“Wasted Time and over priced” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Phenix City, Alabama
“Wasted Time and over priced”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

A group of 12 friends met there tonight, I had made reservations in advance, they had pushed two round tables together so two individuals had to eat in the crevice mad by the adjoined tables.
We gave our orders and then waited nearly one hours (55 minutes before the first two persons got their meals and then another 10 minutes before the rest of the party got their meals.
My wife and I had the Blush Tortilinni with shrimp and sausage ($15.00 ea.). No other sides (soup or salad with meal). My wife had two shrimps and I had three shrimps. My sausage (6 about the size of pingpong balls) was black and crusty on one side (as if it had been left alone and started to char before it was noticed). The sauce was tasteless.
Needless to say with slow service, tasteless food, my wife and I shall not return.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Alabama
“Unremarkable”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2012

Totally and utterly unremarkable. The food wasn't good, wasn't bad. The service was a little slow and the ambiance was scant. If they had merely billed themselves as a pizza and pasta joint I wouldn't be too hard on them. But I resent the fact that they essentially threw feta cheese on some of their dishes and call it "Mediterranean."

The fried raviolis were okay, but tasted like they came from the frozen section of Wally World. The homemade pita bread was decent, but nothing to rave about. The Greek salad was small. We had the meat pizza - the thin crust wasn't soggy, wasn't crisp. The standard peperoni, sausage, and beef tasted exactly that, standard. I had the lamb gyro platter which, if you're going to bill yourself as a Mediterranean restaurant better be pretty darn good. However, the spices on the lamb was rather bland. They were chincy with the Tzatziki sauce and the kalamata olives tasted exactly like the ones you can buy from Wally World, which is to say, not very good. I had a better gyro sandwich from a dingy hole in the wall place in Germany. The mashed potato side I had was real mashed potatoes (not from powder) which is a point in their favor, but they were a little sweet, which made them not delicious.

We will not be going back. There are better places to spend our money and calories.

• Visited February 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Columbus, GA
“Home cooked Mediterranean food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011

My husband, daughter and I enjoyed a fabulous meal at Wood Stone Restaurant. It was a first visit with many more to follow. To start we had the Calamari with marinara, which was lightly breaded and cooked to perfection. We also ordered that night’s special appetizer of fried ravioli, also divine! My daughter ordered the fattoush, which was too “green” for her, but I enjoyed it. Fattoush is a finely chopped salad with lettuce, parsley, tomatoes, onions, and pita bread tossed in fresh lemon, garlic and olive oil. For dinner my husband had the blush tortellini with shrimp and scallops, the shrimp and scallops were huge! My daughter ordered the chicken marsala and I had the pesto cream penne with shrimp. Originally my order came out served with chicken and I reminded our waitress I had ordered shrimp, she immediately went to the kitchen and soon returned with a salad sized bowl FULL of cooked shrimp, again huge shrimp and enough to share with the family. I had enough to take home and enjoy the next day again for lunch. The service was very attentive and the specials all sounded wonderful, we had a hard time deciding on our meal choices but were all very pleased. Can’t wait for our next trip for dinner or lunch! I really want to go back and try their pizzas too, I have heard they are really good!

• Visited December 2011