“Great” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #36 of 46 hotels in Columbus
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Everyone at this hotel was extremely nice and accommodating. I think I received some of the best customer service I have ever had. The location was extremely accessible to the military base and right on the highway. The food was good. Not the best but definitely satisfying. The front desk staff was so helpful and greeted me by name upon check in. It was really late when I got in but she made me feel very welcome and checked me in quickly. Security was sufficient and traveling alone, I felt safe.

I would certainly return!!

Room Tip: Try to get a room in the main building.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Holiday I, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Columbus North I-185, responded to this review, October 14, 2012
Thank you so very much for your kind feedback on the staff! We know you have choices when traveling and greatly appreciate you choosing the Holiday Inn. We certainly hope that you will keep us in mind for future needs! I will make certain the staff gets a copy of your kind comments! Thank you so much.

135 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Orlando, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

This hotel is way overdue for a renovation. The rooms do not look that bad but you can tell is not up to par with other hotesl in the area with similar prices. I will try the Holiday inn express next time I visit Columbus.

Room Tip: If you want a good room; dont stay here.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Holiday I, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Columbus North I-185, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Thank you so much for your feedback on the Holiday Inn during your recent visit to Columbus, GA. We greatly appreciate your kind comments on our staff. While we may be an older property, we take pride in our customer service and believe our staff is second to none! We certainly hope you'll change your mind and consider staying with us when your travel needs bring you back to Columbus! Thank you for your kind consideration and feedback!
Fairfax, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

This is an old hotel which has been reconditioned and well maintained. The rooms are in good shape with little ware and tear. Our Sep 19th checkin was easy with a friendly desk staff. We then stated with a quick dip in the pool. Outdoor pool is old but 9ft deep and in good shape but not heated and somewhat cold. We subsequently returned to our room and were shocked to discover two roaches running around in the bathroom. Complaint resulted in a maintenance man spraying the bath to kill roaches present. We were then left with the choices of 1. Changing hotels, 2. Changing rooms, or 3. Staying put. We chose option 3 as we were too tired to seek another hotel and believed we were better off to stay there in a room which had been freshly sprayed. However, we immediately returned all luggage to the car before going to bed. Also, the hotel WIFI is so slow, only 0.34Mbps. that I am using my own private data minutes to store this review till I could finish and post it. We will not return to this hotel and I would advise you to follow my example.

Room Tip: You dont need your own roach spray as the hotel keeps plenty on hand. If you want a good non infes...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback on the Holiday Inn in Columbus, GA. Any feedback, whether it is good or bad, enables us to improve in areas we need to improve in or give appreciation to staff that is doing a good job! Thank you for your kind comments on the staff and the upkeep of the hotel. We are fortunate to have caring ownership/ management that continues to provide funding for upkeep when needed.

As far as you finding a roach in the room, first and foremost, I cannot apologize enough for this inconvenience! I definitely would have been concerned as well. Thank you so much for mentioning this to our staff or else we would not be aware of this problem! Please know we, like other hotels, do keep bug spray on hand to spray outside the rooms.

We would greatly appreciate your allowing us to redeem ourselves for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. I would be honored to personally oversee your reservation and offer you a room on us for your troules? Thank you for your kind consideration!
Rochester, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

I will start with the good. The front desk staff are by far the friendliest people you may ever meet. The bar tenders in the lounge are laid back but good.

Now the bad. I don't normally stay here when I am in Columbus but due to hotel availability this was my last resort. The hotel looks to use some renovating. The room was a nice size but the ac didn't seem to get really cold at all. They brag that they have high speed wireless in the rooms. Don't even bother the wi-fi is horrible. I spent a hour trying to do my time card and ended up doing it on my phone. If you are traveling for business and need to work in your room from time to time and are in need of reliable Internet. Stay away from here.

• Stayed September 2012
Holiday I, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Columbus North I-185, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Thank you for so much for your feedback on the property! We greatly appreciate your kind comments regarding the staff. I am terribly sorry for the inconveniences caused by the wireless internet. Please know that we are addressing your concerns and looking into the wireless access and will correct this issue. Please know we would be honored to redeem ourselves by having you back as our guest. I would be honored to personally oversee your reservation. Please feel free to contact me at any time. Thank you so much for your kind consideration.
Brunswick, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

I stayed at this Holiday Inn when visiting my son at CSU for a weekend. I used points from my Priority Club membership, so the cost was nothing from me - meaning to the hotel either. The staff was probably the friendliest I have ever dealt with. They made our visit so much more enjoyable. The accomidations were as expected from a Holiday Inn. The breakfast was better than average. The hostess' were extremely pleasant and fun to talk with. The location of the hotel is convienant to the major artery of travel and easy to navigate to and from. While speaking to the staff, I was also informed that they have a great CSU rate for times that I do not have points to use. I will stay here when visiting Columbus, GA every time. It was great.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Holiday I, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Columbus North I-185, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
First and foremost thank you so much for being a Priority Club Member! We greatly appreciate your brand loyalty! We cannot thank you enough for your kind comments regarding your recent stay in Columbus while visiting CSU! Our main focus is our guests’ satisfaction and is so fortunate to have the quality/ caring staff that we have to provide this service! Again, we greatly appreciate your kind comments and would be honored to have you back as our guests. Please know we remain a call away should we be of assistance and would love to personally oversee your reservation.
Glenolden, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

I stayed in this is a motel off the Interstate for a wedding recently. Although a bit on the older side, the place is really nice, and well worth the price. The staff are very friendly and helpful, they seem to want to make the stay enjoyable from the beginning. The room was nice, clean and pretty large for this type of place. They have a small bar, and a nice restaurant with moderate prices. A nice touch was the balcony, again not real large, but big enough to sit on with a coffee in the morning. All in all, when in the area again I would definitely stay there.

Room Tip: The rooms on the back side, away from the highway are quieter.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Holiday I, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Columbus North I-185, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind remarks about the hotel! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us in Columbus! While there are some things we cannot change about the hotel, like the age, we do feel very fortunate to have great ownership/ management that takes excellent care of the facility. Our staff cares and wants to make your stay be the best it can be so please let us know the next time you are in town, we would be honored to personally oversee your reservation! Thank you again for your kind comments. We hope to see you again soon!
New Alsace, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

The moment we walked in we walked in the door, the personnel was eager to make our stay pleasant! The complimentary breakfast was delicious with many different entrees and the staff was eager to serve you.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for choosing the Holiday Inn for your recent stay in Columbus! We know you have plenty of options so we are so thankful you chose us! Also, thank you for your sweet comments about our personnel! We certainly agree to you and think our staff is second to none! We will be printing your review and insure everyone has a chance to read your kind comments. Please know we are always a call away and certainly hope you will choose us if your travel needs bring you back to the area!

Been to Holiday Inn Columbus North I-185? Share your experiences!