“my new home a way from home” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 46 Hotels in Columbus
Fountain, Colorado, United States
“my new home a way from home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

From the second I got there I felt so welcome, from the desk staff all way down. Everyone had a smile and made conversation with us. I was there for my son FT.Benning graduation (14Jan- 17Jan 2013). Sierra Lynn, Yvonne, Linda and Kiki went above and beyond for our group. The hotel is clean, comfortable and what ever you need they got. The breakfast and appetizers were a great . There is a lot around there as well did not have to go far for anything. It is close to FT Benning as well. Thank you to everyone there for making this a great trip and I will be staying there only whenever I return.

Room Tip: great location
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
HIENL7336, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Columbus at Northlake, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Becca-

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! It was such a pleasure to meet you and I am so pleased you had such a wonderful stay! We hope to see you in Columbus again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Albuquerque
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

This hotel has the nicest staff ever! It's all new, clean, and is in the best area of town with a lot of great places to eat and shop surrounding it. It's maybe 15 minutes away from Ft. Benning, and it's easy on/off the HWY to get anywhere in town. Breakfast is hot, not just pastries. There were eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits and gravy, and other things like cereals, toast, juice, and the coffee pot was always full, even all day long! I can't tell you one thing wrong with the hotel, our room, or it's staff. I do wish there was more parking, as it got very full at night.

Room Tip: We had a suite on the 5th floor; it was huge! If you are going for a graduation, call direct because...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
HIENL7336, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Columbus at Northlake, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful review! It was really a pleasure having you and the other families staying with us for graduation! I'm so glad you enjoyed the hot breakfast and 24-hour coffee! We hope to see you again if you're ever in the Columbus area!
Nettleton,Ms
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

My family and I stayed at Holiday Inn Express in Columbus,Ga from 01/14/2013 to 01/16/2013. We were there for my son's graduation from Fort Benning. We enjoyed our stay very much. All of the staff were so friendly. The room was clean and very nice. The bed's were wonderful. We also met up with other family's who had loved one's graduating. Sierra Lynn went out of her way to make us feel welcome and help us connect. I would like to thank the staff for the fantastic service we received. Yvonne, Linda,Kiki thank you for treating us like family. My family will never stay anywhere else.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Melissa, It was SO wonderful to meet you and it was a pleasure having you and the other families here! I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope that someday you'll be back in Columbus and will stay with us again!
NEW YORK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

we stayed at this hotel for our son's graduation from oust. The hotel was in a wonderful location just a short ride to fort benning. We stayed in a suite and the room was spacious and comfortable. There were many dining options right outside the hotel and he staff was friendly and accomodating and we would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your wonderful review! Congratulations on your son's graduation and we hope to see you again if you're ever in the Columbus area!
Anderson, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

Thank you for your excellent service! Room was immaculate and every associate that we came in contact with was friendly and courteous. My husband is in the army at Ft. Benning. It was very close to the base and many places to eat with any budget. We will be staying here everytime I go to visit.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
HIENL7336, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Columbus at Northlake, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
BPRuiettLange-

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of our property! We pride ourselves on the friendliness and helpfulness of our staff and our housekeeping department does a wonderful job of keeping all of our rooms looking fresh and new! We look forward to having you stay with us again, and please thank your husband for his service!
Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

What a great find!

Ultra-clean and super friendly staff. (without following you around like 'Igor') Having just come down to Columbus for a concert after a business trip in Manhattan, I found my room to be gigantic in contrast to the hotel in NYC I had just checked out of. The only thing at all I can think of that could use improvement is the quality of the provided toiletries. They were of the $49 dollar-a-night-hotel, quality and surely didn't fit at this level of a property.

In Summary... Super service, super clean, great value and tons of restaurants within walking distance.

Room Tip: Fifth Floor Rocks! (I was in 518)
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel! We are glad the friendliness of the staff and cleanliness of the rooms made such an impression on you! We are currently in the process of upgrading our amenities to Bath and Body Works products and should have the new products in place within the next couple of months. We hope to see you again the next time you are in town!
Saint Paul
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

In town for the School of Americas protest and associated discussions, I decided to stay at this location, which was at the very north end of town in a commercial area with a number of chain restaurants. It seemed safer than much of Columbus. The reception staff were very friendly and eager to please; they even checked on whether or not I liked the room after checking in. Generally speaking, the hotel seemed very new and clean. I had reserved a King Suite, which was really just a sitting area plus bed. It was well worth it, though; it had a fridge for my beer, a cabinet for my pistachios as well as a microwave in case I needed to warm up some hair removal wax. While the sofa already looked a little worn, it was comfortable, and I was able to lie back on it and watch television and drink beer. The bed was also comfy, and I slept very well. The bathroom was nice and spacious, although the amenities were way too basic (the shampoo didn't really lather). I did use the jacuzzi next to the gym, but when I first went down, I had to have someone open the door for me. The jets were not working properly; only one had any strength. Also, the door to the outside was not open (they could not find the key), so the room was really too hot for comfort. I did use the gym in the morning and thought the treadmill and available towels were very nice. The breakfast was plentiful with a choice of eggs, meat, biscuits and gravy, cereal, bagels and decent coffee (available 24 hours). The tables were made of granite and had nice chairs. Overall, I was impressed at how nice the hotel was and would come back to stay in a heartbeat.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and really appreciate all the wonderful compliments! Thank you also for your constructive feedback about the jacuzzi tub and also the amenities. Maintenance has been made aware of the issue you experience with the jacuzzi tub, and I'm pleased to announce that we are switching our amenities over to Bath and Body Works products within the next couple of months! We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in town!

Been to Holiday Inn Express Columbus at Northlake? Share your experiences!