“Love it!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Seafood, Hamburgers
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Located in North Columbus, Mark's City Grill prides itself on serving uniquely pleasing dishes with extraordinary flavor. Some choose our meatloaf, mashed potatoes with a side of green beans or the newest addition to our burger family - the Buffalo Burger, battered, deep fried, tossed in hot sauce, with lettuce, tomato, fried pickles, served with ranch or bleu cheese. Food connoisseurs drool over our Shrimp & Grits and everyone enjoys our Pounded Pork Cutlet with broccoli casserole and collard greens. For that quick meal we have several sandwiches such as our Southwestern Chicken Sandwich, or for the lighter side of Mark's opt for one of our several hearty salad options. Of course, don't miss our nightly fish specials, region's best steaks or house specialty, Peanut Butter Pie! No matter what you choose we promise, we'll keep you coming back to experience the genuine taste and hospitality of Mark's City Grill.
Singleton, Australia
“Love it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Favourite place in Columbus GA and prices are great too.

Highly recommend the Lobster Tots, yummiest sauce that comes with them too.

Burgers are also amazing!

Augusta, Georgia
“Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

Everything was good. Could've made a meal out of appetizers. Pounded pork cutlet was delicious and enough food to get full. Steak tips might be my favorite, but there's many more things left on the menu to try. Will visit again next time through Columbus.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Columbus, GA
“Noisy, freezing cold, nice selection of comfort food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

We went about 8 pm on a weeknight, not very busy but so noisy we couldn't hear what our waitress had to say. Lots of people had chosen to sit at the bar, and with TVs all around, it had the feeling of a sports bar. Wine was $7.50 per glass, so we skipped it.

Despite some good daily specials in the $22-25 range, we both selected regular menu items, the Country Captain and the shrimp and grits. Shrimp and grits was very rich, with a cream sauce and Andouille sausage, but it was delicious. Country Captain was pretty tame -- my portion had one caper in it. Corn muffins were quite buttery but had some sort of sweetener in them. The side of string beens was cooked just right and dripping in butter -- you decide.

We were seated right away and found the service fine, but given the time it took to prepare our order of regular menu items most likely prepared in advance, I'm thinking it would be pretty slow on a busy night.

If you like the sports-bar vibe, go there for a beer with a burger or a steak. For a special occasion, I'd go downtown.

• Visited June 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, Georgia
“Surprisingly good, comfort food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

I happened upon this restaurant while on business in Columbus. I had no idea what to expect when I walked in, hot, tired and hungry after a long drive. It was noisy inside, and I was ignored for a few, so I sat at the counter and had a delicious (strong!) ice tea. Not much for meat eating, I found the menu had many veggies and other choices to order from. I chose the grits, collards and fried shrimp plate. I actually had the same meal twice, 2 days in a row. Both times the portions were large and filling. Their grits must have either sour cream and/or mayo; while I tend to be a purist when it comes to grits, these were quite acceptable. They were cooked to perfection, as were the collards (although both were too salty), and the fried shrimp was cooked just right and very tasty. A corn muffin was included and it all hit the spot! The second time I ordered the same plate, it was hard to believe the grits were even saltier than the day before, the collards also very salty, and the shrimp had too much coating on to be enjoyed as much as the previous day. I would recommend giving Mark's City Grill a try. I would give it another go next time I am in Columbus. I am giving this restaurant 3 stars. One off for not being greeted at the door even though there were very few diners, and another off for overly salted food. When will a good chef finally stop being so heavy-handed when it comes to salt and butter? Otherwise, a decent experience, all things considered.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Columbus, Georgia
“Great fun & Casual Dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

The family that brings you Hunter's Pub is taking over the Columbus Restaurant scene! Once again they have established an atmosphere where the staff seems happy to be there and it shows in great service, excellent food and reasonable prices. It has turned into quite the afterwork place to grab a drink and a bite so it can be quite boisterous.

• Visited March 2014