“Hidden Treat” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #47 of 484 Restaurants in Columbus
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating
Description: Cafe Le Rue, The only Authentic Cajun Restaurant in Columbus, Georgia. we are conveniently located in The Landing's on Airport Thruway. right next to The Sample Shop and opposite Apple bee's. we have a diverse menu which will cater to a wide audience! yet we have not compromised on the classics..which made them so! our prices are competitive and very reasonable averaging 7 dollars for lunch and 14 dollars for dinner.we are open for lunch everyday and have lunch specials starting from 7.99, and open for dinner Monday thru Saturday.we also have outdoor seating under our covered patio making it an ideal spot for a romantic evening.we also cater to large parties, special tailor made menu's available and prices according to your choices and budget.Google us for more information and we will be glad you picked us to be your special dining choice.
Catlin IL
“Hidden Treat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

I read reviews and decided to try Cafe La Rue. It is tucked in a strip mall and would never have guessed how pleasant our dinner would be. We were seated on the patio which was nice as there were 13 of us. Jason was our waiter and was so nice in giving suggestions on the menu. I started my meal with a merlot sangria,very delicious and very refreshing. Wide variety of items of the menu but mostly Cajun inspired dishes. I had the creamy grits with shrimp and sausage with gravy. The grits were cooked to perfection and the gravy was a nice touch. I loved the dish but it would have been nice to see fresh shrimp in the dish. We had a nice meal and would visit again if ever in the Columbus area.

Midland, Ga
“Good spot for shrimp and grits”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

Cafe Le Rue is a New Orleans style restaurant that serves gumbo, jambalaya, red beans and rice, po boys, shrimp and grits, and more. I ordered shrimp and grits, and they were good, but in Columbus the shrimp and grits at Mark's City Grill is better. If you order a soda you will get a 16 ounce bottle of soda with a glass of ice- no free refills here.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Columbus, Georgia
“Delicious!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

My husband and I ate here on their covered patio and it was fantastic! The restaurant itself has a lot of character and atmosphere is wonderful. The food portions were good everything we ate was very tasty.

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Columbus, GA
“My favorite place to eat in Columbus”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

I love Cafe Le Rue! My only problem is in deciding between the red beans and rice and the shrimp and grits and sausage. (And I don't even like grits.) If you haven't eaten there you cannot miss the shrimp and grits and sausage. Their appetizers - corn and jalapeno hushpuppies, the fried green tomatoes or the cajun fries - are delicious as well. Their desserts are to die for -beignets, pineapple upside cake, kahlua chocolate cake. They have some unique beer options and sangria and wine cocktails. I love to sit out on the patio. The restaurant is small and cozy. Decorated nicely. Great ambiance. Perfect for a date night, night out with friends, or lunch with co-workers.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Forest, Virginia
“Great gem in Columbus”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

Great "Nawlins" style food & personal service. I highly recommend the sampler since you can choose three of your favorites. Wash all down with an Abita.

Visited July 2012