“Guest Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 46 hotels in Columbus
Albany, Georgia
“Guest Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

My "birthday" is my favorite holiday! Mrs. Yvonne, at the front desk, maximized my birthday guest experience, which exceeded my every expectation. Although I'm a priority club member; this by far was my absolute best guest experience yet. 2012 had been a health/challenging year for my fiance, and our room made ALL the difference. Mrs. Yvonne's heartwarming smile, and excellent guest relations skills set the atmosphere for rest of the weekend. We know that our Lord and Saviour set us up to be blessed and to be a blessing. All weekend the staff and service was top notched all the way. Truly, the entire staff which we encountered was very personable (LISA; BEN; Breakfast Chef)! I'm telling you. that Mrs. YVONNE; set the STAGE and in my book - "it took me a moment to get to know her; BUT it will take a LIFETIME for me to FORGET MRS. YVONNE @ the Holiday Inn Express in Columbus, GA. I SALUTE YOU AND THANKS A MILLION! Ooops the other young lady at the desk who provided us with simple directions - all day Saturday. I called her our Mapquest. THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! KUDOS!

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny - with a window view!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

171 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Fountain, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

From the second I got there I felt so welcome, from the desk staff all way down. Everyone had a smile and made conversation with us. I was there for my son FT.Benning graduation (14Jan- 17Jan 2013). Sierra Lynn, Yvonne, Linda and Kiki went above and beyond for our group. The hotel is clean, comfortable and what ever you need they got. The breakfast and appetizers were a great . There is a lot around there as well did not have to go far for anything. It is close to FT Benning as well. Thank you to everyone there for making this a great trip and I will be staying there only whenever I return.

Room Tip: great location
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
HIENL7336, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Columbus at Northlake, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Becca-

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! It was such a pleasure to meet you and I am so pleased you had such a wonderful stay! We hope to see you in Columbus again soon!
Albuquerque
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

This hotel has the nicest staff ever! It's all new, clean, and is in the best area of town with a lot of great places to eat and shop surrounding it. It's maybe 15 minutes away from Ft. Benning, and it's easy on/off the HWY to get anywhere in town. Breakfast is hot, not just pastries. There were eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits and gravy, and other things like cereals, toast, juice, and the coffee pot was always full, even all day long! I can't tell you one thing wrong with the hotel, our room, or it's staff. I do wish there was more parking, as it got very full at night.

Room Tip: We had a suite on the 5th floor; it was huge! If you are going for a graduation, call direct because...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
HIENL7336, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Columbus at Northlake, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful review! It was really a pleasure having you and the other families staying with us for graduation! I'm so glad you enjoyed the hot breakfast and 24-hour coffee! We hope to see you again if you're ever in the Columbus area!
Nettleton,Ms
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

My family and I stayed at Holiday Inn Express in Columbus,Ga from 01/14/2013 to 01/16/2013. We were there for my son's graduation from Fort Benning. We enjoyed our stay very much. All of the staff were so friendly. The room was clean and very nice. The bed's were wonderful. We also met up with other family's who had loved one's graduating. Sierra Lynn went out of her way to make us feel welcome and help us connect. I would like to thank the staff for the fantastic service we received. Yvonne, Linda,Kiki thank you for treating us like family. My family will never stay anywhere else.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Melissa, It was SO wonderful to meet you and it was a pleasure having you and the other families here! I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope that someday you'll be back in Columbus and will stay with us again!
NEW YORK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

we stayed at this hotel for our son's graduation from oust. The hotel was in a wonderful location just a short ride to fort benning. We stayed in a suite and the room was spacious and comfortable. There were many dining options right outside the hotel and he staff was friendly and accomodating and we would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your wonderful review! Congratulations on your son's graduation and we hope to see you again if you're ever in the Columbus area!
Anderson, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

Thank you for your excellent service! Room was immaculate and every associate that we came in contact with was friendly and courteous. My husband is in the army at Ft. Benning. It was very close to the base and many places to eat with any budget. We will be staying here everytime I go to visit.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
HIENL7336, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Columbus at Northlake, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
BPRuiettLange-

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of our property! We pride ourselves on the friendliness and helpfulness of our staff and our housekeeping department does a wonderful job of keeping all of our rooms looking fresh and new! We look forward to having you stay with us again, and please thank your husband for his service!
Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

What a great find!

Ultra-clean and super friendly staff. (without following you around like 'Igor') Having just come down to Columbus for a concert after a business trip in Manhattan, I found my room to be gigantic in contrast to the hotel in NYC I had just checked out of. The only thing at all I can think of that could use improvement is the quality of the provided toiletries. They were of the $49 dollar-a-night-hotel, quality and surely didn't fit at this level of a property.

In Summary... Super service, super clean, great value and tons of restaurants within walking distance.

Room Tip: Fifth Floor Rocks! (I was in 518)
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel! We are glad the friendliness of the staff and cleanliness of the rooms made such an impression on you! We are currently in the process of upgrading our amenities to Bath and Body Works products and should have the new products in place within the next couple of months. We hope to see you again the next time you are in town!

Been to Holiday Inn Express Columbus at Northlake? Share your experiences!