“Great place to stop” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
RICHARDSON
“Great place to stop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

Room is clean, comfortable and spacious and the lobby was welcoming when we arrived at 10PM. The greeting when we arrived was very friendly and continued the next morning when we needed something out of the ordinary. Defiantly where we will stay next time we come through Columbus!

Room Tip: We had a room on the third floor and it was great. Elevator was convenient and the cart was helpful...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Yogi P, Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
On behalf of our entire staff, thank you so much for your kind review. We certainly do strive to provide all of our guests with the level of service that you described you received during your stay. We understand that experiences like yours are very personal Thank you very much for sharing your wonderful experience at our hotel with us. We strive to provide the best possible service. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

I am in hotels 60-90 nights a year. I look for comfort and value. This Sleep Inn hits on all cylinders!!! Well kept; wifi and breakfast included; microwave and mini fridge in the room; rooms are clean and comfortable. On top of that, the management seems to truly care about making the customers stay pleasant. A GREAT value!!!! What more could you ask for? The closest I could get to a negative is the parking may be a little tight......that is a stretch and likely because of the popularity as it is a GREAT value.

• Stayed November 2013
Yogi P, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, November 17, 2013
We appreciate your positive comments and for suggesting our hotel to other Trip Advisor users. Thanks for sharing your wonderful comments from your stay at Sleep inn & Suites hotel in Columbus, Georgia. We are thrilled to hear about the great service you received from our staff and the upgraded accommodation you received. Our Hotel level is definitely amazing, with personalized Concierge service, delicious breakfast. It was all our pleasure to make your visit unforgettable .We are glad we met or exceeded your expectations. We are looking forward to welcoming you back as our guest.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

This was one of the worse, if not the worse, hotel/motel we have stayed in the last century-maybe that is when the building was built. The gentlemen/women at the front were friendly. They said the rooms were recently renovated-I don't think so. The ceilings were the old pop-corn type. No tub shower combination, just a old fashion shower, with glass door trimmed in gold. Toilet and shower were in the same small area. The sink was part of the bedroom area. Even though you are told something is clean, it didn't look or feel that way. Breakfast was adequate, but the attendant was anything but friendly. Seems she was having a bad day and everyone around her knew it-she didn't have to say a thing and for that matter she didn't. We would not recommend this establishment to anyone, except those who were looking for a "cheap" place to stay near the mall and college. Even the location of the facility was a little creepy and hard to get out of due to traffic around a corner and down a hill... dangerous.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

I spent a couple of nights at the Sleep Inn and Suites, at 5100 Armour Road, Columbus GA.

Your experience will start when you enter through the doors, into a luggage pre-stage area, then into the lobby. You'll see their business suite on the left with a desk, with an internet access computer in the corner.

A three seat cushion sofa, and two single seat-cushion chairs, stood in the business suite/waiting room. A coffee table, full of magazines, stood between the sofa and chairs. A large window, between the sofa and the business desk, provided plenty of light.

I headed towards the Sleep Inn and Suite receptionist counter. I asked them if they had any available rooms. When they said yes, I asked for a non-smoking room for two nights. When you're at the reception desk, they're going to ask you for what you prefer. They'll ask you if you want a single king sized bed, or two queen sized beds.

I asked for the difference between the two, the receptionist said that the rooms with two queen sized beds cost a little extra. I asked for one king size room.

She told me what it'd cost for two nights.

Check in at the Sleep Inn and Suite is standard. You hand over your credit card and drivers license. They'll charge the credit card, print out a form, then have you sign it. They'll ask you how many key cards you want. The receptionist, in my case, talked about how to get to my room, to include elevator location. The stairs to the upper floors are across from the receptionist desk.

I went back and forth, between my car and Sleep Inn, to transfer needed bags for my stay.

This bedroom had the basics needed for someone on a business trip. The light switch was on the wall right inside the door. Enough daylight entered the room, which would spare most from turning the lights on. The mini refrigerator, with microwave on top, stood against the wall.

A business desk, with TV remote control and area information book, stood next to the mini refrigerator, also against the wall. A flat screen hung on the wall above the desk. A closet stood between the desk and the window.

A coffee station sat on the desk, near the stand up closet.

The bathroom was on the other side of the wall on the left. Two single drawer night stands flanked the bed. A phone sat on one dresser, and the clock/radio sat on another. Lamps sat on each dresser. A floor lamp stood at the far corner, then a guest chair sat near the lamp, and adjacent to the window.

The air conditioner is on the far side of the room. You'd be able to walk right up to it and adjust the room temperature controls. I managed to get it to release the right temperature.

For your convenience, Sleep Inn and Suites has an information booklet. You'll find this on the business desk. It contains area information like shopping, dining, and take out.

After I got situated, I looked at that information book for food to order. I decided on Chinese. I ordered the vegetable delight. They have other options, in the information book, for those that don't want to eat Chinese food. The deliverer had no problems finding my room.

After eating dinner, I cleaned up then accessed the internet.

They'll give you the username and password when you check in. I entered that code to access the internet to work on my correspondence. You'll quickly be able to find the websites that you normally visit, and send and receive emails as if you were in your own home.

They have electric sockets within easy reach.

After catching up with correspondence and news, I powered the laptop down. I placed it back in the laptop bag, then went to bed. The bed felt comfortable, I found myself asleep within 15 minutes.

I wanted to meet my family members prior to going to Fort Benning the next day. I got up early, and used the bathroom. You'd have an easy time adjusting the showers. You'll be able to get the right temperature combination and water pressure going. I took a good shower, dried up, then got into clean clothing.

I went downstairs to eat.

The main breakfast bar sat next to a wall. The warm meal buffet sat at the far end, with the toaster. Warm buffet options included eggs, biscuit, and sausage. Breakfast pastries sat inside a dome shaped container, next to cereal dispensers. Other breakfast options included yogurt and boiled eggs. A waffle cooker, with waffle batter, sat right next to the juice fountain.

I had a waffle, as well as biscuit, eggs and a sausage patty.

The next day's experience ran similar to the first day's. I slept good both nights, and had good showers both the following mornings.

I checked out before attending the second event at Fort Benning. After gathering all my belongings, and packing all my bags in my car, I returned the key cards to the check in. The receptionist asked me how my stay was. I replied that it was good. The receptionist signed me out, and gave me a receipt.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Yogi P, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your recent stay at the Sleep Inn & Suites Hotel in Columbus Ga. It is our goal as a Sleep Inn & Suites to create a comfortable and accommodating experience for our guests. I am happy to know our staff was able to create this experience for you. We truly appreciate your efforts and your patronage! Thank you so much for the wonderful description you shared! We think you should write a book, as your characterization of your visit was so vivid! We truly appreciate your thoughts and your efforts to share them with us and everyone else. It is always so helpful for all of our Associates to read about a pleased guest and their experience with our Hotel. Thank you so much for your generous comments and thoughts. We truly appreciate your kind comments. We truly value your business and look forward to having you back in the future to create another relaxing and convenient stay!
Savannah, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

I stayed at this hotel twice within the past 3 months. The first time was to look for jobs and the second was for an interview in the Columbus area. Both times I was more than happy with the accommodations and service. I was a little skeptical the first time but I was definitely pleased with the product. I WILL be back again! My fiancée is stationed at Fort Benning and until we get settled, this will be my hotel of choice! Management and staff are very friendly :-)! If you are looking for a great stay for a great price with a convenient location, this is the place!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Yogi P, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
We are glad to hear that you had a great stay here at the Sleep Inn. We appreciate the positive feedback. Thank you very much for taking the time out of your day to write a review of our hotel. As a staff we always get together and read all guest reviews, and we were very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. We realize that there are plenty of hotel options for you to chose from in Columbus, Georgia and we sincerely appreciate you staying with us. We hope the next time your travels bring you this way, we will have you as our guests again. Once again thanks for your positive review, and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Jacksonville, Alabama, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed at this hotel several times. The staff is great and always friendly. The rooms are excellent, updated, clean and comfortable. The only issue I've had is that the AC in my room didn't work last night. It was too late to switch rooms and thankfully it wasn't too warm, so I just dealt with it. I'm sure if I would have asked, they would have given me another room. But this is such a great hotel, I can't even drop a star for that. This is one of the best hotels at which I've stayed and I will stay here anytime I'm in Columbus.

• Stayed September 2013
Yogi P, Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
First of all I would like to apologize for the ac. We strive to have great service with affordable rates. I would like to say we Thank You here at Sleep Inn and hope you comeback to see us soon.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

The staff is always remembers who I am and goes the extra mile to make sure that I have what I need. The hotel is always clean and the rooms are up-to-date. I have stayed at many hotels in the Columbus area and have not been satisfied but, the sleep Inn is the best value in the city and I would recommend anyone to stay here over anywhere else

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Yogi P, Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
We are glad to hear that you had a great stay here at the Sleep Inn. We appreciate the positive feedback. I will pass it along to my staff. We hope to see you again soon.

Been to Sleep Inn? Share your experiences!