a view was a brick wall. Made the room feel really dark and claustrophobic. Sunday we left the room at 7 am and after returning late in the day our room was still not made up. Guy came in to soak up water in carpet but it was still wet and musty. After new lock was installed we had to go back to front desk several times, wait in line and have card re-programmed to get into room. Annoying. No offer to put us into another room etc. Would have been much happier at the fresher properties just down the street...

Room Tip: Ask not to be facing a brick wall...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Columbus North I-185, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear Perry J,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We certainly do our utmost to make your stay comfortable and pleasant, but we regret that this was not the case on this visit. I apologize for the inconvenience you may have had with the room you were given and if the amenities' condition was substandard. Please be assured that your comments have been noted and we'll have this passed on to management to consider for upgrades needed.

Pam G
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Columbus North I-185? Share your experiences!