I'm a little late getting this done but here goes.
I had my wedding at this hotel on 2 September 2012 (yes, Labor Day) and I cannot say enough good things about it. I have done business with this hotel for a few years for work and when I went to find a site to get married and have a reception, I inquired here. I had dealt with Amanda Ryals (Area Director of Sales) in the past when I had personnel come to the Columbus area for business so I contacted her when I needed an estimate on having my wedding and reception there. She handed me off to her wedding coordinator, Gayla Johnson and we started working the details. Long story short, Gayla and Amanda were able to get all the details I wanted at the right price so I booked my wedding and reception with them instead of another venue in Columbus.
All the pre-planning was done effortlessly and I got GREAT room rates for all the family coming from out of town. One small thing I didn't care for was a last minute change (literally a week before the wedding) from Gayla to another person as my point of contact for all wedding and reception plans. It seems Gayla was about to take another position within the Hilton Garden Inn and Natalie was her replacement. This worried me a bit as I don't like to deal with certain people for months and at the last minute have that person hand it off to someone else but again, the staff was very professional and the wedding went off without a hitch and Natalie did a great job. The hotel let us in at 8am the morning of the wedding to start setting up our decorations in the Azalea room (they would have let us do it the night before but they had another wedding that night). They were always very helpful in getting items we needed and even let my bride to be use a room to get ready before the wedding which they didn't have to do.
The wedding was held outside and it went off without a hitch and the reception was equally smooth. Natalie was always around if needed and that was good to see although we really didn't run into any problems since the staff there had a handle on this event from the moment we signed the contract.
We had a buffet style dinner and everyone that attended mentioned how good the food was and how much there was. Hat's off to the chef and catering staff on that one.
All our families that stayed at the hotel had great experiences with their rooms and the hotel staff.
I cannot say enough good things about this hotel and especially the staff. Amanda Ryals is the epitome of what a Sales Director should be. Gayla and Natalie were superb in planning and coordinating the wedding and reception.
I would not hesitate to have another occasion at this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience True Southern Hospitality nestled in a tranquil lake setting. The hotel features a Full Service Restaurant and Lounge; indoor pool; business center and a 3000 sq ft ballroom for special occasions. Come see for yourself! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Tingo, Hilton Hotels, BookingOdigeoWL, HotelsClick, Venere and Otel so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Columbus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Columbus Hotel Columbus
- Hilton Columbus
- Columbus Hilton Garden Inn