“Absolutely fabulous” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 46 Hotels in Columbus
clinton, indiana
“Absolutely fabulous”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2011

My daughter, friend, and myself stayed at this hotel 3/24 to 3/27. We were there to visit my daughter's boyfriend at Ft. Benning. The hotel was located so that our trip to the base was easy. I must say that this was one of the most pleasant hotels I have ever stayed at. From the moment I checked in to the minute I checked out, I was pleased with the hotel and its staff.
Our rooms were clean, spacious, and comfortable. We had no trouble getting assistance from housekeeping with extra towels and aminities. Tina, our housekeeper, was so friendly and helpful. She provided us with local sites to see and information on back ways to those sites that made them easy to find. She spent time making sure our stay was good and she was so funny. Thanks, Tina.
The front desk person was funny and welcoming each time we entered and left the hotel. I was welcomed and wished a good day everytime I left and asked if I had a good day when I returned. Talk about southern hospitality.
The breakfast was really good.
I am planning to return to Columbus for bootcamp graduation and I will be returning to this hotel.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2011

Let me start by saying I have never stayed at a Wingate before and I will never stay at another one in my lifetime. This was by far the worst hotel stay I have ever had and I have stayed at quite a few. From check in to check out and inbetween was a nightmare. I checked in at 10:30 at night only to find my TV did not work. I was told it was unplugged and would need to be plugged in, what? I couldn't turn the light off without turning the TV off because of the way the switch was wired. My room connected to the room next door with a locked door. My neighbor snored so loudly I felt as if a lawn service was cutting the grass in my room all night long every night I was there. I asked to move to another room and was told they were all sold out and no rooms were available due to an air show that weekend.

Construction started bright and early Friday and Saturday morning all day long. The halls were blocked with workers, cords and housekeeping carts. Not to mention the jackhammer and drills going non-stop throughout the entire day. What a complete nightmare.

Upon check out, I left my robe on the hook in the bathroom, I called immediately to get it retrieved but was told it was never turned in. I was assured that housekeeping cleans all rooms thoroughly after check-out and they would have found it, really? Then why wasn't my robe turned in to lost and found if the room was cleaned so thoroughly by housekeeping - did they take it and maybe forget to turn it in? The staff at this facility was absolutely the worst I have ran across in years.

I have decided if you pay less, you get less and this was the case at the Wingate in Columbus Georgia - NEVER, EVER again. I will make sure that everyone I come in contact with knows this. Fortunately, I work in this industry so you better believe my voice will be heard loud and clear. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone I know - EVER!!!!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
Bluefield, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2011

We stayed in this hotel due to the ratings on Tripadvisor and we were not disappointed.
We have never stayed at a Wyndham hotel before, but this will not be the last time.
We prepaid for our rooms online to save about $20 a night. Check-in was no problem at all. The desk staff was extremely friendly. The room was clean and everything worked properly including the wifi. I have had problems with wifi in other hotels, but there were no problems at all here. This was very important to me because I am in college and needed to do reports while I was here.
The fitness center has three pieces of equipment in it and a whirlpool. All the
equipment worked properly. There was a sign posted that there was free use of the
equipment at Gold's Gym but I was not interested in that.
The outdoor pool was closed this time of year, so I cannot rate it. However, it looked
really nice.
The breakfast is the best that we have ever been offered at a hotel. Not only were there
waffles, donuts, pastries, coffee and biscuits, but there was sausage, bacon, eggs, cappucino and juices as well. Very nice.
The staff here is incredible and seem very willing to do anything to please.
I certainly cannot recommend this hotel enough.
hot chocolate

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Syracuse, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2010

This was our first trip to Georgia and the first time we have stayed at a Wingate Hotel. We were impressed from the get go. We arrived very early and luckily they had a room available. The room was spacious and very, very clean. The beds were very comfortable, in fact I usually do not sleep well in hotels, but this was an exception. The staff and housekeeping were very accommodating. I had asked for extra towels from a housekeeper and she told me I had to go to the front desk . I never did ask the front desk, but when we came back there were extra towels in the bathroom, very nice service. We are returning in November and December and plan on staying there again. We have also recommended it to my parents and they will be staying there in November as well because of the good review.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2009

Good value, clean, friendly staff, best hotel breakfast ever included eggs, waffles, bacon, sausage, fruit, etc. Spacious room, comfy bed. Totally satisfied, stayed 3 days.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Hudson Valley
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2009

I stayed here for 2 nights on a business trip. I have never stayed at this name hotel, so I didn't know what to expect. I was very impressed, comparing it to the better Holiday Inn Expresses I ahve stayed at. One feature I haven't encountered much, was an in room safe, good enough at an angle for a 14in laptop and other items.

The room was very clean and comfortable. The wirelss internet was spottty in speed, but fine when I hard connected. The tub/shower seemed a bit narrower than most, bust still a roomy bathroom overall.

This is a fine choice at a reasonable price in the Columbus area

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2009

Everyone in my group loved this hotel. The hotel staff is the nicest I have ever encountered...especially the cleaning ladies. The beds are very comfortable and the rooms are clean. The location is fine. The only negative is I didn't have a Do Not Disturb tag and I got a knock on the door at 9:00 am for cleaning.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Columbus / Fort Benning? Share your experiences!