“Great stay for family celebration” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbus - Fort Benning

You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbus - Fort Benning to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbus - Fort Benning
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3901 Victory Drive, Columbus, GA 31903   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #20 of 46 Hotels in Columbus
Bothell, Washington
“Great stay for family celebration”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

We stayed here from Oct. 11 to Oct. 15, 2012. Twenty family members, including children, were staying for the celebration of our sister and brother-in-law's 50th wedding anniversary. The rooms were clean and very nice. We were able to push tables together in the eating area and all gather for breakfast. A highlight of the trip was sitting out by the pool with our children and watching our grandchildren enjoy connecting and playing with their cousins. This is a new motel. Give it a try!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
hiexcfb, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbus - Fort Benning, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
My staff and I certainly enjoy the Ditchfield family. It mean a lot to us that you took the time to write a review about us. Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Maple Grove, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Glad to hear others had good stays. I however had worse stay ever! I have NEVER written a complaint on any hotel because I am not a picky person, However I had everything from dirty sheets to dirty blankets to front desk worker and security guards standing not to far from my door in wee hours of the night talking and laughing, to everytime I left the room my key didnt work when I came back, to bugs etc etc. When I requested to speak to general manager they said they would have him talk to me I was there 4 nights never heard from anyone. I never had one apology. I will say there was one women that worked at front desk Theresa who felt bad all of it kept happening and was kind to me. I could go on for a long time about the rest but they will probably take of this feedback anyway.( P.S. it said on bottom I could share pictures thought of postinG pics of the dirty sheets but didnt wanna gross people out if management wants them I can send them to them

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
hiexcfb, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbus - Fort Benning, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Thank you for leaving a review. I am deeply sorry your wife received service that was less than satisfactory. This is not the type of service you should expect from our hotel. Your feedback is very important to us. We take all comments seriously and welcome any opportunity to improve. If there is anything we can do to make your next stay more comfortable, Please do not hesitate to contacted us.
Ventura,Ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

On September 6, 2012 through September 9, 2012, my husband, older son and I stayed here for my son's graduation from BCT at Fort Benning. We were looking for a four star plus place close to the base and the Infantry Museum, not far from the main freeway and access to other parts of Columbus. This hotel was perfect.! The front desk staff was excellent! After a long trip from California, the southern charm and hospitality was quite welcomed. They were friendly, and very helpful (answering questions about places to take our son for well-deserved civilian meals, or places to visit..giving us directions to all.) The rooms were nice,comfortable and quiet. The pool provided relief from Georgia's Summer heat and humidity.We had early-start mornings, so the breakfast served downstairs satisfied our needs (It's fast food/processed...but we weren't there for a gourmet meal. Besides, just lead me to the coffee and rolls/toast!) There are some stores and fast-food eateries nearby as well. However, a better variety of restaurants, shopping and sites are freeway close. Thank you you to the staff for helping to make our long-awaited visit with our soldier a lovely few days. (P.S. to Army families: Book your room/s well in advance of your anticipated stay. They book up quickly.)

Room Tip: After researching online travel sites, I called directly. Ask for a room on one of the upper two flo...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
hiexcfb, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbus - Fort Benning, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
We highly appreciate you vouching for our property . Thank you
Kansas City, MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

Myself and my son's girlfriend stayed here September 11, 2012 through September 14, 2012 for my son's graduation from BCT. This is my first TripAdvisor review but I found out about this wonderful Hotel from reading other's reviews so would like to pay if forward. First of all, let me say the front staff desk is so friendly and helpful. Theresa checked us in and is just delightful! Jazmine and Mary were also very friendly and helpful whenever we had questions or needed anything. The location is perfect and only minutes away from Ft. Benning which is convenient when you are limited on time to get back and forth. The rooms are beautiful and very clean with an abundance of towels. This is the first Hotel that I've stayed at that I didn't have to ask for more towels! The maid staff is very helpful and friendly and will get what you need. Breakfast is good with a variety eggs, bacon or sausage, biscuits and gravy, fruit, sweet rolls and beverages. We actually enjoyed it. :) We were able to use their computer and printer in the business room to check in and print our boarding passes for our flight out. Very convenient! Overall, we had a great experience and would highly recommend this Hotel. Wish we had a reason to come and visit again!! :)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
hiexcfb, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbus - Fort Benning, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
I am happy to hear you had a great experience while staying with us. I certainly appreciate you taking a moment out of you day to let us know how we did. Thank you.
Pittsburg, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

Very clean! Very accomodating and friendly too. Six of us stayed at this hotel Aug. 22 -26th, 2012. We were there to see our son graduate from Army Boot Camp at Fort Benning. The location was just down the street from our son and other things that we needed (drug store, grocery, food). My son was really wanting good Mexican food after he had been away from home for 3 months. Vallarta Mexican restraurant was right down the street and delicious! We forgot to pack our navigational device so the staff found directions for us quickly everytime we called The bed was more comfortable than my one at home. The breakfast had what we needed for our diet (protein, low carbs) as well as tasty hot cinnamon rolls and pancakes every morning. The pool was perfect temperature. We used the excercise room at night when they couldn't sleep. The housekeeping staff helped us get more towels and anything we wanted when we wanted it. I notiiced that the front desk person looked up, made eye contact and gave a friendly Hello everytime we passed. We used the computer room to print up and send homework/work assignments. Parking was secure and easy. This is the first time I asked a front desk if I could print a good review somewhere for them.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
hiexcfb, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbus - Fort Benning, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your experience at my property. It brings me so much joy to hear how well of a job we are doing. Sincerely thank you.
Fayetteville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

This is the place to stay when visiting Columbus, GA. I have stayed at this Hotel 7 times and each visit the Staff surpasses the previous visits. The Front Staff is Excellent, always courtesy, extremely helpful, and they're there to make your stay relaxing and enjoyable. There's even a security guard on duty at night to make sure nothing happens to your belongings, unlike other hotels I have stayed at. It's convenient to Ft Benning and the National Infantry Museum. The free hot breakfast is one of the best I have had.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Mr. Vona, I am happy to hear that my hotel is the only place to stay for you and your family. Your review is very especial to us, as you are one of our Favorite, most memorable guest. It means a lot that you took the time to write a review. Thanks and we hope to see you soon.
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

Who'da thunk a little ole Holiday Inn in Columbus/Ft Benning, GA would have so much class? We stayed for 4 days. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was hot and decent. Eating area was kept clean constantly. Pool and pool area was clean. We stayed in a double queen suite. Checked bed -bug registry before booking. Not on registry. Only complaint is housekeeping. Make sure you let the front desk know you'd like your room cleaned otherwise, they will only change out towels - not make the beds.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
hiexcfb, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbus - Fort Benning, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
I sincerely thank you for taking the time to write a review but mostly for bringing the issue you encounter during your stay to my attention. Excellent service is our #1 priority and we take very seriously the opinion of our guest. We have taken all necessary step with our housekeeping department to ensure this issue does not happen again. Thank again for your feedback.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbus - Fort Benning? Share your experiences!