“Outstanding Wedding and Service” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Double HHonors Points
Ranked #15 of 45 Hotels in Columbus
Fortson, GA
“Outstanding Wedding and Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I'm a little late getting this done but here goes.
I had my wedding at this hotel on 2 September 2012 (yes, Labor Day) and I cannot say enough good things about it. I have done business with this hotel for a few years for work and when I went to find a site to get married and have a reception, I inquired here. I had dealt with Amanda Ryals (Area Director of Sales) in the past when I had personnel come to the Columbus area for business so I contacted her when I needed an estimate on having my wedding and reception there. She handed me off to her wedding coordinator, Gayla Johnson and we started working the details. Long story short, Gayla and Amanda were able to get all the details I wanted at the right price so I booked my wedding and reception with them instead of another venue in Columbus.
All the pre-planning was done effortlessly and I got GREAT room rates for all the family coming from out of town. One small thing I didn't care for was a last minute change (literally a week before the wedding) from Gayla to another person as my point of contact for all wedding and reception plans. It seems Gayla was about to take another position within the Hilton Garden Inn and Natalie was her replacement. This worried me a bit as I don't like to deal with certain people for months and at the last minute have that person hand it off to someone else but again, the staff was very professional and the wedding went off without a hitch and Natalie did a great job. The hotel let us in at 8am the morning of the wedding to start setting up our decorations in the Azalea room (they would have let us do it the night before but they had another wedding that night). They were always very helpful in getting items we needed and even let my bride to be use a room to get ready before the wedding which they didn't have to do.
The wedding was held outside and it went off without a hitch and the reception was equally smooth. Natalie was always around if needed and that was good to see although we really didn't run into any problems since the staff there had a handle on this event from the moment we signed the contract.
We had a buffet style dinner and everyone that attended mentioned how good the food was and how much there was. Hat's off to the chef and catering staff on that one.
All our families that stayed at the hotel had great experiences with their rooms and the hotel staff.
I cannot say enough good things about this hotel and especially the staff. Amanda Ryals is the epitome of what a Sales Director should be. Gayla and Natalie were superb in planning and coordinating the wedding and reception.
I would not hesitate to have another occasion at this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Zionsville, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

We booked my sons wedding rehearsal dinner with this property, and booked several rooms for all of our out of town guests (which was everyone) through the weekend. The property was convenient, very clean, great ammenities, and an absolutely beautiful and calm setting with a pond and outdoor terraces on which to enjoy our family and friends. We can not be happier with how everything turned out, from the rooms to the rehearsal dinner event. The banquet room was lovely, but what really made the event was the spectacular (homemade) food and convenience for all the guests.

Our entire family is from across the US, and the groom is from another area outside Atlanta, so we heavily relied on assistance from the Sales Manager, Gayla Johnson to help us out from the long distance. Every time I talked with Gayla she was very calming and reassuring that all would be taken care of, and it was! She was my right hand guiding me to the appropriate vendors, menu, rooms, and everything in between. I can not thank her enough for all that she did, and always with a smile on her face.

The entire staff was very willing to make anything right so that our weekend could be the special event that it was, thanks to all of you !

IndyMom

Room Tip: Request a pond side room if staying longer than one night
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
amandaryals, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Columbus, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you for allowing our hotel and staff to be a part of such a special family event! We take great pride in knowing that we will be a part of great memories for years to come. We appreciate you taking the time to share with us your comments and know they will be passed along to all of our team members as well. Please keep us in mind for future events and we wish you and your family much happiness on the new addition to your family!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

We only stayed here one night, but will definitely stay here again. Check-in was easy and fast. The staff we encountered were all friendly. Our room was clean and larger than I expected. I wish breakfast was included due to the high price of the room, but it was as to be expected when staying at Hilton. Finding a nice hotel in Columbus can be difficult, but this one is nice and clean and on a pretty piece of property.

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you so much for taking to the time to share with us how your experience was here at the Hilton Garden Inn. We think we have an amazing hotel with amazing staff - but, it means the world hearing it from our guests! Please allow us to be your hotel of choice should you travel our way again!
Newnan, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

The location of this hotel is excellent, the property is beautiful. I was ready to go to bed and pulled back the sheets to find that something had been spilled in the bed by the previous guest and housekeeping had obviously not changed the sheets and simply made up the bed with the dirty sheets. The floors had not been vaccumed. Housekeeping was notified and responded immediately, which I appreciated. The 2nd day of my stay the floors still had not been vaccumed. Evidently housekeeping needs some closer supervision.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Ted C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Columbus, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
I appreciate your feedback on your recent stay with us. I'm glad to hear that you were so pleased with our hotel's location and setting. I will look into the situation regardig your bed sheets so we can ensure that other guests will not have that same experience. That is very atypical of our hotel, but I am glad that the team responded to your situation so quickly. Please come see us again when your travels bring you to Columbus!
Pickering, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

I recently spent 2 nights at the Hilton Garden Inn on a business trio to the Columbus area. The hotel is nicely appointed with very friendly staff.

The hotel is located in a modern business park, close to a main thorough way, shopping and restaurants.

The rooms were nice, clean and mostly comfortable. The only issue i had with the room was the bed: there was a large lump almost in the middle of the king sized bed, but i was able to get a decent nights sleep.

The hotel does have a nice looking pool, but was too tired to use it.

My stay included breakfast on both mornings. The food was very good. It included fruit, cereal, breads, sausage, bacon and made to order eggs and omelets.

Again , the staff were super friendly. I will probably need to visit the area again and plan on staying here.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
amandaryals, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Columbus, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Thank you so very much for allowing our hotel to be of service to you! We value your comments and look forward to your returning to our hotel in the near future! Thank you again for choosing the HGI!
NE
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

I was in town on business in Columbus and always stay at Hilton properties. Chose this one based on other Tripadvisor reviews. The property sits on a beautiful little lake and is a way from the crowd in a business park. Lots of space outdoors to sit, chat or have a drink. The front desk staff were very friendly and efficient. The room is spacious, but appears dated. Just updating the telephone to one that isn't totally faded would make the room appear newer. Or a newer/more modern desks/lamp. And you don't get a special adjustable bed unless you stay in a King room for those that care. The rooms do come with a mini fridge and microwave whihc is great.

The hotel has a indoor pool and very small exercise room.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your comments! Please know we appreciate your feedback and hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future!
Oakville Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

My family and I recently visited Columbus on our way to another destination. We were only staying one night and decided to stay at Hilton Garden Inn. The setting for the Inn is one of the best I have ever seen. It is located in an upscale business area and has a large pond by the hotel. This setting made for a very relaxing arrival and stay. The staff were outstanding espically the breakfast staff, they went out of their way to take good care of the children. The rooms were comfortable and clean. I would recommend this location to anybody travelling to Columbus GA.

Room Tip: We stayed in a suite but I feel that all rooms in this location would provide a great stay
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
amandaryals, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Columbus, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
Thank you so very much for allowing our hotel to be of service to you. We hope that when traveling back to the area you will choose our hotel once again!

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Columbus? Share your experiences!