“Incredible hospitality, wonderful staff, spotlessly clean hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #3 of 46 Hotels in Columbus
Frankfurt, Germany
“Incredible hospitality, wonderful staff, spotlessly clean hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I am an experienced health services professional and world traveler. I have stayed at some of the finest hotels in the United States, Europe, and the Middle East. I have never been inspired to take the time to write a review for service...until now. The staff members that I have encoutered at the HIE Columbus at Northlake have gone above and beyond to make my stay here an exceptional one. I am a very early riser and was able to work out in the fitness area and enjoy a healthy breakfast with smile from some of the kindess, welcoming people I have ever encountered working at a hotel. I must give a special thank you to Ms. Kaneesha who takes care of guests in the breakfast area. Her warm hospitality and care made my stay all the better. I would also like to thank Ms. Linda who works at the service desk. She was the first person I met here and I knew after chatting with her that this location was a special place. Thank you Ms. Linda! My wife and I will return to the area next month and I look forward to her meeting these wonderful people. At this HIE, I felt more like a family member rather than a hotel guest. Thank you all for a wonderful stay! See you again soon!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Panama City Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Staff was super friendly and very accommodating and attentive. Room was clean and well kept. Housekeeping even got my special request for extra towels correct before we checked in. If you don't think that is a big deal, try it sometime. When we travel as a family, it's me and 3 females with long hair. Usually most hotels have only 2 sets of towels in the room regardless of how many people you tell them will be staying. I almost always request extra towels in the comments section on my reservation form when I book. Less than 10% of hotels even notice and get it right and that's from value chains like HIE all the way up to Waldorf Astoria properties. So you check in, check the towels, find two sets, and always have to call the front desk and ask for more. But this place got it right. Kudos to you and your staff for paying attention to the little details. And your desk clerk, Linda, I believe was her name, was fantastic and made us feel most welcome. The only thing I would ding this property on was the nightly rate. It's a little high for an HIE but the whole area seems a bit overpriced for where you are staying. Not just this hotel but all the ones in this area seemed higher than you would expect. I think it is due to a lack of decent hotels in Columbus. Other than that, I'd give this place an A+.

• Stayed April 2013
Raleigh, nc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

Followed the advice of the T.A. reviews and they were right. Nice clean, spacious room, comfortable beds (you pick your pillow softness, they are labeled on the cases), and breakfast. We were traveling to attend an event at Fort Benning and were given directions to the base, nice to have the phone numbers with directions!! Everyone was pleasant, discount given to family of military....really great experience. Ask for a room away from the dumpster and pool if you are a light sleeper as both can be noisy.

Stayed April 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel twice and I received excellent service. I have already booked another stay. The check-in is very smooth and efficient. Housekeeping maintains the rooms in spotless order. The breakfast area is always clean, the food is ready by 0600 hours, and the attendant is always pleasant and helpful. She greets every guest individually and makes you feel very welcome. On some nights they also have appetizers and drinks, which is very appreciated after a long day. I only have great things to say about this hotel

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I stayed here in March.I very much enjoyed everything. Friendly people .I'm came to look for housing and the hospitality even from the resident staying at the hotel helped me decided that Columbus Ga, is where I wanted to live.My Three children had more than enough room.The continental breakfast had a lot to offer and was excellent. I would go back over and over again.

• Stayed March 2013
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

My wife and I stay in Columbus 6 or 7 times a year. Our daughter lives there as she is married to a serviceman stationed at Fort Benning. We have stayed at pretty much all the Hotels in the area and our considered opinion is that the Holiday Inn Express is the best option regardless of price.
The hotel is as clean as you can get and the public areas reek of attention to detail. They have a complementary hot breakfast which is great. The rooms are well proportioned and very confortable showing great design features that seasoned travellers will appreciate.The beds and pillows are world class!!!! As always it is the staff that set this hotel apart from the other good hotels in the area. We are always greeted in a friendly and professional manner and nothing is too much trouble. You really do feel welcome here.

Room Tip: the rooms we have stayed in have all been good so far