“Great location and experience” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$25 Dining Gift Card
Ranked #1 of 46 Hotels in Columbus
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Great location and experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

Like new. Close to the museum and parade grounds. Worth the cost. Ideal for an out of town military wedding. I never sleep well at hotels but more due to being off schedule. Mattress was great. Hint - unfold the decorative folding of the pillows. They are actually rectangular but presented as a square.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Cindy M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbus/South Fort Benning, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
thank you for your review. We really enjoy having the wedding groups in house, because it's such a happy time for the group. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and I hope you'll come and stay with us again

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Midland, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

You won't find this magnitude of hospitality anywhere else you go. The staff here goes beyond just doing their job well. They treat everyone like family, and go out of their way to make guests feel welcome and at home.

We stayed there for 10 days during a PCS move to Fort Benning, and I only wish we could have stayed longer. When we first arrived, the front desk helped us get a non-smoking room even though there were none available for the time period we wanted. As soon as someone cancelled, she called us up and squared it away.

The lady who runs the breakfast is awesome - she slipped us fresh cookies for the kids every morning, and even brought out extra food for us when we came in 20 minutes late once.

Jennifer, a staff member, even surprised our three-year-old son with a present and card for his birthday, along with a gift for our six year old. I mean, seriously – who does that?

The room service ladies wrote notes to us in the room to ensure we were staying comfortable, and almost always waited until we were gone to come by and take care of the room.

We will most definitely be going back, and will recommend this Hotel to all our friends who may someday stay in the Fort Benning area. At $83 per night, you couldn’t get more for your TLE dollars anywhere else. Book early, because they fill up fast!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for such a great review. We loved having the boys around and I hope you'll bring them back to see us again. Jennifer is a great member of my team and I'm thankful for having her , Please come see us again.......
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

My wife and I visited Ft. Benning recently for our sons graduation from the US Army Infantry School, and were very happy with our stay at the Hampton Inn. Having graduated there myself 25 years ago and having memories of the hotels/motels on V-Drive, I wasn't expecting to find anything too comfortable in the immediate vicinity of Ft. Benning. My wife found this hotel and I thought, "Well, it's close to post and newer...", so we booked a two queen suite, and overally I was very happy we booked here.

Getting to the hotel was easier than I expected, being a quick hop off the expressway (in fact, traffic on V-Drive was never an issue during our stay). Check in was swift and efficient, and the staff were very friendly and helpful. The hotel itself is well appointed, clean, and has a more "sportsman's lodge" feel to it. The vending area is separate from the hallways, so you don't get the echoes down the hall when folks are getting ice, etc... The business center is set up well, and although we didn't use the fitness room it looked well enough equipped and clean. The hotel location was good, as getting to Sand Hill was a quick drive, and being next door to the NIM and graduation parade ground was very nice perk.

Concerning the room, when we got to the suite, it was one large room with a desk in the middle as a divider, so it was very spacious. The room was clean and appeared well maintained, including the bathroom and shower, and the beds were firm enough that both my wife (she could sleep on concrete) and I (prefer softer due to shoulder/neck issues) were comfortable and got good rest. We reserved a suite because I knew my son would have a duffle bag's worth of issue with him, and to be honest, he deserved a queen bed even if it was only used Friday night after graduation (since they have to go back to the barracks after the Turning Blue pass). After Turning Blue, his unit had them take all their issue with them, so the unused part of the suite was storage for all his stuff, and that extra space was appreciated.

One quick tip; if your soldier is returning home with you for leave or is ARNG, bring an extra suitcase; he will get free baggage from the airlines, and he WILL need the extra space, believe me.

The breakfasts were good, and for the money they were well above average. I've stayed in other Hampton Inn's in the past few years for college visits and other travel, and seen sad hot breakfast offerings, to the point mermite eggs and ham were better. At the NIM Hampton Inn, they did an above average job with the eggs and sausage gravy, but keep your expectations realistic; this is a hotel, not Denny's or Bob Evans. I will say the muffins were excellent, there was plenty of yogurt and cereal, and the coffee was very good. I honestly find it incredible to read reviews dinging the breakfast, and think some people lack perspective when they complain about that breakfast given they're paying in the $125 range a night. My family never left the hotel hungry or wanting in the morning, and I'm used to international travel on a banks dime (i.e. I stay and eat well), so my hats off to the Hampton Inn staff. Nuff said.

In summary, I was surprised to not see a Sergeant Major running the place as clean and well run as it was. Being a part of the National Infantry Museum area it shouldn't have surprised me, but at the end of the day I can think of no better place to stay if you have business on post. If we return for any more graduations (Airborne, etc...) I'll have my reservations at the Hampton Inn made well in advance. Thanks to the staff for the great stay!

Room Tip: For the money, book early and go with a suite.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for the kind words about the staff and the property. I hope we will see you again if ya'll have to come back for another graduation.,,,
Fayetteville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

This hotel is new so everything is clean and well kept. There were no issues with my stay. Rooms are fresh and relaxing. Staff is very friendly and helpful. The hotel has a tremendous parking lot and secured. It is located next to the Army Infantry museum which is an excellent venture to visit. Do not past up visiting this museum. it is filled with a lot of our Servicemen's history. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Cindy M, Manager at Hampton Inn Columbus/South Fort Benning, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Thank you for staying with us..... I thank you so much for your business and I hope to see you again at Hampton Ft. Benning!
West Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

Stayed here while attending my nephews graduation at Ft. Benning. This hotel will get you as close as you can possibly be to the grounds. Right next to the museum (that is a MUST SEE).
Hotel stay was wonderful. Very eye-appealing, check in area and lounge area were very clean, staff were friendly and very helpful, rooms were immaculate and beds and pillows were very comfortable. Will definitely stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your response on trip. I "m so glad you picked us to stay with and I hope in your future travels that you'll choose us again!
Winston Salem, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

While looking for a hotel to stay for our son's graduation from Airborne school, I found this Hampton Inn on TripAdvisor. And all the positive reviews were true! It's very clean, great location, and good breakfast. And do visit the Museum next door while in Columbus! Would definitely stay here again if ever in Columbus again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us .... I 'm so glad you enjoyed everything about your stay and I hope you will come back and stay again with us....
Lamar, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

I would recommend this hotel if you are going to see someone graduate from Ft. Benning. It is close to the gates of Sand Hill and within walking distance to the museum and graduation. The breakfast was not the best; gravy really thick; eggs watery; fruit had no taste. The rooms are clean, but a little small compared to the pictures. The staff is awesome! Very friendly and helpful.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for doing a review. We take your reviews and try to improve on things that we didn't meet your needs on. I will correct the issues you had with breakfast and i'm so sorry you didn't enjoy that part of your stay. On the other hand I'm so glad the staff took care of you.. please come back and stay with us again when you come back to Columbus.

Been to Hampton Inn Columbus/South Fort Benning? Share your experiences!