“Ok hotel, not in the best area.” 3 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2919 Warm Springs Rd., Columbus, GA 31909   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #35 of 46 Hotels in Columbus
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Ok hotel, not in the best area.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

First off, I've been to columbus many times before and I'm well aware it is very rough in certain areas. We booked this place last minute because it was cheap & pet friendly. I'm not a picky when rating hotels..however... We didn't feel safe leaving our car parked here. The car was literally parked outside our room window and we still worried. I was surprised to smell smoke as I entered the first floor hallway but later learned he 3rd floor is smoking. The room was clean, the dogs in other rooms barked all the time day and night. When I called the front desk complaining of hearing dogs barking non stop for the last half hour the guy told me he'd only heard the dog for the last ten minutes. (Um hello then why didn't you do anything sooner?!) then told he can't really do much but call the owner. Needless to say we checked out a day after checking in. Stay somewhere off exit 10 on 185 much safer and better area.

• Stayed February 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Cleveland, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

I now stay here frequently. Sure, the frills are few, but the rooms are clean enough to suite me. Should the parking lot in the front fill up, there is another in the rear. The staff is both friendly and accommodating, especially Rebecca. There is a mall across the road from the motel, but most of the restaurants are located elsewhere, still only a few minutes' drive.

Given the price for the room (significantly lower than other similar motels), I consider this La Quinta to be a bargain.

Room Tip: Get a room on the front side of the building. The Interstate is very close to the back side.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

We have been using Laquinta hotels for five years. We always travel with our two cats and they are always welcome at their hotels. It's nice to bring them along and not have to pay a pet fee. This location is convenient to Ft. Benning, St. Francis Hospital, shopping and easy access to the interstate. We have stayed at this location several times, the first being when we changed duty stations to Ft. Benning and was looking for a home to live in. We are no longer stationed there so we use the LaQuinta on Warm Springs Road when we go back to visit our friends.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Williamsburg, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

We have just started staying at La Quinta properties as a result of a recent cross-country trip. We were pleasantly surprised at the ones we had stayed out. This is an older property and shows some wear, but is a good location if you want to be near the airport. It's not quite as close as we thought it would be, and we were disappointed that they didn't have a shuttle to it, but it's still a good place to stay if you find yourself in Columbus.

Room Tip: Seems to be in a quiet location, so I'm not sure if one room is better than another.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Linden, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

The staff was very nice. The hotel was what was expected. It was older but clean and well kept. The location was close to the University, within a couple of blocks, which made for a nice walk with the dog. Nice neighborhood. There is a very nice shopping mall just a couple of blocks away, within walking distance. Lots of fast food and restaurants close. Just off the expressway. Could not ask for a better location !!! Good stay.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

we was there for our son's graduation from basic training in Fort Benning. the location was perfect.. The was an staff name Marilyn, she really went out of her way to help my family from day one.. She always had a smile. She will be the reason why my family will stay there.. thank you again

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

I would never ever recommend this hotel to anyone. My primary concern here was safety. There is a liquor store across the street and the patrons seem to make their way across the street to the hotel lobby.... constantly and at all hours. There were several men hanging around the lobby late one night when I came back from dinner, I felt very uncomfortable (they starred at me when I walked in the lobby, I'm a lady) and I was seriously afraid to leave my room. The room was dirty and I was afraid to even lay on the bed. There were stains all over the wall....not sure what it was, dips, and holes in the mattress.I left the next morning only to discover someone had tried to break into my new car!!! I alerted the manager of the motel who only told me they were sorry I had this experience. This LaQuinta gives the chain a horrible horrible name and is totally unlike any La Quinta I have ever stayed at. Also, for the price point.... unbelievably bad value. I have traveled many places in many countries and this is truly one of the worse hotels I have ever seen!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Columbus State University? Share your experiences!