“Housekeeping issues” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 46 Hotels in Columbus
Darby, Montana
“Housekeeping issues”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

I stayed here because of the reviews here and I have to say the people at the front dest were very personable and professional, The room was ok ( a little dated in the decor ) the issue comes with the standards of housekeeping at this place. One day you may get coffee in your room then you need to head out and buy your own, Towels....... I would say bring your own ( you really never know if they will hit your room ) OK if you are here for just a night then no real problem but if you are there for a few days or longer then just be ready to never have your sheets changed ( you know Save the planet stuff ) * Sorry but when I am paying over a $100 a night then you can change my sheets ( When I am at home I will change them on a weekly basis ) in a hotel I want that fresh sheet feel * Other than the housekeeping issues I would say this is not that bad of a place but I have stayed at better places.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
HIENL7336, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Columbus at Northlake, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about our property! Your feedback helps us know what areas within our hotel may need improvement. The housekeeping manager has been informed of your concerns and will address them with the staff.

We are happy to accommodate any special requests our guests may have, so in the future if you would prefer that we change your sheets daily, just ask the front desk staff and we will make it happen!

Thanks again for your review!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Efland, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

We ended up at this particular hotel sort of by accident. We were told to stay at the HIE in Columbus not realizing there was more than one. Anyway, I am so glad we ended up here! The hotel was very clean and quiet. The staff was friendly and helpful. We would definitely stay here again!!!!

Stonewall, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

I was surpised that my husband had picked this hotel. The main reasons was so many fine restaurants , gas stations and was near the I-185 to the Fort Benning base. Most important our son had return to the states from Agfan, a secret surprise reunion to me. Our room was on the fourth floor directly behind the elevator, no problem sleeping at night, no sounds noted from the elevator. Our room had a large window, facing the east, the morning sun was our alarm clock for our 3 nights stay. The breakfast were very satisfied at the many choices for each person. In making your own pancake was my husband's favorite, for me -it was the eggs- bacon or sauage, and biscults with gravy. Yummy!. Like most of all hotels, all the extra's were the same, clean landscape, room, and staff. One thing I did learn that I wasn't aware before; for 2 days we choose not to have new towels or sheets, so on the third day we learn from a cleaning lady they are not paid by the hours they work, but how many rooms she had clean on her shift. By me, thinking to save on the hotel water, I lost this woman wages by 2 days. I will remember this on the next hotel we will stay. Over all, this is a super place to stay.

Room Tip: Our room faced the east side, and overlook the swimming pool below.Good view of surrounding area. Ne...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

We got to the hotel before check in and stopped by the desk to see if there was a chance that some rooms were already open so we could check in early. There were none but the receptionist moved our room around so that it would be ready sooner. While she was doing that, we met the owner of the hotel who offered to put a DVD player in our room so we could rent movies (he had just ordered a few and hadn't started installing them in rooms yet). Furthermore, the owner and receptionist gave us great advice on where to eat and provided it us a $25 gift card to a restaurant that the owner had suggested. To top it all off, we were given an amazing military discount.
The room was clean and spacious and the hotel was quiet. The continental breakfast had Ll the usual items, but the food was good. I would stay here again in a heartbeat and highly recommend it to anyone looking for a good hotel in Columbus.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
El Paso, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

I stayed here with for my husband's Turning Blue ceremony and graduation from Fort Benning. My in laws were staying as well and that caused some confusion at the front desk. I received a key for my father-in-law's room and walked in on him taking a nap. I was just happy that it was someone I knew and not a stranger! Despite this initial clerical error, this hotel still deserves five stars. The beds were very comfortable. I stayed for three nights, the first of which I was by myself. As a young female adult I did not feel frightened or uneasy at all by being alone. The hotel area was safe with lot's of food and shopping in the immediate vicinity. The rooms were very clean, smelled nice, and the staff was incredibly friendly. This hotel is about twenty minutes from Fort Benning so make sure you plan ahead on the morning of any events. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

I had to take care of my granddaughter while her parents were moving. We stayed here, in a suite with 2 queen beds. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable, about what you would expect from this level of hotel. What made it a standout place to stay was the kindness and friendliness of the staff. They went out of their way to be helpful, especially when I was trying to let my one year old nap during the mornings. I would absolutely stay here again.

Rochester, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

We had a two night stay here, and were very pleased. It's a fairly new facility. In general, it was quite clean, and I did notice there were staff members frequently cleaning in the lobby, breakfast/reception and pool areas. My room could have been cleaner, as I found some evidence of a previous guest on the carpet (a clipping from a finger or toe nail!) and the bathroom floor needed a very good scrub. The first night we were there, I spilled some water on the bathroom floor. When I wiped it up with a paper towel, the towel was quite dirty, and I then noticed that the grout between the floor tiles was dirty. All the staff we encountered was genuinely friendly and helpful, which is a huge plus! The manager's reception was nice, we only wished it had been a bit longer as it was tough to hit that 45 minute window. We will definitely return here if we visit Columbus again.

Room Tip: Our rooms faced the parking lot and highway, and I never heard any noise at all!