“Not the Best” 2 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Columbus, Georgia
“Not the Best”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2011

Although I like Staybridge Suites this one does not live up to the standards that Holiday Inn corporate would be proud of. I checked in as a priority member, placed on a floor that the wall paper was coming off the walls and the staff never explained if the floor was under renovation or just problems or poorly maintained. All the cleaning staff does is empty the trash, make the bed and give you towels. I only had 2 small trash cans and none in the small kitchen. The breakfast had little variety and some of the bread was not fresh. This was my second stay I hoped it would be better but I will not be staying here in the future.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
North Augusta, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

We were in town for the state championships. When we checked in, our air conditioner was not working properly. We were offered another room, but decided to wait for maintenance. We were given a large fan and 2 bottles of wine, and the problem was resolved the following day.
The front desk staff always asked how our match was after playing, and we loved being able to wash our dirty tennis clothes in the free laundry. Breakfast was great. Definitely planning on staying here again next year!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

I elected to stay here this year on a business trip (I teach Property Management courses a couple of times a year) and was here for 6 days/5 nights (Sunday-Friday) in June 2011.
Chose this location to be closer to the classroom site and for the services/space the hotel had. Great breakfast each morning. Quite hotel, even when they got busy on Thursday/Friday for all of the Army School graduations at Ft. Benning, just down the road.
Decent internet speed for work, the wireless was just OK. Still B version at 11mbs. Should be upgraded to the new N speed. "B" wireless can only be called "High Speed" because it is not dial-up!
Finally, the ONLY complaint ... this hotel is NOT Smoke Free!!!
They allow smoking only in a few room that are all on the top floor. I always stay in the top floor of these low rise hotels because you never want the thundering herd above you. In this case, they did not tell me that the only smoking rooms were on the top floor. The hotel is shaped like the letter "L" and instead of having all of the smokers in one leg of the "L", they put them on side of the hall and non-smoking rooms on the other side. What genius thought that the smoke wouldn't know to cross the hall??? I thought that since I was going to be gone all day and most evenings it wouldn't bother me, but it did.
Make sure you stay on a fully NON-Smoking floor when staying here. Top floor wreaks of smoke in the hall as only chain smokers stay in the smoking rooms anymore. Ugh.

Room Tip: Lower floors are NON-smoking. Good construction and low sound transmission issues.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

We stayed for a weekend to visit our son while at basic training. From the moment we arrived till the moment we checked out we were treated like royalty. Katrina at the front desk was especially helpful with one problem we had at check in but she was able to solve the problem. Breakfast was great with a nice variety. Beds slept great, rooms were spacious, outdoor area was nice. Convenient to many things! We have already booked our nights for when our son graduates from basic training and AIT in August.

• Stayed July 2011
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2011

My family consisting of 7 plus were in Columbus for our son's graduation from Basic Training. The hotel has inspired me to write my first ever review. I have traveled all over the world with my retired Naval Officer husband and have never felt like writing a review. The Staybrifge was amamzing from beginning to end. I cannot remember the young lady that checked us in but I will be finding out. She handled a myriad of questions with professionalism,unmatched by many. Sherry your desserts and hospitality were like visiting in your home. Please make sure you eat her banana cake You have never tasted anything as good. The people in Ohio appreciate it already. The manager was so kind and was constantly making sure we felt comfortable. Noone will go wrong staying here. If you have a problem, its because you didn't ask someone to fix it. That would be the only reason something wasn't taken care of. Rest assured we can't wait to come back and stay in July

• Stayed May 2011
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2010

Long gone are the days when people had to sacrifice comfort/cleanliness for price. Nowadays many travelers, myself included PREFER to stay at a staybridge like this one over a high-end hotel.
This staybridge is clean, quiet, and staffed with friendly folks. The breakfast is actually pretty terrific. Homemade (self-serve) belgian waffles, scrambled eggs, hardboiled eggs, sausage, fried chicken patties, corned beef hash, home fries, cereal, and pastries. Of course, that's all included in the price of the room. Want to get that at a marriott? It'll set you back like 50 bucks.
Internet is fast and free.
The bridgemart is always crucial, and contains many snacks and sundries that are NOT overpriced.
This staybridge has a home theatre which is pretty cool, I brought beer and snacks and watched reservoir dogs. You can also borrow DVDs and watch it in your room.
The rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable.
Some jackwagon kept calling my room and hanging up close to check out time; I suspect it was housekeeping checking to see if I've left yet.
The hotel is next door to a liquor store, and close by many restaurants.
It also has a fitness center, outdoor pool, laundry facility.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Clarksville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2010

This hotel was wonderful. I could not believe everything that was included with our stay and we got a great military rate. This hotel, I feel is the best in terms of value. My husband 2 boys and our big boxer dog all stayed here comfortably FOR 2 WEEKS when PCSing (moving) from Hawaii. The room was very clean the beds super comfy the full kitchen had everything you could ever need down to dish soap. I liked how the vanity area was separate from the shower..it really was spacious with a closet to store your things.
The free breakfast buffet was amazing it was NOT the typical muffins and juice alot of hotels serve and call breakfast. Staybridge had everything from biscuits and gravy to eggs,yogurt and a waffel station. We saved so much money on the breakfast alone..there buffet was the same quality as going to a resturant. Coffee and tea were avaliable free 24 hours. It is free to use the washer and dryer...another big money saver..they have meet and greets at dinner time 3 days a week with free food and drinks. Yet again saving money.

The lobby is beautiful they have a movie room you can get videos for free. The staff is amazing from the manager to housekeeping. I honestly can not say enough wonderful things about this hotel. It was relaxing and quite yet friendly and upbeat . I didn't want to leave. The hotel room doors even look like they have a porch light how cute is that!!!!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family

Been to Staybridge Suites Columbus Ft. Benning? Share your experiences!