“Beware of the homeless man begging for $ in the lobby at 4:30 AM” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
AAA Members Save!
Ranked #28 of 45 Hotels in Columbus
“Beware of the homeless man begging for $ in the lobby at 4:30 AM”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012 via mobile

While waiting for a cab to the airport for a 6am flight there was one employee working in the kitchen and a domestically challenged gentleman sitting by himself in the lobby. Don't let his 'FBI Jesus' hat fool you, his entire family has fallen on hard times with multiple people close to him being in the hospital. Obviously this has caused him to be cash stricken an in no way has e wasted any of his $ on alcohol or the leg tats.

• Stayed May 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Spokane
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

This has to be one of the dumpiest Hampton Inn. The rooms have 1970's carpeting and vanity, A motel type feel with all rooms doors leading to outdoor, unsecured area. Carpeting is also quite dirty so wear foot coverings at ALL times in the room My hunch is the neighborhood is safe, but still, you don't feel safe at this place. Rooms are small, with lots of cheap furniture crammed into a small space. The other Hampton in Columbus looks like a substantial upgrade.

On the plus side, the young lady that checked me in was fantastic, great attitude and quite helpful. The HDTV actually had the HD feed of virtually all the channels, both over-the-air and cable (I'm always amazed at the number of far nicer Hilton properties that have new HD sets , but are too cheap to pay for HDTV channels for the rooms).

Wi-fi service is adequate, but good luck finding an outlet. In this day where all of us travel with multiple devices, outlets are a must! I found one open plug behind the desk and then unplugged the lamp to open up a second. Plugged in my smartphone and laptop in the evening and when i woke up NEITHER had charged. Turns out that if the light switch is turned off, so are these two outlets. This made a disaoointing situation even worse.

There are some great Hamptons out there, but this one is not!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2012

I stayed here and was really pleased. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The room was clean and had lots of amenities. The free breakfast was great with many choices. I would stay here again whenever I visit Fort Benning.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Chattanooga, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

I do a lot of traveling for my job and stay in 2 or 3 hotels a week. Most are ok BUT, The Hampton Inn in Columbus GA was Above the Norm. From check in I knew I was going to enjoy and I was not wrong. Tequila the Front Desk Clerk (NOT the drink) was so truly pleasant that I felt at home. The rooms are SO Clean and fresh. This is a great location… Next and Every trip to Columbus, I have my place to stay… Hope any readers of my review take note and make your plans to stay at this Hampton Inn on Whitesville Rd. Columbus, GA.

Room Tip: I think they would ALL be as great as mine.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Columbus, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

I stayed here and was very pleased. The staff was very friendly!! I woke up right after breakfast ended and as I was checking out, the front desk employee offered to get me something to eat from the kitchen! The room was absolutely beautiful and well cleaned. My only complaint is that your room exits right in the parking lot and at night, there was a lot of noise from cars and their radios. Other than that, my night's stay was fantastic and would love to stay there again!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
CSGAT_GM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbus-Airport, responded to this review, August 22, 2011
It is always a pleasure to receive feedback from our guests. I am glad that our accommodations were to your standards and that you enjoyed your stay with us. The team here always tries to go that extra step to make our guests stays memorable and I was delighted that you had that experience. I do hope that we have the opportunity to have you back again soon and will share your feedback with my team. Safe Travels to you and we look forward to welcoming you back to our Hampton soon!
Union, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

This property has seen better days. The staff is courteous and friendly. but. the building is old and tired. Furniture is low quality. There is a nice pool area, all rooms are outside entry.

Room Tip: The best room is at another hotel.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay at our facility. We are always glad to hear our customer feedback, good or not so good, so that we can improve on our customer service and accommodations.

The property is actually going on 25 years old this September, however, we do try to maintain the standards that our loyal customers have become accustomed to when staying at a Hampton Inn. In fact, we have just replaced all of our sleeper sofas, lounge chairs, desk chairs and activity chairs this week! Unfortunately, it was just a few days off from your visit but we are glad to have them for your next trip to the area and for our future guests. Then, of course, we have done several other upgrades this year including new room carpet, room artwork and repainting of the guest rooms. In addition we have completely refurbished our lobby area to the new "Hampton Perfect Mix" that is being rolled out across the country.

As you can see, while we are an older facility with the exterior entrances we do continue to maintain our property to the best of our ability. We look forward to welcoming you back again and thank you again for your feedback!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011 via mobile

Paid for a double room. When we opened the door it was a single King bed with a hide-a-way sofa. We called and complained and the desk person said it was all they had. We reminded them that we reserved a double and wanted a partial refund for the difference. Suddenly they "found" the correct room. We to collect our stuff and move across to another building. The satellite TV was on the blitz, so nothing to watch the desk said they were "switching over" whatever that means. We left early staying only 1 day of a two day stay but because we booked through Orbitz, they refused to refund the other day. I truly wouldn't recommend this as a stay. Did I mention it's a MOTEL with no inside accesses to elevator?

• Stayed July 2011
I do apologize about the satelight outage. It is true that we did take our television system down for about 1 hour during your stay as we converted all of our TV programming to HD. This was an upgrade from the old system that we had in place which allowed us to add additional programming at a better quality. This upgrade is one that we felt our guests would enjoy while allowing us to add value to the guest experience. Unfortunately, with a system change there is no "good" time to take down one system in order to upgrade it to another. I do apologize that it was during a time period that you were wanting to watch television. However, I do hope that you could see the dramatic difference it made once the system was restored.

Been to Hampton Inn Columbus-Airport? Share your experiences!