“Older (but rennovated) Motel” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #36 of 46 hotels in Columbus
Cleveland, Georgia
“Older (but rennovated) Motel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

I've stayed here off and on over the past 10 years. Decent motel. The rates aren't too bad. The rooms are clean. It's an older motel, but they've gutted everything and refitted the rooms. You can't turn left from the parking lot, which can be annoying sometimes.

Room Tip: Get a room on the first floor. It's easier to get your stuff in and out of the room via the slid...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Holiday I, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Columbus North I-185, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Thank you so much for your business throughout the years! We greatly appreciate your loyalty to the brand and the hotel! We agree and wish all the rooms could face the pool. Please let me know if we can ever be of assistance when making reservations. While I cannot guarantee you a poolside room, I will guarantee you that I will do everything in my power to attempt to get you there. Thank you again for your business and your comments. Please know we are always a call away.

124 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Woodstock, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

I have stayed in 4-star hotels that cannot match the hospitality, friendliness, and customer service of this hotel. It may be an older facility lacking some amenities such as an elevator, but what it lacks it makes up for in comfort, cleanliness, pride and friendliness. I coordinated a veteran's reunion here and was overwhelmed with how caring and responsive every single member of the staff was to our needs. Our banquet was superb with delicious freshly prepared southern food, our hospitality suite was well taken care of. The staff helped us move in and out. Need more ice? Not a problem - delivered with a smile. No hidden charges and no surprises. From the GM to the housekeeper, each member of the staff welcomed us daily with a greeting and a smile. I'll be back!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the pool. If mobility is an issue, ask for an interior room on the first floor...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Holiday I, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Columbus North I-185, responded to this review, October 14, 2012
We cannot thank you enough for your kind words about the Hotel and Staff! It was such a pleasure to meet you guys and have you as our guests! We are honored to serve our Veterans who have so proudly served our Country! Providing your Reunion with the best of service is the very least we can do and a small token of our appreciation for all you have done for us! THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE! We certainly hope you will do us the honor of bringing your Reunion back to Columbus and back to the Holiday Inn! Thank you again!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Everyone at this hotel was extremely nice and accommodating. I think I received some of the best customer service I have ever had. The location was extremely accessible to the military base and right on the highway. The food was good. Not the best but definitely satisfying. The front desk staff was so helpful and greeted me by name upon check in. It was really late when I got in but she made me feel very welcome and checked me in quickly. Security was sufficient and traveling alone, I felt safe.

I would certainly return!!

Room Tip: Try to get a room in the main building.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Thank you so very much for your kind feedback on the staff! We know you have choices when traveling and greatly appreciate you choosing the Holiday Inn. We certainly hope that you will keep us in mind for future needs! I will make certain the staff gets a copy of your kind comments! Thank you so much.
Orlando, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

This hotel is way overdue for a renovation. The rooms do not look that bad but you can tell is not up to par with other hotesl in the area with similar prices. I will try the Holiday inn express next time I visit Columbus.

Room Tip: If you want a good room; dont stay here.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Holiday I, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Columbus North I-185, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Thank you so much for your feedback on the Holiday Inn during your recent visit to Columbus, GA. We greatly appreciate your kind comments on our staff. While we may be an older property, we take pride in our customer service and believe our staff is second to none! We certainly hope you'll change your mind and consider staying with us when your travel needs bring you back to Columbus! Thank you for your kind consideration and feedback!
Fairfax, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

This is an old hotel which has been reconditioned and well maintained. The rooms are in good shape with little ware and tear. Our Sep 19th checkin was easy with a friendly desk staff. We then stated with a quick dip in the pool. Outdoor pool is old but 9ft deep and in good shape but not heated and somewhat cold. We subsequently returned to our room and were shocked to discover two roaches running around in the bathroom. Complaint resulted in a maintenance man spraying the bath to kill roaches present. We were then left with the choices of 1. Changing hotels, 2. Changing rooms, or 3. Staying put. We chose option 3 as we were too tired to seek another hotel and believed we were better off to stay there in a room which had been freshly sprayed. However, we immediately returned all luggage to the car before going to bed. Also, the hotel WIFI is so slow, only 0.34Mbps. that I am using my own private data minutes to store this review till I could finish and post it. We will not return to this hotel and I would advise you to follow my example.

Room Tip: You dont need your own roach spray as the hotel keeps plenty on hand. If you want a good non infes...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback on the Holiday Inn in Columbus, GA. Any feedback, whether it is good or bad, enables us to improve in areas we need to improve in or give appreciation to staff that is doing a good job! Thank you for your kind comments on the staff and the upkeep of the hotel. We are fortunate to have caring ownership/ management that continues to provide funding for upkeep when needed.

As far as you finding a roach in the room, first and foremost, I cannot apologize enough for this inconvenience! I definitely would have been concerned as well. Thank you so much for mentioning this to our staff or else we would not be aware of this problem! Please know we, like other hotels, do keep bug spray on hand to spray outside the rooms.

We would greatly appreciate your allowing us to redeem ourselves for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. I would be honored to personally oversee your reservation and offer you a room on us for your troules? Thank you for your kind consideration!
Rochester, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

I will start with the good. The front desk staff are by far the friendliest people you may ever meet. The bar tenders in the lounge are laid back but good.

Now the bad. I don't normally stay here when I am in Columbus but due to hotel availability this was my last resort. The hotel looks to use some renovating. The room was a nice size but the ac didn't seem to get really cold at all. They brag that they have high speed wireless in the rooms. Don't even bother the wi-fi is horrible. I spent a hour trying to do my time card and ended up doing it on my phone. If you are traveling for business and need to work in your room from time to time and are in need of reliable Internet. Stay away from here.

• Stayed September 2012
Holiday I, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Columbus North I-185, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Thank you for so much for your feedback on the property! We greatly appreciate your kind comments regarding the staff. I am terribly sorry for the inconveniences caused by the wireless internet. Please know that we are addressing your concerns and looking into the wireless access and will correct this issue. Please know we would be honored to redeem ourselves by having you back as our guest. I would be honored to personally oversee your reservation. Please feel free to contact me at any time. Thank you so much for your kind consideration.
Brunswick, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

I stayed at this Holiday Inn when visiting my son at CSU for a weekend. I used points from my Priority Club membership, so the cost was nothing from me - meaning to the hotel either. The staff was probably the friendliest I have ever dealt with. They made our visit so much more enjoyable. The accomidations were as expected from a Holiday Inn. The breakfast was better than average. The hostess' were extremely pleasant and fun to talk with. The location of the hotel is convienant to the major artery of travel and easy to navigate to and from. While speaking to the staff, I was also informed that they have a great CSU rate for times that I do not have points to use. I will stay here when visiting Columbus, GA every time. It was great.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Holiday I, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Columbus North I-185, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
First and foremost thank you so much for being a Priority Club Member! We greatly appreciate your brand loyalty! We cannot thank you enough for your kind comments regarding your recent stay in Columbus while visiting CSU! Our main focus is our guests’ satisfaction and is so fortunate to have the quality/ caring staff that we have to provide this service! Again, we greatly appreciate your kind comments and would be honored to have you back as our guests. Please know we remain a call away should we be of assistance and would love to personally oversee your reservation.

Been to Holiday Inn Columbus North I-185? Share your experiences!