“Not quite up to par” 3 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Monroe, Louisiana
“Not quite up to par”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

Check in was very slow, even though prior arrangements have been made. Internet very slow, was told they are in process of installing wifi. The afternoon we left the air freshener in the lobby was too strong. I am an asthmatic and could smell in in our room with the door shut.

• Stayed May 2013
CISManagementTeam, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Columbus, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Dear “cajunroadwarrior” ..
Thank you for sharing your experience with us, as it helps to direct us to the areas in need of refreshment and attention. We do also thank you for giving our hotel the honor of your visit and we do sincerely apologize that you were not satisfied with your stay. We are working diligently to increase our internet speed and WiFi strength as this is an important amenity for our guests. Your concerns are very important to us and we invite you to contact the hotel directly to work towards a solution together, should there be an opportunity to assist you again in the future. As TripAdvisor offers confidentiality, we are limited as to what information we can research about your stay. That said, we do understand that every guest is different and each has different preferences and needs. We do strive with all of our best efforts to offer our utmost to each and every one of our guests. Once again, we are truly sorry for the inconveniences. We hope to hear from you and wish you the very best in all of your future travels.
cx_clbs@countryinns.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

I stayed here 3 nights and I must say that the room accommodation was nice for the price, which was a military rate. The room appeared clean, oh so spacious to include a living room type area. The staff went over and above my expectations by shuttling me to pick up my vehicle @ the local dealership; also by serving as my own GPS each time I got lost in the area. I would call Shannon at the front desk and she'd tell me the way. Breakfast was good and there was a variety. The only minor nuisance would have been that that you could hear the pipes "sing" when the water was in use next door. BTW, I didn't have a reservation; the area was virtually sold out of rooms due to events in the City, however this hotel managed to get me a room. The bed was plush and awesomely comfortable. I didn't use room service much but they came around daily. Overall, I was truly pleased with this hotel and would certainly recommend it for your stay.

Room Tip: Room 211. That's where I stayed. Get it or one just like it; Use your military rate, AARP rate...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
CISManagementTeam, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Columbus, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Dear Sandy B:
What an honor to receive a “5*/Exceptional Staff, Great Stay” review! We are delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us and we are very grateful for your review! We truly strive to be helpful to our guests and offer the utmost conveniences to all that we have the pleasure of accommodating. We have a wonderful team and I appreciate you sharing these specific praises! Thank you again for sharing your encouraging review with us and our future guests. We appreciate YOU and we look forward to your next arrival!
Happy travels!
Columbus, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

being a soldier in the U.S. Army, i love my weekends. whenever i get the chance to get away for a bit, this is the hotel i choose. not only is the pricing a total deal, but it's in a prime location. exit 10 is where all the restaurants and stores are around here, and the country inn is just 2 exits down from there. basically, if you're visiting Columbus to either see a loved one from fort benning, or to just see Columbus, the country inn and suites is the best hotel to stay at. free coffee and breakfast too. listen to me smalls, this is where it's at!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
CISManagementTeam, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Columbus, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear Boston B .. WOW! Thank you for your kind and helpful review! We are encouraged by the compliments you extended to us and extremely grateful! We are elated that you had such a wonderful experience and we happily welcome you back anytime! THANK YOU again for sharing your encouraging review with us and our future guests. Many thanks & happy travels! Country Inn & Suites Team
Albany, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Location very close to everthing. Need to make earlier reservations to insure a handicap room availlable. Hotel staff very polite and helpful. The access road sign was difficult to see. It was in a very congested area and the signs where behind some bushes. Grandchildren loved the pool.. Thanks for the hospitatlity and cleanliness

Room Tip: 7 miles from town
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
CISManagementTeam, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Columbus, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear “william_cuff” ..
Thank you for your visit and your review which is incredibly helpful to us and our future travelers! We cannot say THANK YOU enough! We are glad that you and your grandchildren enjoyed our pool and our hotel. Thank you for your compliments of our team … we work diligently to earn reviews like yours! We look forward to your next visit with us!
Wishing you safe & happy travels – Country Inn & Suites Team
Ocala, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Made reservations here months in advance for our son's graduation at Ft. Benning. Saw many of the reviews here, and was a bit leary of what we might encounter. Happy to say we had a very positive experience. We found all desk staff to be kind and friendly. The lady who is in charge of the daily breakfast offerings was especially nice and attentive. The room was clean and comfortable, and we found the overall appearance of the hotel to be fine. Breakfast was very generous and well maintained. We were able to check in early with no questions asked, and checkout is not until noon. If we need to revisit the Ft. Benning area, we would definitely stay at this motel again. The hotel is just off I-185, which is the main road into Ft. Benning, and it only took about 10 minutes to travel back and forth from one to the other.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
CISManagementTeam, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Columbus, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
Dear 'PAboyinFL' ..
We are so happy to learn that you had "a pleasant, stress free stay" with us! We truly strive to be helpful to our guests and offer the utmost conveniences to all that we have the pleasure of accommodating. Thank you for sharing your experiences with us and our future guests! Thank you for choosing our hotel and we look forward to having you stay with us again! If you haven't already, please become a Club Carlson Member to earn points towards future stays.
Happy Travels & Many Thanks!
Birmingham, AL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I was in charge of arranging a business meeting in Columbus, and I called several locations around town for the best accommodations for the best rate. I reserved the meeting room and a guest room for 2 days/nights. The front desk staff was very courteous and cheery, even though I checking in at 10:00 pm. My guest room was very clean, and even though it was close to the elevator and there was a high school basketball tournament in town, there was very little noise. The meeting room was large enough to accommodate 35 people, and although it did get a little warm and musty with all those people, the hotel staff did a great job of welcoming everyone as they came in and pointing them in the right direction. I have already made my reservations for my next 2 meetings in town!

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
CISManagementTeam, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Columbus, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear 'Jennifer M' ... We are delighted to learn that you were fully satisfied in your decision to stay with us! We are honored that you chose us and very grateful for this review! We have a wonderful team and I appreciate you sharing these specific praises. Please be sure to come back again soon as you will always be welcomed here! If you haven't already, please become a Club Carlson Member to earn points towards future stays. Happy travels to you! -Country Inn & Suites Team
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I had posted a review for the other Country Inn & Suites in Columbus, and I'm sure that's a very nice place, too, but I actually stayed at the Country Inn & Suites on Fountain Ct. in Columbus. It was one of the most pleasant experiences I've ever had at a hotel! Kalvin and Shannon were particularly helpful in guiding me through the reservation process (I'd never booked a hotel before; my hubby always did that), and they welcomed me as if we were old friends when I got there. The whole staff was pleasant and kind, the rooms, dining room, and grounds were clean, and the breakfast was delicious. There are fresh cookies and hot coffee or hot chocolate all day long, and we enjoyed that, too. When my son, who is in the Army at Ft. Benning got there, they thanked him for his sacrifice and spent time talking with him. I'm staying there again in early May and can't wait to catch up with everyone. Thank you!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Suzzanne50:
WOW! What an honor to receive a “5*/Best Hotel in Columbus!” review! We are delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us and we are very grateful for your review! We truly strive to be helpful to our guests and offer the utmost conveniences to all that we have the pleasure of accommodating. We have a wonderful team and I appreciate you sharing these specific praises! Thank you again for sharing your encouraging review with us and our future guests. We appreciate YOU and we look forward to your next arrival in May! If you didn't already, please be sure you become a Club Carlson Member to earn points towards future stays.
Many Thanks & Happy Travels!
Country Inn & Suites Team

Been to Country Inn & Suites Columbus? Share your experiences!