“Nice” 5 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #36 of 46 Hotels in Columbus
“Nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

In good seating and excellent service, we were well looked after, they were very kind to us and allowed us to make a roast in the area of ​​the pool. The care of their employees best. Highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Evita the sales manager...wonderful!!! If you are looking for a venue for a party please consider the Holiday Inn North. Great experience. I am a local so I have not had stayed here but they should do a little more updating and the front desk staff needs a little more personality. I give it an excellent star rating only because my experience with the sales/catering manager was excellent.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

The pictures don't really do this place justice. It has the appearance of an old motel style Holiday Inn. No question this place is older, but they have done a very nice job maintaining the property. The rooms have been updated quite well. Beds are comfortable, bathrooms are well done with a nice tile in the shower/tub area. The rooms are very clean. Staff is also quite friendly. This hotel is an Excellent value. One side note, if you are a Platinum Priority Club, they give you a ticket for free breakfast, otherwise, I believe they charge- but note to the reader- the breakfast is purely awful. Go elsewhere to eat, even if you have a free coupon!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

This very large, older property is hanging in there-an OK place to stay.
It is clean, safe, but a little dated, and has some minor maintenance issues that didn't effect my stay but show the management needs to try harder to keep the property from slipping.
The front desk staff were OK and gave out coupons for free drinks and breakfast.
I got a quiet room and had no problems sleeping.
I got good value for my money-didn't pay top dollar, and didn't get a luxury resort.

Room Tip: It was very quiet in the back-lots of parking.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Columbus North I-185, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Dear HappyCamper32789,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit at our hotel. I am happy that you found our staff's service and room accommodations to be adequate for your needs. Your comments regarding our maintenance will be addressed and I appreciate you pointing this our in your feedback as this is our best means of improving our efforts.

I do hope that you will consider staying with us again at a future date and rest assured you will have our very best attention.

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare
Columbus, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I booked a room for 2 days while I spent time with my son on family day at Ft. Benning. At check-in the staff was friendly, had gret advice for things to do while visiting & was able to answer all of my questions. We enjoyed a great complimentary breakfast buffet each morning of our stay, as well as 2 free drinks and 30% off purchases. It was pet friendly, very well lite & close to everything. I've already booked them for my June trip!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Duluth, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

I am loyal to Priority Club so I end up staying at this property to earn points, but let me tell you, I am thinking of switching over to the Hampton Inn down the road. This property is outdated and does not feel welcoming at all when you walk in. As I approached the front desk, no one was tanding there, and the lady (Shannon I think) at the front didn't look up, so I said, hi. She then said she will be with me after she finishes helping someone. I didn't see this person as he was not in the area at the moment. She slowly realized how unwelcoming she came across and tried to redeem herself, but I could tell it was scripted. She then told me of all the nuances of the hotel (door latches don't work to the rooms, internet code is confusing etc. I came to my room after walking what felt like a mile. I couldn't even find the gym, so I gave up and went back to the bar to get a drink instead. This hotel is not set up well for efficiency. The rooms were not that nice and the bathroom was awful. My toilet made a noise all night long! Holiday inn, you can do better than this. Get an upgrade if you want people coming back to this place!

Room Tip: they don't have multiple levels, so be aware, you will be on ground level.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Columbus North I-185, responded to this review, May 25, 2013
Dear paglineetu,

Thank you so much for your candid review of our hotel. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience you have experienced and for the hotel conditions that did not meet your expectations. Our goal is to provide clean and comfortable stay to all of our valued guest and make their stay a memorable one. The issues you have raised will be addressed and appropriate actions will be taken. Your patronage and support to the hotel is very important to us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
Wappingers Falls, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Showed up to check in around 1:30am and the woman behind the desk was very welcoming. She even took the time to give us some complimentay bottle water. the room was sufficient with a nice size flat screen TV, the bed was very comfortable and I found that the shower was better than a majority of other hotels I have stayed at. Don't know why but a lot of hotel showers have low water pressure and I take this into great notice when I stay at them, and this hotel stuck out very well on a positive note. Overall, satisfied with our stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Holiday I, General Manager at Holiday Inn Columbus North I-185, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment on Trip Advisor on your resent stay with us. I have shared your kind remarks with Bonnie who checked you in, she is pleased to know that you enjoyed her hospitality.
We appreciate you letting us know you took delight in our shower, slept well in our bed and enjoyed watching our larger television. We take pride in offering amenities such as these to provide to our guest. Thank you for noticing.
We look forward to having you as our guest again if your travels bring you to Columbus in the future.

Tracey Nierode
Holiday Inn Columbus, Ga

Been to Holiday Inn Columbus North I-185? Share your experiences!